The smell of knowledge (LA, D7)

Ongaku no Ryoko

The smell of knowledge (LA, D7)

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Fri May 29, 2020 12:53 am

As she passed from street to library, Ryoko did not ditch her straw hat, keeping as much of herself hidden as possible.

Still, this place was impressive, even if she did not fully understand it. Pausing in the doorway, she hovered, gaze passing around the room, taking in the sticks and the nooks... there was so much here, and all of it locked away behind scents, just as clan knowledge was locked behind symbols and ink.

Hovering near the entrance, she tried to clear her mind, to make sense of what she was seeing.

What were the Nezumi, really? What future was there for either of their peoples, in this age of gods?
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.
Profile :: Themes

Bayushi Umeno

Re: The smell of knowledge (LA, D7)

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Fri May 29, 2020 1:13 am

This was just about the dumbest thing Umeno had ever seen.

She wasn't a fan of libraries as it was, but at least those she could some what understand. Knowing things made some sense, even for simple people like her, but... I mean, it as a building full of sticks for Fortune's sake. Someone had told her something about scent's and stuff, but it all sounded like mumbo jumbo to her.

And of course there would be an ogre here too-- wait, no, that didn't make much sense. She'd heard ogre's were pretty simple, even more so than the rat's. Were they taller too? She kept glancing over, more interested in that quandary than the stupid sticks. Maybe she was here to eat the sticks?
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Former Kawagaya | Stand-Oafish | Blessed
Carries: Armor, Dai Tsuchi, Tetsubo, Tanto, Hat and Cloak, Pack

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Fri May 29, 2020 1:16 am

Realizing she was drawing attention, Ryoko stepped back to a corner, away from the door, hoping that by being out of the way, she wouldn't cause any additional trouble. She was certain the Nezumi would take a closer look at her if they saw other humans taking such an interest...

Though, she was part of the expedition... they couldn't take her... right?
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Fri May 29, 2020 1:22 am

What a strange reaction for an ogre. Didn't they like hitting things? That's what she'd heard from the Crab at least, or something like that. She hadn't heard they hung out with ratmen either.

Deciding looking at sticks any longer than she had would make her certifiably insane, the bushi turned and made straight for Ryoko. "Hey, if you're here to eat the sticks, don't let me stop you. I think they're books though."

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Fri May 29, 2020 1:27 am

Ryoko blinked, and then raised an eyebrow. "Eat them? Why on earth would I do that?"

For an ogre, she had a very human voice and face.

"I was... looking. Wondering how far back they could tell..."

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Fri May 29, 2020 1:31 am

Umeno grunted a bit, a look of frowning uncertainty touching her face. "Fortune's if I know. I mean, I don't know why anyone would be here in the first place. Maybe the sticks taste good?"

Her arms folded under her chest, and she finally nodded. "No, you're right. Someone said this was some sort of library. That mean you can smell 'em like the rats can?"

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Fri May 29, 2020 1:38 am

"I can't... I thought maybe I could ask... but... I am not sure."

She sighed. "I'm not sure I'm supposed to be here. Nezumi and my ancestors don't... it isn't good history."

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Fri May 29, 2020 1:47 am

For all her wonderment and bias, it seemed Umeno wasn't uncomfortable or wary at all. Indeed, she just grunted at the thoughtful statement, waving a hand dismissively. "Eh, if they didn't want you here, they'd've said something when you arrived, I'm sure. No use fretting over it, really. If you want to be here and no one's told you otherwise, then just be here."

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Fri May 29, 2020 1:59 am

Glancing at the woman, Ryoko nodded, faintly, and then finally decided to take her at her word, stepping forward uncertainly, looking around for a rat who looked... scholarly.

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Fri May 29, 2020 3:46 am

There was a small tapping from what sounded like a staff, as a scholarly looking woman entered the library. She paused, a curious expression on her face, as she looked around, quietly saying "fascinating" as she did so.

Although her vision was awful, even she could see what this was. She hadn't noticed the other two, although they might recognize someone as famous as her.
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Fri May 29, 2020 7:40 am

Ryoko didn't know who she was, but she carried herself like she was important, and maybe if she was talking to the Nezumi, it would protect Ryoko from trouble when she asked her question...

Trailing quietly toward Reiko, she didn't exactly come close enough to be rude, but loitered at the edge of polite distance.

Canary

Post by Canary » Fri May 29, 2020 8:10 am

A smaller white-furred rat with large red eyes soon approaches. They're dressed in a colorful wrap around their torso with a pleated kilt and a a few piercings adorning their ears. They looked between the tall horned girl and Reiko, eyeing Ryoko suspiciously for a moment.

"Hello. You need-need things?"
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Fri May 29, 2020 8:15 am

Nodding to the other woman, whom she didn't recognize, Umeno kept close Ryoko. The ogre could speak for herself on this matter. She wasn't particularly interested, but anything beat staring at sticks.

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Fri May 29, 2020 10:21 am

Another approached the library. He came in, looked around, and frowned.

Still, they weren't human. Maybe it was some sort of test? He continued to look around, curious what he could find.
Kyosei of the Isawa Tribe
Shugenja • Earth • Experienced • Jade

Glory 2 • Reputation 4 • Status 1
Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.
When out in the area outside the camps, Axe, shovel, bo staff.

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Fri May 29, 2020 11:20 am

"I... I umm wondered if you had... information about the ogres."

She added, cautiously, "What they were like before... you know..."

Canary

Post by Canary » Fri May 29, 2020 11:26 am

Ongaku no Ryoko wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 11:20 am
"I... I umm wondered if you had... information about the ogres."

She added, cautiously, "What they were like before... you know..."
They nodded. "Ogres around for long-long time, so much-much knowings. What question?"

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Fri May 29, 2020 11:35 am

"I guess... I haven't seen any around. I thought there would be some..."

She looked awkward.

"Were there ogre sorcerers?"

Canary

Post by Canary » Fri May 29, 2020 11:54 am

Ongaku no Ryoko wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 11:35 am
"I guess... I haven't seen any around. I thought there would be some..."

She looked awkward.

"Were there ogre sorcerers?"
The rat's expression closed. "Like goblins, taken by the dream-of-evil."

"Mm... maybe free ogres. Or before rebellion. None among those with us."

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Fri May 29, 2020 11:57 am

"... rebellion?"

She looked surprised. "Are they not here any longer? Did some leave? Where did they go?"

Her sudden eagerness caused her to lean forward, and the hat to tip, falling from her head, hiding her horns no longer.

Canary

Post by Canary » Fri May 29, 2020 12:05 pm

Ongaku no Ryoko wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 11:57 am
"... rebellion?"

She looked surprised. "Are they not here any longer? Did some leave? Where did they go?"

Her sudden eagerness caused her to lean forward, and the hat to tip, falling from her head, hiding her horns no longer.
"Our rebellion. Ogres held Nezumi, like large-snakes-of-death. Then Nezumi rebel, hold ogres." She held a paw up, then turned it over.

"Some escape. We no know. Form own tribes, maybe. Those taken by dream-of-evil go south. Don't follow those, little ogre."

Return to “The Library”