GM Questions

Canary

Re: GM Questions

Post by Canary » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:48 am

Inga wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:26 pm
Am I lost to the Shadowlands or can I return to camp?

If I have XP left from when we go xp can I get a skill and be active this day?
You can return.

Yes.
Reiko wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:43 pm
Do those who formed clans/families in game 1 have cities already for their clans?
No. At most, they have towns, and like 1/4 to 1/2 of one castle. Imperials might have a little more because they're Imperials.
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:35 am

Character Goals - Getting into the Nitty Gritty There is a question at the end of the second tag. There's no need to rush. We've got time, and you three need your rest. I'm posting this one so you can talk about it and let me know.

As always, I'm fine with whatever answer.
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:27 am

Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:55 am

Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Miyako

Post by Miyako » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:09 am

Chinsei Tribe * Hunter (Bushi) * Herbalist * Storyteller * Singer * Pleasant-Voiced * Sharp-Eyed? * Talkative! * Night Child
Status: 0.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: Normal / What is Expected

Speaking * Signing
Equipment: Light armor, sturdy clothing, wide-brimmed straw hat, straw cloak, yari, yumi, quiver, water and rations, traveling pack
Profile!

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:23 am

For goals, is starting a major heresy a 4 point goal per empire spanning projects/cultural norms?
Crab • Seidou • Niece of the Daimyo • Surprisingly Literate • A Little Awkward
• Here To Help • Front Line Combatant • Recorder Of History

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:40 am

Anjing Xia wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:23 am
For goals, is starting a major heresy a 4 point goal per empire spanning projects/cultural norms?
If it's an empire spanning heresy, yes
I am the GM that posts while you're at work, I am the plot line that freezes before day change, I am... The Underbirb!

Ko

Post by Ko » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:39 am

Bakuriel wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:25 am
Ninube wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:22 am
Can make a LE Thread collecting the survivors of the first line or wait until we see how the second line goes?
Nobody knows there even are survivors until Reo's return in the Early Night. That said, there will be a thread to attempt retrieval during the Late Night slot as a result of this, if enough people come by. Reo himself cannot carry anyone free.
I just (rather belatedly) found this scene! Glad to learn I've been dragged back by the living. :lol:

For the 'choose your disad' element of the event, I thought I might as well ask whether, narratively speaking, having Great Destiny offers any defense against the nastier effects of this near-death experience. Does it?
Shore People ✖ 'Bushi? That sounds right' ✖ Stone-tool-user ✖ Awkward ✖ On A Quest
Status: 1.0 ✖ Glory: 1.0 ✖ Reputation: Bad, real bad ✖ Character description

Wears: Simple clothing, pearl and coral jewelry, copper coin bracelet; light armor when expecting danger.
Carries: Walking staff or yumi (or both); knives; jade, pack with misc fishing & survival tools and small daily items. Warclub (tetsubo) when needed.

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:03 am

Ko wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:39 am
Bakuriel wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:25 am
Ninube wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:22 am
Can make a LE Thread collecting the survivors of the first line or wait until we see how the second line goes?
Nobody knows there even are survivors until Reo's return in the Early Night. That said, there will be a thread to attempt retrieval during the Late Night slot as a result of this, if enough people come by. Reo himself cannot carry anyone free.
I just (rather belatedly) found this scene! Glad to learn I've been dragged back by the living. :lol:

For the 'choose your disad' element of the event, I thought I might as well ask whether, narratively speaking, having Great Destiny offers any defense against the nastier effects of this near-death experience. Does it?
Fraid not, one can fulfill a great destiny with one eye or a doubtful stance about their weapon.
I am the GM that posts while you're at work, I am the plot line that freezes before day change, I am... The Underbirb!

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:08 am

Spider Clan * "Scout" * Unloved By Her Ancestors

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:57 pm

Character Goal for Approval with writeup link included
2 points on my end, 3 points from Taochusu on their end. They can confirm that we're both on board with the plan and I'm giddy with excitement. ^_^

They've got a good head for this!

If it's approved, we'll post the info publicly.
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:05 pm

For all of those who got tainted, any side-effect on the way back, or is this more of a Damocles sword for the distant future?
Imperial | Former Isawa | Bushi | Artisan | Skeletal
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: What Is Expected | Description

Canary

Post by Canary » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:05 pm

Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:05 pm
For all of those who got tainted, any side-effect on the way back, or is this more of a Damocles sword for the distant future?
Damocles sword
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:57 pm

Goals posted up here:

viewtopic.php?p=20037#p20037
Crab • Seidou • Niece of the Daimyo • Surprisingly Literate • A Little Awkward
• Here To Help • Front Line Combatant • Recorder Of History

Jin

Post by Jin » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:12 pm

Various 'get to them eventually' housekeeping matters. No rush enjoy your endgame too!

Here
Here
and Here
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Wu

Post by Wu » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:25 pm

Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:52 pm

Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:15 pm

Experience Expenditures
--Includes the thing that I had briefly put down about "Unlearning." Provided that her Character Goal is approved, and this is ok, that's the plan listed in there.

Honor Recording
--Which includes a fair case for anyone that had an interest in taking a reputation gain for participating in this game, particularly those of Reputation 4 or less.

For what I assume are blatantly obvious reasons (namely that we don't have another game with this character for six months to a year probably) there is NO rush on this. :lol:

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:42 pm

Do we need to spend goal points if we want the proto-nemuranai made during the trip to subsist? Like Dawei's shrine (more or less blessed by a god, a Fortune and Shinsei at this point), Saruko's banner and probably others I'm unaware of.
Imperial | Former Isawa | Bushi | Artisan | Skeletal
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: What Is Expected | Description

Ko

Post by Ko » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:58 pm

I'd a question about Ko's offscreen goal here which I think did not get spotted in the scramble of D16--totally wasn't urgent then, but I guess now is the moment for it?
Shore People ✖ 'Bushi? That sounds right' ✖ Stone-tool-user ✖ Awkward ✖ On A Quest
Status: 1.0 ✖ Glory: 1.0 ✖ Reputation: Bad, real bad ✖ Character description

Wears: Simple clothing, pearl and coral jewelry, copper coin bracelet; light armor when expecting danger.
Carries: Walking staff or yumi (or both); knives; jade, pack with misc fishing & survival tools and small daily items. Warclub (tetsubo) when needed.

Return to “Out of Character Chat”