What is Jigoku event

Miyako

Re: What is Jigoku event

Post by Miyako » Tue May 19, 2020 9:23 pm

Mmmm, this definitely looks like a "not it" for this one. :?
Chinsei Tribe * Hunter (Bushi) * Herbalist * Storyteller * Singer * Pleasant-Voiced * Sharp-Eyed? * Talkative! * Night Child
Status: 0.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: Normal / What is Expected

Speaking * Signing
Equipment: Light armor, sturdy clothing, wide-brimmed straw hat, straw cloak, yari, yumi, quiver, water and rations, traveling pack
Profile!

Wu

Post by Wu » Tue May 19, 2020 9:27 pm

I am interested and could do the battle roll
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Tue May 19, 2020 9:31 pm

Doji Kaze wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:15 pm
You're keeping 5 across all of the rolls? I think the expedition has a vested interest in you participating.
Haha, no no. Only when spending void, and only the Int based ones. But given how the event works, it's only each person's best skill that's important, as per Birb's post here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=278#p1741
Seppun * Former Isawa * Shugenja * Philosopher * Husbando
Carries: Scroll case, scrolls. Jade.

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Tue May 19, 2020 9:31 pm

I am extremely interested, and very much want to be part of this event. It fits Reikos stats and very much fits her backstory for this mission
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Tue May 19, 2020 9:37 pm

So folks who have said they are very interested so far:

Reiko
Kyosei
Jin
Wu
Nanzi
Koyama
Chisei
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil
Bodyguard for Seidou Haruyo

Noriaki no Yamadono

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Tue May 19, 2020 9:41 pm

I'm interested, but not ideal.

I can 6k3 Investigation and 4k3 Battle, but it sounds like there are better options.
Spider Clan | Bushi | Large AF | Blessed by Bishamon and Earth
Carries: Bronze Tetsubo | Fur lined hat and cloak | Bronze Sword | Travelling Pack | Shakuhachi
Accompanied by: Matsu

Shinjo Koyama

Post by Shinjo Koyama » Tue May 19, 2020 10:04 pm

I'd really like to, my personal reason to be there is because wife is there and a bit of ruffling inlaws' feathers via Hikaru stubborness and thick accent is one of the strongest drives for me to play, but I realise it's a self-serving argument because these kinds of dibs may come up all too often. If I am not in I can explain it without too much pain. If you want output, however, I think my dice-pool is quite solid though.
Once known as Kozan of the Hikaru

Ki-Rin Clan ʭ Highlander ʭ Dragonborn ʭ Froward ʭ Frank ʭ Fierce ʭ Focused
Status: Shinjo's Guidman Glory: Bairn of the Earth Repute: 'Freedom!'

hatchet, spear, studded club, leather-and-bone armour, bear hide cloak
beer skin, dice, xun, cowrie shell strings

Xiao Bao, the sarcastic raccoon dog

Jin

Post by Jin » Tue May 19, 2020 10:09 pm

In character Jin isn't confident enough yet to play the Daimyo card and could pretty easily be shut out so if I need to bow out I will. But this is definitely something he wants to be part of and his dice pool is solid.
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Shinjo Koyama

Post by Shinjo Koyama » Tue May 19, 2020 10:11 pm

To make the field fairer I believe one person per Clan or faction could be a nice guideline? Jin and I can sort out who goes this time, maybe?
Once known as Kozan of the Hikaru

Ki-Rin Clan ʭ Highlander ʭ Dragonborn ʭ Froward ʭ Frank ʭ Fierce ʭ Focused
Status: Shinjo's Guidman Glory: Bairn of the Earth Repute: 'Freedom!'

hatchet, spear, studded club, leather-and-bone armour, bear hide cloak
beer skin, dice, xun, cowrie shell strings

Xiao Bao, the sarcastic raccoon dog

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Tue May 19, 2020 10:17 pm

I'm absolutely *pants* at this.

