[Day 7, Late Morning] Study Hall (Open)

Jiyo Sora

[Day 7, Late Morning] Study Hall (Open)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu May 28, 2020 4:25 pm

Sora was pretty sure the Nezumi library wouldn't be of much use to him on his own, but he still loved the idea of it.

A whole building, devoted to storing knowledge.

He reached out to touch the wall, and smiled.

Then he looked around for a Nezumi attendant, so he could ask his question.
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Inga

Re: [Day 7, Late Morning] Study Hall (Open)

Post by Inga » Fri May 29, 2020 12:25 am

They had met earlier in the morning. This place might be the precise location to find more information on what she needs to know about this divination. Sadly, Inga didn't know how to read or write. Hopefully someone would answer her question. "Hello again."
♧Shoji tribe ♧Bushi ♧Unlucky ♧Daredevil ♧Superstitious ♧Fortune Teller ♧Haunted ♧ Very Unfortunate
♧Glory: 1 ♧Reputation: Untrustworthy ♧Status:1

Equipment: Bow, quiver, Light armor, Finger of Jade, Tanto,

Ko

Post by Ko » Fri May 29, 2020 2:23 am

Ko had never seen nor, in all honesty, really even heard of a library. Nevertheless when people said the Nezumi had a great hall in which they stored all of their knowledge, and anyone could come and see it (well, any rat-rat, at least), she was seized with an intense longing to know what this looked like.

What it looked like was... shelves full of sticks? This was incomprehensible to Ko, but then, she'd never expected the Nezumi knowledge to be easily accessible to an outsider like her. She glanced at the other humans, who might perhaps know more--in between peering at the nearest sticks themselves.

Are those... magic wands? Or maybe they use them to play music, when they sing the lore songs? All she could detect about them was a distinctly ratty odor, but that was pretty much true of the whole rat-city.

Shore People ✖ 'Bushi? That sounds right' ✖ Stone-tool-user ✖ Awkward ✖ On A Quest
Status: 1.0 ✖ Glory: 1.0 ✖ Reputation: Bad, real bad ✖ Character description

Wears: Simple clothing, pearl and coral jewelry, copper coin bracelet; light armor when expecting danger.
Carries: Walking staff or yumi (or both); knives; jade, pack with misc fishing & survival tools and small daily items. Warclub (tetsubo) when needed.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 29, 2020 3:09 am

"Hello, Inga."

He likewise nodded at Ko.

"Impressive, isn't it?"
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Canary

Post by Canary » Fri May 29, 2020 3:22 am

A smaller white-furred rat with large red eyes soon approaches, more confidently than they had the other group this morning. They're dressed in a colorful wrap around their torso with a pleated kilt and a a few piercings adorning their ears.

"Humans need-need knowing from memory-sticks?"
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Ko

Post by Ko » Fri May 29, 2020 3:27 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 3:09 am
"Hello, Inga."

He likewise nodded at Ko.

"Impressive, isn't it?"
"Yes," Ko agreed fervently.

She made her greeting gesture to the rat-elder, palm spread over her heart. "Um. I greet you, grand-uncle. I just wanted to see what all this knowing... what it looks like all together. It's very, um, very interesting. But maybe these two...?" She glanced at Inga and Sora uncertainly.
Shore People ✖ 'Bushi? That sounds right' ✖ Stone-tool-user ✖ Awkward ✖ On A Quest

Wears: Simple clothing, pearl and coral jewelry, copper coin bracelet; light armor when expecting danger.
Carries: Walking staff or yumi (or both); knives; jade, pack with misc fishing & survival tools and small daily items. Warclub (tetsubo) when needed.

Inga

Post by Inga » Fri May 29, 2020 3:40 am

"I just want to know about names and their importance." Inga nodded to the rat trying to not show her surprise of the appearance of the rodent. "I thought that this place looked important and wondered."
♧Shoji tribe ♧Bushi ♧Unlucky ♧Daredevil ♧Superstitious ♧Fortune Teller ♧Haunted ♧ Very Unfortunate

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 29, 2020 3:40 am

Canary wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 3:22 am
A smaller white-furred rat with large red eyes soon approaches, more confidently than they had the other group this morning. They're dressed in a colorful wrap around their torso with a pleated kilt and a a few piercings adorning their ears.

