OOC Chat

Jiyo Sora

Re: OOC Chat

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:10 am

Bayushi Umeno wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:06 am
Scorpion need something in this setting, may as well have that.
Real talk: the tepid support for Akodo and Bayushi in the last game was... eesh. The Lion and the Scorpion (who often hog as much canon story limelight as the friggin' Crane!) have been kinda emphatically backburnered in this continuity so far.
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:11 am

Well I was hoping to get them on board with the alliance but the Scorpion had other plans and the Lion player vanished.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:13 am

Yeah, but in this continuity, the Kolat kind of acts as the traditional Scorpion, and the Stag is a bit like the old Lion.

So those two need to reinvent themselves as their "canon" roles are already taken.
Imperial | Former Isawa | Bushi | Artisan | Skeletal
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: What Is Expected | Description

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:14 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:10 am
Bayushi Umeno wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:06 am
Scorpion need something in this setting, may as well have that.
Real talk: the tepid support for Akodo and Bayushi in the last game was... eesh. The Lion and the Scorpion (who often hog as much canon story limelight as the friggin' Crane!) have been kinda emphatically backburnered in this continuity so far.
Who knows, maybe Akodo will find something else to exterminate in this timeline instead of the Kitsu? Maybe trolls, goblins, or ogres? Two of those were responsible for harming and killing the ones who came to save his brother in this game, after all, and trolls are universally regarded as very dangerous.

I do wonder how Bayushi and the Scorpion will find their place in Shiba's Empire though, as he is Shiba's twin. I feel like it should say something?
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:15 am

Nanzi wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:11 am
the Lion player vanished.
This has been one of the biggest constants in the online games I've been in.

Seriously.

Lion players vanish.

I didn't notice it so much in the official AEG Winter Court games because attrition was usually pretty steep with so many players, and in Winter Court 4, there were added OOC "fuck this" components, but in every other L5R game I've done online, the Lion have been prone to having their entire faction evaporate from active play. Even in the Naishou games, where they're frequently load-bearing to the plot, they tend to go poof.

EDIT: And given the... orthodoxy of the Lion clan as a thing their fans enjoy, this setting may be a very hard sell for them. The Scorpion, i think can still find some of their usual mojo (I had Sora mention to his chosen successor that 'if anyone refuses to accept your leadership, give their names to Shiba to give to Bayushi and we'll clear that right up")
Last edited by Jiyo Sora on Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:16 am

The Scorpion at this time aren't looking to pick sides. Or at least, the one Scorpion player isn't.

Should've had Yozora cuddle up to Bayushi more last game.
Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:13 am
Yeah, but in this continuity, the Kolat kind of acts as the traditional Scorpion, and the Stag is a bit like the old Lion.

So those two need to reinvent themselves as their "canon" roles are already taken.
Which have been player choices of back burnering the two clans in favor of the Stag and Kolat, so just as Sora said.

It's in part the reason I'm trying to find the place for the Scorpion as is.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Former Kawagaya | Stand-Oafish | Blessed
Carries: Armor, Dai Tsuchi, Tetsubo, Tanto, Hat and Cloak, Pack

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:16 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:15 am
Nanzi wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:11 am
the Lion player vanished.
This has been one of the biggest constants in the online games I've been in.

Seriously.

Lion players vanish.

I didn't notice it so much in the official AEG Winter Court games because attrition was usually pretty steep with so many players, and in Winter Court 4, there were added OOC "fuck this" components, but in every other L5R game I've done online, the Lion have been prone to having their entire faction evaporate from active play. Even in the Naishou games, where they're frequently load-bearing to the plot, they tend to go poof.
Play Hollow Throne. The Lions dominate everything there. :lol:
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:18 am

HT is Lion city.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:26 am

Bayushi Umeno wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:16 am
It's in part the reason I'm trying to find the place for the Scorpion as is.
Welllllllllll, the Worst Kolat Ever believe in checks and balances, and I find it really hard to believe, given the number of people deliberately clued in on the organization's existence, that Bayushi isn't well aware of its existence and membership. I can easily see a trade focus to pre-empt Kolat control of that (maybe the Scorpion invent the Koku in this setting?), and a sideline of "we'll have our assassins watch your assassins. Just to be safe."

Plus... nobody's tackling the legal system yet, so Saibankan may yet have his day.

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:27 am

Considering Nanzi played double agent for him he knows they exist, not sure how much tabs he kept on them.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:28 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:26 am

Plus... nobody's tackling the legal system yet, so Saibankan may yet have his day.
*raises hand*

"What's a lee-gahl system?"

Theme 2Profile

Shinjo Koyama

Post by Shinjo Koyama » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:29 am

I'm actually helping you there, Umeno. ;) It'd be fun to have Hikaru legacies in many factions. :P
Once known as Kozan of the Hikaru

Ki-Rin Clan ʭ Highlander ʭ Dragonborn ʭ Froward ʭ Frank ʭ Fierce ʭ Focused
Status: Shinjo's Guidman Glory: Bairn of the Earth Repute: 'Freedom!'

hatchet, spear, studded club, leather-and-bone armour, bear hide cloak
beer skin, dice, xun, cowrie shell strings

Xiao Bao, the sarcastic raccoon dog

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:32 am

Nanzi wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:27 am
Considering Nanzi played double agent for him he knows they exist, not sure how much tabs he kept on them.
I'm actually amusedly curious about who Shiba has clued in, based on what Sora has told him (which is damn near everything). The Path of Man thing in the canon plot shows he can keep a secret, but at the same time... he doesn't make a fetish of secrecy, and has probably dropped word to those he thinks will do the right thing with it.

Hantei's reaction when Nanzi told him indicates that Shiba hasn't blabbed it all over creation, though.

Shinjo Koyama

Post by Shinjo Koyama » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:34 am

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:46 am
The best thing in having Koyama as a Dragon form is to finally be able to understand what he’s saying.
I might poll you in my Q&A who thought doing Scots instead of regular English was fun or annoying. For me it was a linguistic challenge to pull that off with any consistency.

Also, has it been revealed who Nanzi is?

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:36 am

Who Nanzi is?

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:37 am

Nanzi is Nanzi!

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:37 am

The legal system, hm? I think that might be a fun thing for the Lion to tackle, if THEY need some new direction.

"Akodo, PI" 8-)

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:39 am

Bayushi Umeno wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:37 am
The legal system, hm? I think that might be a fun thing for the Lion to tackle, if THEY need some new direction.

"Akodo, PI" 8-)
They only get it if they show up to claim it! :lol:

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:41 am

Well, with family head's out next game, there's plenty of room for new Lion to pop up if people wanted.

Shinjo Koyama

Post by Shinjo Koyama » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:43 am

Has there been word on reprising, time jumps, etc?

Return to “Out of Character Chat”