The smell of knowledge (LA, D7)

Ongaku no Ryoko

Re: The smell of knowledge (LA, D7)

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Fri May 29, 2020 12:22 pm

"I..."

She'd thought she needed to hide, and now simply felt a certain degree of embarrassment.

"I have to. I'm part of this mission. Maybe there might be some who can still be saved."

A deep bow, in the manner she had seen these clan people do, and she said, quietly, "I don't know about the past, but my elders escaped from Nezumi. I thought maybe I might find others here... that I could barter for their freedom. It sounds as though I'm too late."
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.
Profile :: Themes

Canary

Post by Canary » Fri May 29, 2020 1:56 pm

Ongaku no Ryoko wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 12:22 pm
"I..."

She'd thought she needed to hide, and now simply felt a certain degree of embarrassment.

"I have to. I'm part of this mission. Maybe there might be some who can still be saved."

A deep bow, in the manner she had seen these clan people do, and she said, quietly, "I don't know about the past, but my elders escaped from Nezumi. I thought maybe I might find others here... that I could barter for their freedom. It sounds as though I'm too late."
She sighed and shook her head. "Humans foolish. Go south, try to save. Save self. Preserve tribe. If here, not-not opposed. But they go south or north."

The Nezumi reached out and put a hand on her arm gently. "If they go south, they are called. Already gone-gone."
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Fri May 29, 2020 10:29 pm

"Then none remain?"

Her expression was sad, almost horrified.

What had become of her mother's people?
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.

Canary

Post by Canary » Sat May 30, 2020 2:24 am

Ongaku no Ryoko wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 10:29 pm
"Then none remain?"

Her expression was sad, almost horrified.

What had become of her mother's people?
She nodded. "In long Yesterday, Ogres big-big enemies of dream-of-evil. Defeated dream-of-evil. Maybe want revenge."

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sat May 30, 2020 2:32 am

"I can't believe..."

A soft sigh.

"In this entire city there are no ogres? No Trolls? The old races are all gone?"

Canary

Post by Canary » Sat May 30, 2020 2:36 am

Ongaku no Ryoko wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 2:32 am
"I can't believe..."

A soft sigh.

"In this entire city there are no ogres? No Trolls? The old races are all gone?"
"Not seen-seen any recently. Maybe search. Me spend all-all time in library. Troll, ogres, goblins, no smell-smell sticks. Can't help. So might be elsewhere."

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sat May 30, 2020 3:24 am

"I see... thank you."

She patted the paw on her arm, and then stepped away.

"I suppose I'll do just that."

Glancing between the other women there, she figured if they had questions of their own, they could ask, and otherwise she would need to move on, if she was going to continue her search.

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Sat May 30, 2020 9:16 am

It was all boring to Umeno. She'd barely understood half of it, and the parts she had seemed irrelevant to her at least. Still, the ogre seemed to appreciate the information she'd gotten, so Umeno gave her a slap on the back. "See? All y' had to do was ask. Told you so."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Former Kawagaya | Stand-Oafish | Blessed
Carries: Armor, Dai Tsuchi, Tetsubo, Tanto, Hat and Cloak, Pack

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sat May 30, 2020 9:56 am

"Yes... I guess the times really are changing."

Ryoko shrugged.

"Well, was there anything else you wanted here?"

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Sun May 31, 2020 1:36 am

Reiko had been listening idly to the conversation while looking around at the sticks, a curious expression on her face still.

Once the ogre-girl and her small human friend had finished speaking with the rat, she moved in their direction, bowing to each one.

"Good afternoon mina-sama. I hope you are all well?"

She looked to the librarian rat.

"Forgive me for my interruption. I am Reiko, a scholar and prophet. This collection of knowledge is quite incredible, I must compliment you on the work here. However, I was curious. Is there a way perhaps of a human being able to view the materials in these devices?"
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Canary

Post by Canary » Sun May 31, 2020 2:05 am

Reiko wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 1:36 am
Reiko had been listening idly to the conversation while looking around at the sticks, a curious expression on her face still.