I'll sit this out gladly.
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.
Profile :: Themes

Wu

Post by Wu » Tue May 19, 2020 10:28 pm

One per clan is a neat idea
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Ishiza

Post by Ishiza » Tue May 19, 2020 10:31 pm

Assuming Ishiza gets approved in time, he's got an 8k5 for Investigation/Per, can brute-force a battle roll at 5k5, and has 4k3 for all Lore skills.
Chinsei Cast Out * Perceptive * Clarity * Watchful * Well-versed * Outspoken

Noriaki no Yamadono

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Tue May 19, 2020 10:34 pm

One person per clan sounds good. I'll bow out
Spider Clan | Bushi | Large AF | Blessed by Bishamon and Earth
Carries: Bronze Tetsubo | Fur lined hat and cloak | Bronze Sword | Travelling Pack | Shakuhachi
Accompanied by: Matsu

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Tue May 19, 2020 10:36 pm

I'm not interested, but I think... First 4 people in are in is probably the way to go. Self-regulating and all is nice... but people should feel free to go in on things they'd want to go in on. GMs can establish clan limits/event etiquette if they feel it necessary... but if something jives with you, then jump in.
Ratling | Never Lost | Disturbing Countenance | Painful Bite | Fearless | Favorite Pup
Niche: 4.5 | Chieftain Class
Description
Possessions: Spiked Big Stick (Tetsubo), Yumi, Sturdy Clothes, Light Armor, Traveling Pack

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Tue May 19, 2020 10:48 pm

Ch’chit T’kkiri wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:36 pm
I'm not interested, but I think... First 4 people in are in is probably the way to go. Self-regulating and all is nice... but people should feel free to go in on things they'd want to go in on. GMs can establish clan limits/event etiquette if they feel it necessary... but if something jives with you, then jump in.
This ^^

It's all well and good to try and do the 'ideal' setup, but people also need to feel like they can go for stuff without being shamed and shunned.
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.

Jin

Post by Jin » Tue May 19, 2020 10:52 pm

Nothing here is ironbound. The events rules are the only rules. But the reason threads like this pop up is because the 'free for all' method has led to a lot of strained feelings in the past even if it is valid and by the rules.

Plus organizing helps people from falling into time zone issues where they miss out on events that would have been important to them.
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Yoshitsune Nori

Post by Yoshitsune Nori » Tue May 19, 2020 10:56 pm

I'm interested, have Intelligence 4, Mental Quickness, and Lore: Shadowlands and Spellcraft (albeit at rank 1). I would roll 8k7, or 9k8 with a void point.

That said it's not all about stats. I mean, someone gets to make a TN5 roll, after all.
Last edited by Yoshitsune Nori on Tue May 19, 2020 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crab Clan • Shugenja • Fire • Caravan Guard • Cook • Medicine Man
Status 1.0 • Glory 2.0 • Reputation: As Expected
carries: scroll satchel, cook pot, yarrow sticks, tetsubo, flute

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Tue May 19, 2020 10:56 pm

Which is all well and good, but it is also important not to shame and blame players who are playing the game as written.

When there are limited events, there is no perfect solution, and committee rule could leave someone out of an event that is important to them too. I think player organization is fine, so long as players don't get angry or mean to people who don't join in on that.

That's all.

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Tue May 19, 2020 11:12 pm

I don't agree at all actually. If people have a valid story reason to go for something, they have a right to say they should be in an event. Obviously all events are first come first serve, but I don't see a reason for people not saying 'I really want in this and have a good reason to be in'. It feels like people are attempting to shame players for saying they have a want/reason to be in, which is also not ok.
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Tue May 19, 2020 11:19 pm

Not at all, if people say 'hey I'd really like to go to X event' I think that's great. It can help people make up their minds, but if someone else joins the event, I don't think we should pile in on them as if they are a bad person, is all I'm saying.

Like this event - if people said 'hey I really think I belong here' then I can look at that and see Ryoko doesn't have a story reason to go, and wait for them to post first, for instance, but what if there are four slots, and six players who think 'this really matters to my character'.

If one of them joins without 'approval' from the planning thread, I don't want them to feel like they've done something wrong is all.

Return to “Out of Character Chat”