GM Questions

Canary

Re: GM Questions

Post by Canary » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:38 am

Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:42 pm
Do we need to spend goal points if we want the proto-nemuranai made during the trip to subsist? Like Dawei's shrine (more or less blessed by a god, a Fortune and Shinsei at this point), Saruko's banner and probably others I'm unaware of.
And the rat phone! Nope, anything accomplished during the game is persistent without goal points.
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:58 am

A general, "if someone could look over the recent drivel in my PF" query... I have some questions, some XP expenditures, and not sure about formal goal writeups...
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:49 am

Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:47 am

As others are wanting to contribute to it, it would be good to know the cost. How many goal points for bloodless magic?
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui
Glory 2 ~ Reputation 4 ~ Status 1

Carries: Yumi, Arrows, Aiguchi, Lantern, Water, Medicine Kit, Jade (4/7)

Canary

Post by Canary » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:10 pm

Hanzou wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:47 am
As others are wanting to contribute to it, it would be good to know the cost. How many goal points for bloodless magic?

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:02 pm

Kyosei of the Isawa Tribe
Shugenja • Earth • Experienced • Jade

Glory 2 • Reputation 4 • Status 1
Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.
When out in the area outside the camps, Axe, shovel, bo staff.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:22 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:58 am
A general, "if someone could look over the recent drivel in my PF" query... I have some questions, some XP expenditures, and not sure about formal goal writeups...
It occurs to me that actually providing some links would be helpful, given the amount of end of game madness you guys have to sift-

XP Expenditure. This is mostly so I can edit a funny line into my signature :P

Proto-Goal Writeup

Goal Point tracking

Fiction Bit (and therefore the lowest priority at present)

The Obligatory End of Game Feedback Post
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:24 pm

Just a few notes for when you guys get a chance. Mostly goal stuff.
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.
Profile :: Themes

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:25 pm

Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:07 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:01 am
"I do wonder if they've ever all gotten together to have that sort of conversation. No spouses, no hangers-on, just the Kami..."
Would mentioning this idea to Shiba be a goal thing, ro something I can toss out as an "my guy brings this up and Shiba makes his own decision on it" kind of deal? Since Shiba's not really in this game, it's not a thing I have a lot of scope to get done...

Canary

Post by Canary » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:31 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:07 am
Jiyo Sora wrote:
"I do wonder if they've ever all gotten together to have that sort of conversation. No spouses, no hangers-on, just the Kami..."
Would mentioning this idea to Shiba be a goal thing, ro something I can toss out as an "my guy brings this up and Shiba makes his own decision on it" kind of deal? Since Shiba's not really in this game, it's not a thing I have a lot of scope to get done...
There's a lot of assumptions going around that just because Shiba/the Kami are off screen they haven't been doing anything. I guess that's the downfall of having a strongly player-driven narrative.

That was already the plan, and they've done so more than once before now. Shinjo was planning to request the next meeting.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:33 am

Canary wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:31 am
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:07 am
Jiyo Sora wrote:
There's a lot of assumptions going around that just because Shiba/the Kami are off screen they haven't been doing anything. I guess that's the downfall of having a strongly player-driven narrative.

That was already the plan, and they've done so more than once before now. Shinjo was planning to request the next meeting.
HUZZAH!

Miyako

Post by Miyako » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:46 am

Chinsei Tribe * Hunter (Bushi) * Herbalist * Storyteller * Singer * Pleasant-Voiced * Sharp-Eyed? * Talkative! * Night Child
Status: 0.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: Normal / What is Expected

Speaking * Signing
Equipment: Light armor, sturdy clothing, wide-brimmed straw hat, straw cloak, yari, yumi, quiver, water and rations, traveling pack
Profile!

Jin

Post by Jin » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:12 am

Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:08 pm

Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Miyako

Post by Miyako » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:58 am

Chinsei Tribe * Hunter (Bushi) * Herbalist * Storyteller * Singer * Pleasant-Voiced * Sharp-Eyed? * Talkative! * Night Child
Status: 0.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: Normal / What is Expected

Speaking * Signing
Equipment: Light armor, sturdy clothing, wide-brimmed straw hat, straw cloak, yari, yumi, quiver, water and rations, traveling pack
Profile!

Wu

Post by Wu » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:08 pm

Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:17 am

As you can, with thanks: viewtopic.php?f=89&t=861&start=3
Seppun Dawei
Stag Clan * Bushi * Quiet * O-Iemoto * Experienced
Status 2.0, Glory 2.0, Reputation 4.5
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking
Description from Dawn 1 * Current Description
Player based in Kerrville, Texas

Inga

Post by Inga » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:36 am

♧Shoji tribe ♧Bushi ♧Unlucky ♧Daredevil ♧Superstitious ♧Fortune Teller ♧Haunted ♧ Very Unfortunate
♧Glory: 1 ♧Reputation: Untrustworthy ♧Status:1

Equipment: Bow, quiver, Light armor, Finger of Jade, Tanto,

Inga

Post by Inga » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:10 am

♧Shoji tribe ♧Bushi ♧Unlucky ♧Daredevil ♧Superstitious ♧Fortune Teller ♧Haunted ♧ Very Unfortunate
♧Glory: 1 ♧Reputation: Untrustworthy ♧Status:1

Equipment: Bow, quiver, Light armor, Finger of Jade, Tanto,

Return to “Out of Character Chat”