[Day 7, Late Morning] Study Hall (Open)

Jiyo Sora

Re: [Day 7, Late Morning] Study Hall (Open)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 29, 2020 4:02 pm

Ko wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 10:29 am
"Hm." Ko considered this, biting her lip again. "I should learn more of him. My sea-cousins said he's the strongest one. Or... the one with the most power."
"If you'd like an introduction, I can probably arrange one when we get back.
Canary wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 11:21 am
She shrugged. "No surprise, with war-captive. Humans took pups, so much-much anger from all. Great hero to save them, then escape back.
"As one who guards the Emperor's... pups... I can see why his Name is so respected. While he can be a great help to us, I'm glad he's home."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Canary

Post by Canary » Fri May 29, 2020 4:25 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 4:02 pm
"As one who guards the Emperor's... pups... I can see why his Name is so respected. While he can be a great help to us, I'm glad he's home."
She nodded in approval. "Good-great thing, to guard pups. Act of great Name. My... respect? Is right word?"
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 29, 2020 4:33 pm

Canary wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 4:25 pm
She nodded in approval. "Good-great thing, to guard pups. Act of great Name. My... respect? Is right word?"
He smiled and bowed his head.

"It works for me. I have similar views on preserving and sharing knowledge, so we're more than even on that score."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Inga

Post by Inga » Fri May 29, 2020 9:46 pm

She waited for Sora to finish to continueher line of questions. "Questions... how can people empower a name? How can one take the name power away?" Inga had so many questions.
♧Shoji tribe ♧Bushi ♧Unlucky ♧Daredevil ♧Superstitious ♧Fortune Teller ♧Haunted ♧ Very Unfortunate
♧Glory: 1 ♧Reputation: Untrustworthy ♧Status:1

Equipment: Bow, quiver, Light armor, Finger of Jade, Tanto,

Canary

Post by Canary » Sat May 30, 2020 2:22 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 4:33 pm

"It works for me. I have similar views on preserving and sharing knowledge, so we're more than even on that score."
She smiled and nodded at that. "Humans gather-gather knowings like this?"
Inga wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 9:46 pm
She waited for Sora to finish to continueher line of questions. "Questions... how can people empower a name? How can one take the name power away?" Inga had so many questions.
"Mm... Preserve people. Get things for people. Make new things. Make friends. Save pups. All-all know Name. Build strong Name," she explained. "Lose name just... same-flipped. Bring enemies to people. Stupid-stupid no-point fight. Get pups killed... no-mean not excuse. Name and people tied."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat May 30, 2020 3:43 am

Canary wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 2:22 am
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 4:33 pm

She smiled and nodded at that. "Humans gather-gather knowings like this?"
"We're starting to. Nothing on this... scale yet, but, I intend to change that, whether I make it back alive or just have to send word."

Inga

Post by Inga » Sat May 30, 2020 3:45 am

"Sounds like a hero." Inga smiled. "Is there any thing without a name?" continued to question.
♧Shoji tribe ♧Bushi ♧Unlucky ♧Daredevil ♧Superstitious ♧Fortune Teller ♧Haunted ♧ Very Unfortunate
♧Glory: 1 ♧Reputation: Untrustworthy ♧Status:1

Equipment: Bow, quiver, Light armor, Finger of Jade, Tanto,

Canary

Post by Canary » Sat May 30, 2020 7:58 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 3:43 am
"We're starting to. Nothing on this... scale yet, but, I intend to change that, whether I make it back alive or just have to send word."
She nodded. "Many knowings in world. Make big-big place. Maybe get plan-builder Nezumi help, to make big-big with no fall."
Inga wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 3:45 am
"Sounds like a hero." Inga smiled. "Is there any thing without a name?" continued to question.
"No. All things have Name," she says. "Name is... all of thing. What thing is. What thing does. What happened to thing. Sometimes short, sometimes long."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat May 30, 2020 4:10 pm

Canary wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 7:58 am
She nodded. "Many knowings in world. Make big-big place. Maybe get plan-builder Nezumi help, to make big-big with no fall."
"If we build it... I'm going to want to transcribe any of these memory sticks you're willing to tell us. We can tell you some of our histories and stories in return."

Canary

Post by Canary » Sat May 30, 2020 4:22 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 4:10 pm
"If we build it... I'm going to want to transcribe any of these memory sticks you're willing to tell us. We can tell you some of our histories and stories in return."
"Yes-yes! Do this. Markings not-not direct. Scent better, but humans nose-blind. Better to have markings than no things. Share much." She sighed. "Hope we talk nice soon. Fight-fight north humans waste."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat May 30, 2020 4:27 pm

Canary wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 4:22 pm
"Yes-yes! Do this. Markings not-not direct. Scent better, but humans nose-blind. Better to have markings than no things. Share much." She sighed. "Hope we talk nice soon. Fight-fight north humans waste."
"Our being here and being made as welcome as we have is a good sign. It's up to us- to humans- to make good on your people's gesture."

Return to “The Library”