Once the ogre-girl and her small human friend had finished speaking with the rat, she moved in their direction, bowing to each one.

"Good afternoon mina-sama. I hope you are all well?"

She looked to the librarian rat.

"Forgive me for my interruption. I am Reiko, a scholar and prophet. This collection of knowledge is quite incredible, I must compliment you on the work here. However, I was curious. Is there a way perhaps of a human being able to view the materials in these devices?"
The ratling shook her head. "Not in way meant. Humans nose-blind. Can try tell, but not... same good. Human get strong only from more knowings. Not get... other strong."

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sun May 31, 2020 2:59 am

Ryoko didn't know what a -sama was, her brow furrowing.

But the question was interesting, so she loitered behind Reiko, a pale shadow, curious about the answer.

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Sun May 31, 2020 3:22 am

Canary wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 2:05 am
The ratling shook her head. "Not in way meant. Humans nose-blind. Can try tell, but not... same good. Human get strong only from more knowings. Not get... other strong."
Reiko nodded at that, understanding.

"Interesting. Were these created through magical means, or via another Nezumi technique? I am able to commune with the elements. Perhaps by speaking with the elements within the devices, one could learn what they hold? Although I understand our magics are very different."
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Canary

Post by Canary » Sun May 31, 2020 3:39 am

Reiko wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 3:22 am
Reiko nodded at that, understanding.

"Interesting. Were these created through magical means, or via another Nezumi technique? I am able to commune with the elements. Perhaps by speaking with the elements within the devices, one could learn what they hold? Although I understand our magics are very different."
"Create with teeth0mark, Nezumi scent-smell. No magic, but memory-dream make those-who-smell stronger," she tried to explain. "Five Races, humans tied to element. Nezumi tied to dream. No talk element-spirit. Maybe they no know what in stick. Shaman magic... ' ' ' ... shaman magic poke Name. Nature of all thing."

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sun May 31, 2020 3:55 am

Ryoko's expression turned blank as they began to discuss magic.

Yes, that was... no longer within her knowledge. At all.

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Sun May 31, 2020 7:07 am

Kyosei had wandered closer as Reiko spoke, and he listened carefully to what was being said. He tried to change his method of thinking to follow along - it wasn't easy.
Kyosei of the Isawa Tribe
Shugenja • Earth • Experienced • Jade

Glory 2 • Reputation 4 • Status 1
Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.
When out in the area outside the camps, Axe, shovel, bo staff.

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Sun May 31, 2020 11:06 am

This place was weird. Rat people were weird. Magic talk was weird.

"Why sticks?"

Canary

Post by Canary » Sun May 31, 2020 11:37 am

Bayushi Umeno wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 11:06 am
This place was weird. Rat people were weird. Magic talk was weird.

"Why sticks?"
She glanced over and shrugged. "Why marks on paper?"

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Sun May 31, 2020 12:39 pm

Umeno grunted. "Fair."

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:54 am

Canary wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 3:39 am
"Create with teeth0mark, Nezumi scent-smell. No magic, but memory-dream make those-who-smell stronger," she tried to explain. "Five Races, humans tied to element. Nezumi tied to dream. No talk element-spirit. Maybe they no know what in stick. Shaman magic... ' ' ' ... shaman magic poke Name. Nature of all thing."
"So they're not magical, just using your more enhanced senses to create memories that are sealed away...fascinating" Reiko gazed over the sticks (or what she could see of them) with a very curious look on her face "still, a scent that contains a memory, it means the memory exists."

She gazed back at the rat.

"Are you a curious to see if such a thing was possible? It would be a fantastic way for us to share in one-anothers history. As the leader of the Spider clan, or tribe to put it as the Nezumi does, knowledge is something important to me. Perhaps once this mission is through we can discuss a knowledge trade."

Return to “The Library”