"Humans need-need knowing from memory-sticks?"
Sora nodded to the Nezumi.

"Thank you for your time- I am looking for old memories- very old ones. I was wondering if you had any sticks you could translate- or Rememberers... who could tell me about the Five Ancient Races?"

Canary

Post by Canary » Fri May 29, 2020 3:46 am

The ratling gives a confused look, "Don't know human word 'granduncle'."

"Oh, yes... The Five. Me Knowledge-of-Many. The Five is..." They made a circular encompassing motion. "... special place of knowing. No good with human words, but try. Ask."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 29, 2020 3:51 am

Canary wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 3:46 am
"Oh, yes... The Five. Me Knowledge-of-Many. The Five is..." They made a circular encompassing motion. "... special place of knowing. No good with human words, but try. Ask."
"I found a stone, which showed me a vision of... I believe Ch'chit T'kkiri called it Pain-is-Present. Talked about a war. A war that happens in cycles. Said the Five fought the war. Do you know how?"

Ko

Post by Ko » Fri May 29, 2020 3:54 am

"Oh, sorry. It means um." Ko struggled to gloss a word that was, to her, so basic to social interaction that she'd never had to explain it before. "In my village, it means a male from an older generation. Kin-but-not-close, so... someone you respect and listen to."

"Five... races? What's that?" The question was directed as much at Sora as at the rat-rat.

Canary

Post by Canary » Fri May 29, 2020 3:59 am

"Oh no. Knowledge-of-Many is adult female. It okay, humans not easy to tell either."

The rat tapped their chin. "Much pain-is-present in big-big fight. Nezumi avoid big-big fight for that. Rock fall make not-being-avoided." They said with a shake of their head. "Old-old stories suggest five in big-big fight, but hard to find knowing. The Five live, but hard to find also. Ogres also fight big-big fight. Five sooner than ogres, but ogres near, so we know more."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 29, 2020 4:03 am

"Ogres..."

Well. They were big, strong bastards.

"... were the ogres always like they are now?"

Canary

Post by Canary » Fri May 29, 2020 4:17 am

"No ogres once strong big-big tribe. Like Nezumi before heavenfall," they explained. "Some before, some after time of large snakes of death. Big-big fight with thing like yesterday owner of south humans. Corrupt thing, stories resemble now, but less land and spread. Many minions... how they come here is not-knowing."

Ko

Post by Ko » Fri May 29, 2020 4:20 am

"Sorry, I--" Ko shook her head. "This sounds like it is important. What is this Pain-Present? Are the five races... ogres, then?"

Canary

Post by Canary » Fri May 29, 2020 4:31 am

"Sorry, answered other first. Five races are... Five races. Each things has race. Water has fish-of-coral-palace. Air has clever-black-bird. Earth has copper-diggers. Fire has trolls. Not know what red-lion-heads are, but last race."

Inga

Post by Inga » Fri May 29, 2020 4:37 am

Inga listened careful at the interesting stories the rattling had to say. She waited for it to conclude so she would ask her question again.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 29, 2020 4:39 am

"So it's worse this time... because of Heavenfall?"

Canary

Post by Canary » Fri May 29, 2020 4:41 am

Inga wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 3:40 am
"I just want to know about names and their importance." Inga nodded to the rat trying to not show her surprise of the appearance of the rodent. "I thought that this place looked important and wondered."
"Names... thing of many things. Hard to explain in human words. Name encompass..." they made an enclosing gesture again. "Everything of something. All of it."
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 4:39 am
"So it's worse this time... because of Heavenfall?"
They nodded hard. "Yes, much worse. Much-much worse."

Ko

Post by Ko » Fri May 29, 2020 4:50 am

"Oh! The coral palace people." Ko nodded as if this, at last, made complete sense to her. "I wish I knew that before. I could have asked them about the Pain-Present thing if I knew.... well, if I knew it existed."

Return to “The Library”