GM Questions

Reo

Re: GM Questions

Post by Reo » Wed May 27, 2020 8:05 am

Hoping to study the dead tainted dog corpse

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=538#p7540
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan | Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade, 3 uses of jade dust

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Wed May 27, 2020 9:54 am

Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Canary

Post by Canary » Wed May 27, 2020 12:39 pm

Taochusu wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 9:54 am
Hunting stuff: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=495&p=7545&sid=e30 ... 3bcb#p7545
what Mineko came up with seems fine to me.
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Canary

Post by Canary » Wed May 27, 2020 12:45 pm

Seidou Satone wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 10:44 pm
One of the books lists crossbow as 5 koku for cost. Can I assume that is appropriate for crafting? I passed the "invention" check, so I'd like to start making one.
No. Crossbows take a long time to build realistically, and a longer time to develop. They also require some fairly small fiddly metal bits. I'm willing to give it to you to invent it post game, but it's not really within the scope of this one.
Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 4:33 am
You know what we need? More crafting questions. Just in case.

How much slots would it take to change a rabbit pelt into a simple hat or vest with a good old Craft: Tailoring/Intelligence roll? What would be the TN? What for a more complex design like gloves? Can we assume that a rabbit pelt is a material we can easily put our hands on as cooking rubbish?

EDIT: Bonus related question
Like two slots, TN 15 for simple clothing. 3 and TN 20 for gloves. Yes, rabbit pelts are easy to come by. Tanning in this situation is harder but doable.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu May 28, 2020 2:53 am

ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Thu May 28, 2020 5:00 am

Is it possible for those of us who discovered the mutated dhole to report that finding to the Kami without need of a thread (since I assume they're kind of the de facto leaders of the expedition)?
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Thu May 28, 2020 5:27 am

Imperial | Former Isawa | Bushi | Artisan | Skeletal
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: What Is Expected | Description

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Thu May 28, 2020 1:07 pm

Spider Clan * "Scout" * Unloved By Her Ancestors

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Thu May 28, 2020 1:13 pm

Are the Clan discounts on Advantages a thing yet or is it too early in the setting for them to be such strong trends already? :D
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Jin

Post by Jin » Thu May 28, 2020 1:39 pm

Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Thu May 28, 2020 2:05 pm

Not sure I understand how to spend XP. Thread in private forum to suggest changes? Do we use the updated values for our skills from Day 7 onward or from Day 9 onward?
Imperial | Former Isawa | Bushi | Artisan | Skeletal
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: What Is Expected | Description

Canary

Post by Canary » Thu May 28, 2020 2:12 pm

Togashi Saruko wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 1:13 pm
Are the Clan discounts on Advantages a thing yet or is it too early in the setting for them to be such strong trends already? :D
Sure, use 'em.
Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 2:05 pm
Not sure I understand how to spend XP. Thread in private forum to suggest changes? Do we use the updated values for our skills from Day 7 onward or from Day 9 onward?
Thred or just reply to your character sheet with requested changes. Use the updated values from Day 9 on.

Reo

Post by Reo » Fri May 29, 2020 2:42 am

Reo would like to formally join Spider with the approval of Reiko. Can you switch me over?
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade, 3 uses of jade dust

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Fri May 29, 2020 2:49 am

Reo wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 2:42 am
Reo would like to formally join Spider with the approval of Reiko. Can you switch me over?
Should be good to go
I am the GM that posts while you're at work, I am the plot line that freezes before day change, I am... The Underbirb!

Reo

Post by Reo » Fri May 29, 2020 2:54 am

Thank you kindly!

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 29, 2020 3:32 am

Does Seven Fortunes' Blessing: Benten apply when using Courtier, Etiquette, and Sincerity when speaking with Rat-Rats?

Asking because I'm unsure if Rat-Rats care about Romantic Love blessings xD

Theme 2Profile

Canary

Post by Canary » Fri May 29, 2020 4:24 am

Togashi Saruko wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 3:32 am
Does Seven Fortunes' Blessing: Benten apply when using Courtier, Etiquette, and Sincerity when speaking with Rat-Rats?

Asking because I'm unsure if Rat-Rats care about Romantic Love blessings xD
Yes. Rats definitely care about affection, so she has influence here.

Ko

Post by Ko » Fri May 29, 2020 5:24 am

Ko wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:32 am
A scene-setting fluff question!

Is the rescue expedition pretty much made up of just the PCs and named NPCs? Or are there also some number of minor/background NPCs of whom we should be aware?
I think this got missed in the shuffle of actual event questions, but I'm still rather curious about it. :)
Shore People ✖ 'Bushi? That sounds right' ✖ Stone-tool-user ✖ Awkward ✖ On A Quest
Status: 1.0 ✖ Glory: 1.0 ✖ Reputation: Bad, real bad ✖ Character description

Wears: Simple clothing, pearl and coral jewelry, copper coin bracelet; light armor when expecting danger.
Carries: Walking staff or yumi (or both); knives; jade, pack with misc fishing & survival tools and small daily items. Warclub (tetsubo) when needed.

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Fri May 29, 2020 5:27 am

Ko wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 5:24 am
Ko wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:32 am
A scene-setting fluff question!

Is the rescue expedition pretty much made up of just the PCs and named NPCs? Or are there also some number of minor/background NPCs of whom we should be aware?
I think this got missed in the shuffle of actual event questions, but I'm still rather curious about it. :)
There are very few background NPCs, probably ten at most. The grand majority of the expedition is composed of PCs and the listed NPCs.
I am the GM that posts while you're at work, I am the plot line that freezes before day change, I am... The Underbirb!

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 29, 2020 6:11 am

Theme 2Profile

Return to “Out of Character Chat”