GM Questions

Canary

Re: GM Questions

Post by Canary » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:40 am

Jin wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:34 am
Jin wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:00 pm
Is the Spellcraft/Earth roll a cooperative roll or are the others assumed to be too busy communing to assist?
Think this one might have gotten missed.
Yes, thank you. Others are too busy communing to assist. If you're there, you're assumed to be able to manage.
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:59 am

Sorry, just to make sure I've got the right idea for the remaining rolls in The Wedding:

2A - Every Shugenja makes this roll (TN10 Earth Casting Roll)

2B - Every Shugenja also makes this roll (TN30 Spellcraft/Earth Roll)

2C - One Shugenja makes this roll (TN30 Earth Casting Roll), with bonuses for each other Shugenja that succeeded at 2B

And all of these rolls get the bonus from Reiko in Part one.

Is that correct?
Seppun * Former Isawa * Shugenja * Philosopher * Husbando
Carries: Scroll case, scrolls. Jade.

Canary

Post by Canary » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:22 am

Seppun Chisei wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:59 am
Sorry, just to make sure I've got the right idea for the remaining rolls in The Wedding:

2A - Every Shugenja makes this roll (TN10 Earth Casting Roll)

2B - Every Shugenja also makes this roll (TN30 Spellcraft/Earth Roll)

2C - One Shugenja makes this roll (TN30 Earth Casting Roll), with bonuses for each other Shugenja that succeeded at 2B

And all of these rolls get the bonus from Reiko in Part one.

Is that correct?
Correct

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:44 am

Subject: The Descent
Canary wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:40 am
To escape the Shadowlands, the characters must make a sprint for the exit. They must each make three Athletics/Stamina rolls at TN 10, 15, and 20. Failing any of the rolls will result in a delay of one round and everyone having to retry that round's roll, since the group has to stay together within the barrier. The Maw will catch up and do 5 points of integrity damage to the barrier in 6 rounds. This will continue until all characters make all three rolls successfully.

Yamadono must continue maintaining the barrier during each round, and Ch'chit may continue using his bonus or healing.
Is each roll one round or all three done in one round? Also they have 6 rounds before they take 5 Integrity from the Maw?
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Canary

Post by Canary » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:07 am

Nanzi wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:44 am
Subject: The Descent
Canary wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:40 am
To escape the Shadowlands, the characters must make a sprint for the exit. They must each make three Athletics/Stamina rolls at TN 10, 15, and 20. Failing any of the rolls will result in a delay of one round and everyone having to retry that round's roll, since the group has to stay together within the barrier. The Maw will catch up and do 5 points of integrity damage to the barrier in 6 rounds. This will continue until all characters make all three rolls successfully.

Yamadono must continue maintaining the barrier during each round, and Ch'chit may continue using his bonus or healing.
Is each roll one round or all three done in one round? Also they have 6 rounds before they take 5 Integrity from the Maw?
One roll per round. And yes.

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:22 am

Can make a LE Thread collecting the survivors of the first line or wait until we see how the second line goes?
Spider Clan * "Scout" * Unloved By Her Ancestors

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:25 am

Ninube wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:22 am
Can make a LE Thread collecting the survivors of the first line or wait until we see how the second line goes?
Nobody knows there even are survivors until Reo's return in the Early Night. That said, there will be a thread to attempt retrieval during the Late Night slot as a result of this, if enough people come by. Reo himself cannot carry anyone free.
I am the GM that posts while you're at work, I am the plot line that freezes before day change, I am... The Underbirb!

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:48 am

Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui
Glory 2 ~ Reputation 4 ~ Status 1

Carries: Yumi, Arrows, Aiguchi, Lantern, Water, Medicine Kit, Jade (4/7)

Jin

Post by Jin » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:59 pm

Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:23 pm

Pertaining to "Those Who Return" - Reo doesn't feel competent to roll for stealth (which given his disadvantage is understandable). Is it possible for Ninube or Phi to make a second attempt to find Taochusu's body, or is the limit one attempt/body per person?

I'm fine either way. Just want to check. Much as she wants to save Taochusu's body, the living come first.
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:53 pm

Phi wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:23 pm
Pertaining to "Those Who Return" - Reo doesn't feel competent to roll for stealth (which given his disadvantage is understandable). Is it possible for Ninube or Phi to make a second attempt to find Taochusu's body, or is the limit one attempt/body per person?

I'm fine either way. Just want to check. Much as she wants to save Taochusu's body, the living come first.
Someone can attempt a second run or, if a third player wishes to retrieve the body, they can just say they followed after. Both of the living players were saved already so the matter of who does corpse recovery is up to you.
I am the GM that posts while you're at work, I am the plot line that freezes before day change, I am... The Underbirb!

Inga

Post by Inga » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:26 pm

Am I lost to the Shadowlands or can I return to camp?

If I have XP left from when we go xp can I get a skill and be active this day?
♧Shoji tribe ♧Bushi ♧Unlucky ♧Daredevil ♧Superstitious ♧Fortune Teller ♧Haunted ♧ Very Unfortunate
♧Glory: 1 ♧Reputation: Untrustworthy ♧Status:1

Equipment: Bow, quiver, Light armor, Finger of Jade, Tanto,

Miyako

Post by Miyako » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:35 pm

Bakuriel wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:53 pm
Phi wrote:

Someone can attempt a second run or, if a third player wishes to retrieve the body, they can just say they followed after. Both of the living players were saved already so the matter of who does corpse recovery is up to you.
I'm willing to do this and have three Void to burn for D16 still in order to accomplish it - let me know! :)
Chinsei Tribe * Hunter (Bushi) * Herbalist * Storyteller * Singer * Pleasant-Voiced * Sharp-Eyed? * Talkative! * Night Child
Status: 0.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: Normal / What is Expected

Speaking * Signing
Equipment: Light armor, sturdy clothing, wide-brimmed straw hat, straw cloak, yari, yumi, quiver, water and rations, traveling pack
Profile!

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:43 pm

Do those who formed clans/families in game 1 have cities already for their clans?
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:45 pm

Reiko wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:43 pm
Do those who formed clans/families in game 1 have cities already for their clans?
Some of the Kami have started on it, at least:

Subject: GM Questions
Canary wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:51 am
Togashi Saruko wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:49 am
In relation to the Goals:

Have the Kami strongholds (Kyuden Hida, Kuyden Doji, etc) started construction/been built?
Most of them are at least starting construction, but points can be spend to have a hand in helping with/designing them.
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:01 pm

One clan had no kami though
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:22 pm

Miyako wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:35 pm
Bakuriel wrote:
Phi wrote:

I'm willing to do this and have three Void to burn for D16 still in order to accomplish it - let me know! :)
Xia expressed interest last night so I'm going to wait for them to say they will or won't before moving on to other would be participants

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:00 am

Miyako wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:35 pm
Bakuriel wrote:
Phi wrote:

Since Xia's expressed an interest, I'll let her figure out if she's able to get in, but if not, then absolutely. Will be glad for the help either way.
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Reo

Post by Reo » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:39 am

Yes please. The checks are pretty much the things Reo is worst at
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan | Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade, 3 uses of jade dust

Reo

Post by Reo » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:39 am

Yes please. The checks are pretty much the things Reo is worst at
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan | Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade, 3 uses of jade dust

Return to “Out of Character Chat”