[Day 7, Late Morning] Study Hall (Open)

Inga

Re: [Day 7, Late Morning] Study Hall (Open)

Post by Inga » Fri May 29, 2020 4:51 am

"Maybe that is what the Lion heads represent the naming the everything, the all." She thought outloud. "So the Heavenfall affected these creatures?"
♧Shoji tribe ♧Bushi ♧Unlucky ♧Daredevil ♧Superstitious ♧Fortune Teller ♧Haunted ♧ Very Unfortunate
♧Glory: 1 ♧Reputation: Untrustworthy ♧Status:1

Equipment: Bow, quiver, Light armor, Finger of Jade, Tanto,

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 29, 2020 4:51 am

Sora turned his eye to the shore-dweller.

"Your tribe knows of these Coral-Palace people?"
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Ko

Post by Ko » Fri May 29, 2020 5:08 am

"Oh, well... yes. Of course. Pearl roundhouse names them cousins." Ko bit her lip for a moment, lifting a hand to brush the golden-hued pearl hanging on a string round her neck with her fingertips. Then, when it occurred to her that a little more elaboration on this point might be useful, she added, "That's my house. We're Starfish moiety. And I," she made the spread-hand-to-heart greeting gesture again, "name myself Ko."
Shore People ✖ 'Bushi? That sounds right' ✖ Stone-tool-user ✖ Awkward ✖ On A Quest
Status: 1.0 ✖ Glory: 1.0 ✖ Reputation: Bad, real bad ✖ Character description

Wears: Simple clothing, pearl and coral jewelry, copper coin bracelet; light armor when expecting danger.
Carries: Walking staff or yumi (or both); knives; jade, pack with misc fishing & survival tools and small daily items. Warclub (tetsubo) when needed.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 29, 2020 5:13 am

Some sort of clan and moeity structure...

His travels with Shiba had helped Sora come to grips with the idea.

These people were clearly more structured than the Hikaru.

"Well, Ko, I am Jiyo Sora, formerly of the Hikaru tribe, and there's no coral in the Spine of the World. Would your... roundhouse be open to speaking to their cousins on behalf of the Empire if we get out of this alive?"

He turned to the Nezumi and bobbed his head at her.

"I cannot speak for the Empire as a whole, but I can promise that I will ask the Emperor to help your people if we can- and if the help is desired."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Ko

Post by Ko » Fri May 29, 2020 5:20 am

"Yes. My cousins sent me to ask a boon from this Empire in their time of danger. They don't talk with human kind very often, but if your Kami can help them..." Ko eyed Sora more closely. "Who are you to make promises about the Emperor? Are you his friend? Or his leman?" There seemed to be a lot of those around, after all.
Shore People ✖ 'Bushi? That sounds right' ✖ Stone-tool-user ✖ Awkward ✖ On A Quest

Wears: Simple clothing, pearl and coral jewelry, copper coin bracelet; light armor when expecting danger.
Carries: Walking staff or yumi (or both); knives; jade, pack with misc fishing & survival tools and small daily items. Warclub (tetsubo) when needed.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 29, 2020 5:23 am

"I guard and care for his children. I also bring him word from those who know to contact me to express their concerns. And... I like to think I'm his friend as well."

Sora's smile was a bit softer than his usual hard grin.

Canary

Post by Canary » Fri May 29, 2020 5:26 am

Inga wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 4:51 am
"Maybe that is what the Lion heads represent the naming the everything, the all." She thought outloud. "So the Heavenfall affected these creatures?"
The ratling shook her head. "No. They have different big-big fight. Their own. Before our big-big tribe. More than 500 season-cycles. Me think... a thousand, maybe?"
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 29, 2020 5:34 am

"They won?"

Canary

Post by Canary » Fri May 29, 2020 6:01 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 5:34 am
"They won?"
"Ogres win. Five races... had... pain-is-present. Close brush with big-big trouble."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 29, 2020 6:09 am

Canary wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 6:01 am
"Ogres win. Five races... had... pain-is-present. Close brush with big-big trouble."
"So the Five.... allied with the ogres?"

