GM Questions

Canary

GM Questions

Post by Canary » Sat May 09, 2020 3:34 am

Post your questions for Tyrus or Birb here and we will get to them as soon as possible
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Nozomi

Re: GM Questions

Post by Nozomi » Sun May 10, 2020 7:02 am

So... dumb metaphysical question, but can the kami hear our prayers?
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Canary

Post by Canary » Sun May 10, 2020 7:07 am

They do, but you communicate in weird humans ways, so they don't really get it.

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Sun May 10, 2020 12:50 pm

What is the status of those that started families or were wed to kami, i.e. social status.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Canary

Post by Canary » Sun May 10, 2020 2:24 pm

Those who are also family daimyo have that status. So, 7.0. Keeping in mind that in the current environment what that means as to how people treat you is a little loose.

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Sun May 10, 2020 8:37 pm

Can we get page count to go higher than 10? Maybe 25-30?
Kyosei of the Isawa Tribe
Shugenja • Earth • Experienced • Jade

Glory 2 • Reputation 4 • Status 1
Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.
When out in the area outside the camps, Axe, shovel, bo staff.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon May 11, 2020 4:23 am

Canary wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 2:24 pm
Those who are also family daimyo have that status. So, 7.0. Keeping in mind that in the current environment what that means as to how people treat you is a little loose.
Is Glory also changed for those who have become Daimyo/Champions or just married Kami?

In the Core, rewards are as following:
Marriage: Increase Glory Rank of lower-Glory spouse to one less than higher-Glory spouse

This will lead to some pretty high Glory gains for some though. Alternatively, the "average" Glory of a Great Clan Family Daimyo is 6 in the Corebook (as a guideline though, as Daimyo can certainly vary on that a lot). Putting it firmly at 6 could also account for time that has passed and Glory that has faded.

Or none of the above. Whatever mighty Canary decides. :)
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Canary

Post by Canary » Mon May 11, 2020 11:24 am

6 works. I mean, some of you should be pretty well known.

Jin

Post by Jin » Mon May 11, 2020 11:49 am

So, doing the math, between XP and event rewards I end up over on total CP for the game. If that's not cool I'm happy to knock off one of the end game XP spends from last game to balance things out.
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Canary

Post by Canary » Mon May 11, 2020 1:16 pm

"If the difference is zero or less, they don’t add any additional XP."

Part of what I meant by that is that you don't subtract anything. You just don't add any more in addition.

Jin

Post by Jin » Mon May 11, 2020 2:09 pm

Thanks I missed the fine point it seems!

Also new errata:
The Ronin Shugenja School may gains spells on increasing Insight Rank.
Assuming this applies even to Self-Taught Shugenja which normally states otherwise: Jin started at Rank 2 in the last game so never received any during ranking up. He then learned one spell during the last game and created one. Would we count those two as his bonus spells for Rank 2 or should I be picking two more.
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Mon May 11, 2020 5:26 pm

Canary wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 2:24 pm
Is this the same for me with the Spider? As there's no kami (yet) for the Spider, I guess I'm more the champion which would be status 8/glory 7?
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon May 11, 2020 7:54 pm

Do we have personal/private folders?
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon May 11, 2020 8:18 pm

May Stag and/or Lion characters use honor, instead of reputation by now (5 years after)?
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Canary

Post by Canary » Tue May 12, 2020 1:41 am

Reiko wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 5:26 pm
Is this the same for me with the Spider? As there's no kami (yet) for the Spider, I guess I'm more the champion which would be status 8/glory 7?
You're still a Family daimyo.
Nanzi wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 7:54 pm
Do we have personal/private folders?
Once character approval starts on the 16th.
Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 8:18 pm
May Stag and/or Lion characters use honor, instead of reputation by now (5 years after)?
Give it until next game.

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Tue May 12, 2020 3:25 am

I know that we are here to rescue Fu Leng, but I have some questions; will the ratlings be there from the start? Where are we beginning the journey and have we just arrived to martial out for the journey or have we been there some time preparing? I did not see any info on this on the site.

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Tue May 12, 2020 3:36 am

I might echo the 'more post per page' question from the first page of questions.
Ratling | Never Lost | Disturbing Countenance | Painful Bite | Fearless | Favorite Pup
Niche: 4.5 | Chieftain Class
Description
Possessions: Spiked Big Stick (Tetsubo), Yumi, Sturdy Clothes, Light Armor, Traveling Pack

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Tue May 12, 2020 4:43 am

Writing background right now. Wondering how the first generation of not-yet-samurai is recruited. Do the family founders go full recruitment drive in the tribes every year to get onboard those now of age? Is it more of a messy thing, with people knocking on the clan doors from time to time? Or is each clan already self-sufficient, getting its "elites" only from its own ranks?
Imperial | Former Isawa | Bushi | Artisan | Skeletal
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: What Is Expected | Description

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue May 12, 2020 4:49 am

Kinsen pushed hard for the Noriaki to join the kami. Many with the Lion, some with the Spider.
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue May 12, 2020 4:55 am

Ayumu wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 4:43 am
Writing background right now. Wondering how the first generation of not-yet-samurai is recruited. Do the family founders go full recruitment drive in the tribes every year to get onboard those now of age? Is it more of a messy thing, with people knocking on the clan doors from time to time? Or is each clan already self-sufficient, getting its "elites" only from its own ranks?
I think this is a different one on an individual level when it comes to recruitment. I can certainly see some being much more proactive in their recruitment. Shirayuki/Saruko would be more reactionary as she doesn't seek followers actively - she's taking a Dragon-like approach in that she'll let people seek her (and the Dragon) on their own accord. :D

But after the Tournament 5 years ago, I imagine most of the tribes would have heard the accounts of what happened, about the Kami, and that they're welcoming followers who wish to be a part of a new thing called an "Em-pi-re".
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Return to “Out of Character Chat”