These Are Not the Books You're Looking For (D7, EM, Open)

Reo

Re: These Are Not the Books You're Looking For (D7, EM, Open)

Post by Reo » Fri May 29, 2020 8:36 pm

Reo is silent for a long time. The answer he had received had not quite been what he had been looking for.

However, in that silence came word about steel from the other humans. It began to make Reo think, wheels churning in his head.

"If steel is useful, how do you make it? I found arrowheads in the swamp that looked like higher quality metal, so perhaps I can make more like it."

"Second" Reo motions to the finger of jade. "Can this be put into the metal? I remember some trying to grind up stone to make sharp knifes"
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan | Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade, 3 uses of jade dust

Canary

Post by Canary » Sat May 30, 2020 2:03 am

Jin wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 4:30 pm
"I hope we prove that belief wrong. One I care about is determined to save her kin from it before it is too late."
"Fool-fool. They south, already too late," she replied simply. "Too late for you and come back, we kill-kill."
Nanzi wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 6:22 pm
"Are there any Nezumi settlements on the way or have they been abandoned?" he asked.
"Most abandoned. Forward camp at edge of dream-of-evil."
Reo wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 8:36 pm
"If steel is useful, how do you make it? I found arrowheads in the swamp that looked like higher quality metal, so perhaps I can make more like it."

"Second" Reo motions to the finger of jade. "Can this be put into the metal? I remember some trying to grind up stone to make sharp knifes"
"Not area of knowing... Basic is melt iron in hot-hottest metal-oven, not-iron in iron go away, add small-tiny bit of coal."

"Ask metal-hammerer. Maybe make steel weak, but maybe not."
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Reo

Post by Reo » Sat May 30, 2020 2:12 am

Reo nods. "Good idea." He abruptly turns and gathers his things as he prepares to leave.
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan | Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade, 3 uses of jade dust

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat May 30, 2020 4:05 am

Jin frowns deeply, "I know you believe so but pray that you are wrong. If the fallen godling is lost to... pain-is-present... then all of this, the destruction of your kingdom and the damage that has spread, is but the brief spark on tinder before the true raging inferno begins."
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Canary

Post by Canary » Sat May 30, 2020 4:25 am

Jin wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 4:05 am
Jin frowns deeply, "I know you believe so but pray that you are wrong. If the fallen godling is lost to... pain-is-present... then all of this, the destruction of your kingdom and the damage that has spread, is but the brief spark on tinder before the true raging inferno begins."
She nodded, frowning. "You not-not wrong. Dream-of-evil is..." She made a scattering motion with her paws. "Loose. Evil-chief would be much worse."
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Sat May 30, 2020 4:26 am

"He is not lost to us, yet, Reiko-san would know. We will save him," Nanzi said confidently.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Return to “The Library”