Canary

Post by Canary » Fri May 29, 2020 6:11 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 6:09 am
"So the Five.... allied with the ogres?"
They shook their head. "Not. Just both fight smelly evil. Different times. Yesterday is long... maybe more before. Now our turn. We fight and you fight."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 29, 2020 6:13 am

Canary wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 6:11 am
They shook their head. "Not. Just both fight smelly evil. Different times. Yesterday is long... maybe more before. Now our turn. We fight and you fight."
"Stronger together, if we can make it work."

Canary

Post by Canary » Fri May 29, 2020 6:30 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 6:13 am
"Stronger together, if we can make it work."
She nodded. "Me think yes. Will see what leader say. What old mate say, too."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 29, 2020 6:36 am

Canary wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 6:30 am
She nodded. "Me think yes. Will see what leader say. What old mate say, too."
"I doubt I've met your old mate- I've only exchanged words with Ch'jak'matt and Ch'chit T'kkiri- but I hope it works out."

Inga

Post by Inga » Fri May 29, 2020 7:06 am

"Does this big smelly evil have a name?" Inga wondered. If names granted power maybe it had a great name or the sort.
♧Shoji tribe ♧Bushi ♧Unlucky ♧Daredevil ♧Superstitious ♧Fortune Teller ♧Haunted ♧ Very Unfortunate
♧Glory: 1 ♧Reputation: Untrustworthy ♧Status:1

Equipment: Bow, quiver, Light armor, Finger of Jade, Tanto,

Canary

Post by Canary » Fri May 29, 2020 7:22 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 6:36 am
"I doubt I've met your old mate- I've only exchanged words with Ch'jak'matt and Ch'chit T'kkiri- but I hope it works out."
She let out a squeaky sound that might have been a laugh. "You met T'kkiri."
Inga wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 7:06 am
"Does this big smelly evil have a name?" Inga wondered. If names granted power maybe it had a great name or the sort.
"Call it I'thich'd'gr - dream-of-evil. Nightmare."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 29, 2020 7:26 am

Canary wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 7:22 am
She let out a squeaky sound that might have been a laugh. "You met T'kkiri."
"I did! He doesn't seem to like us very much, but then again, why would he? I'm glad he has family here "

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Fri May 29, 2020 9:37 am

Ninube wanders in looking at all the.... sticks? Like scrolls you can chew on. She finds it very interesting.
Spider Clan * "Scout" * Unloved By Her Ancestors

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Ko

Post by Ko » Fri May 29, 2020 10:29 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 5:23 am
"I guard and care for his children. I also bring him word from those who know to contact me to express their concerns. And... I like to think I'm his friend as well."

Sora's smile was a bit softer than his usual hard grin.
"Hm." Ko considered this, biting her lip again. "I should learn more of him. My sea-cousins said he's the strongest one. Or... the one with the most power."
Canary wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 7:22 am
Inga wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 7:06 am
"Call it I'thich'd'gr - dream-of-evil. Nightmare."
That was a good name, which was to say it gave Ko a shiver down her spine that seemed to fit the thing so named.

"You know many things, Gr--um, elder person," she said appreciatively. "All these sticks are to help you know more, right? Do you make music with them?"

Canary

Post by Canary » Fri May 29, 2020 11:21 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 7:26 am
"I did! He doesn't seem to like us very much, but then again, why would he? I'm glad he has family here "
She shrugged. "No surprise, with war-captive. Humans took pups, so much-much anger from all. Great hero to save them, then escape back."
Ko wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 10:29 am
That was a good name, which was to say it gave Ko a shiver down her spine that seemed to fit the thing so named.

"You know many things, Gr--um, elder person," she said appreciatively. "All these sticks are to help you know more, right? Do you make music with them?"
She rubbed her head. "Not old, but don't know human season-cycles to say. They do. Read markings, smell... smells. Memory sticks tell stories this way."

Return to “The Library”