[D7 EE] It's a stick collection (Open/Expecting)

Nozomi

[D7 EE] It's a stick collection (Open/Expecting)

Post by Nozomi » Sat May 30, 2020 10:05 pm

Phi was respectful when she came here. She was not, by nature, the most curious of souls, but the idea of a library and the secrets it might contain about certain matters was definitely not lost on her. However, when she finally had a moment, between sorting out the jade that she could get and making sure things were secured after arriving today, she was...

A little surprised to say the least.

She slipped out of the darkened tunnel and when admitted into the library just stood there, staring at all of that and glancing at whoever happened to be nearest to her. "Ok... call me crazy... but are you seeing any scrolls? I just see a whole lot of sticks," she muttered, before looking at one of the nearest ones. "Chewed on sticks."
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Noriaki no Yamadono

Re: [D7 EE] It's a stick collection (Open/Expecting)

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Sun May 31, 2020 1:39 am

"You are not crazy." The large man spoke up as he approached the masked woman. Behind him, Matsu was looking the structure up and down, curious about their current domicile.

"Not that I'm one for reading scrolls. But this is something... else." He was almost wistful, looking about, before his attention was focused on Phi.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sun May 31, 2020 1:56 am

"I can read." With difficulty. It took her probably three times as long as most people to read, and she might have struggled with more difficult words, but she could read. The longer she was among civilized people the better she'd get, but you didn't need it in the mountains nearly as much, not with how she lived her life.

A nod back to he and Matsu and she frowned, noticing that one of the ratlings appeared to be chewing on... no, mawing one of the sticks. Her eyebrows shot up. "...what is he doing to that stick? Do you have any idea?" she grunted, gesturing.
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Canary

Post by Canary » Sun May 31, 2020 2:33 am

A smaller white-furred rat with large red eyes soon approaches the three of them. They're dressed in a colorful wrap around their torso with a pleated kilt and a a few piercings adorning their ears.

"Many-many humans visit today. Looking for things?"
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sun May 31, 2020 2:47 am

Canary wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 2:33 am
A smaller white-furred rat with large red eyes soon approaches the three of them. They're dressed in a colorful wrap around their torso with a pleated kilt and a a few piercings adorning their ears.

"Many-many humans visit today. Looking for things?"
She blinked and looked at the Nezumi for a moment. Ah, someone was speaking to them. "Well, I was told this was a library, but... I see a lot of sticks. Exactly how does this work?" She was legitimately more than a little confused and starting to wonder if somehow this was how they wrote things down, even if it made utterly no sense to her and the look on her face said so when she looked back to the others for confirmation.

Canary

Post by Canary » Sun May 31, 2020 3:01 am

"Great dome of memory-stick," she agreed with a nod. "Holds 500 season-cycles of knowings. Humans nose-blind, though. Can't use. We... tell what say, though not-not so good as smell."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:30 am

"Wait... you record... your history... by smells?" she said, her eyebrows climbing there behind her mask as she looked at all of the pungeant, pheromone laden former foliage everywhere and the nezumi who were sniffing and gnawing on them. Her shock and confusion was blatantly evident and she looked back at Matsu and Yamadono for confirmation.

"How... how would that even... what information do you have here? Anything about what lies to the south?"

Canary

Post by Canary » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:16 am

Phi wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:30 am
"Wait... you record... your history... by smells?" she said, her eyebrows climbing there behind her mask as she looked at all of the pungeant, pheromone laden former foliage everywhere and the nezumi who were sniffing and gnawing on them. Her shock and confusion was blatantly evident and she looked back at Matsu and Yamadono for confirmation.

"How... how would that even... what information do you have here? Anything about what lies to the south?"
"Yes-yes. That and many-many things. Most knowings got something here. Not as big-big as capital, but that now Crater."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:21 am

... Ok then. You or one of them telling the story could be useful. What... could you tell me of the ... oh what did he call it? The "Pain that Lingers?" I think he called it? The thing in the south that ruins the land. That came out when the kami fell out of the sky? Do your sticks have anything about that?

Canary

Post by Canary » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:16 am

"... You mean pain-is-present? Word means... warn-warn. Is like... no go-go there, pain-is-present, yes?" She explained. "Dream-of-evil type of pain-is-present. Yes, we have-have some. New, still-still dig up more knowings."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:39 am

"It's new to all of us. Anything the nezumi know, we could use, since we're apparently crazy enough to go where pain-is-present, aren't we?" she glanced back at the other two for confirmation. Yeah, they were all that stupid apparently.

Noriaki no Yamadono

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:41 am

Matsu and Yamadono both nodded. "Not necessarily crazy. Determined to succeed so we will need all the tools available to us." Yamadono spoke up, looking to the Nezumi. His arms crossed over his chest, his stance attentive and confident.
Spider Clan | Bushi | Large AF | Blessed by Bishamon and Earth
Carries: Bronze Tetsubo | Fur lined hat and cloak | Bronze Sword | Travelling Pack | Shakuhachi
Accompanied by: Matsu

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:52 am

Noriaki no Yamadono wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:41 am
Matsu and Yamadono both nodded. "Not necessarily crazy. Determined to succeed so we will need all the tools available to us." Yamadono spoke up, looking to the Nezumi. His arms crossed over his chest, his stance attentive and confident.
She chuckled and smiled up at the mountain of a man. "Determined might be a little better of a word. They'll only ever call us crazy if we fail, which I certainly don't plan on doing." Her dark humor aside, even after some of the rattling she'd experienced lately, she was not giving into hopelessness that easily.

Noriaki no Yamadono

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:54 am

As she smiled, the Last Noriaki matched it with his iwn grin. The young Matsu looked between the pair, and shook her head, before looking to the ratling herself, wanting to glean as much information as she can.

"Failing is not an option." Yamadono agreed.
Carries: Bronze Tetsubo | Fur lined hat and cloak | Bronze Sword | Travelling Pack | Shakuhachi

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:37 am

"Speaking of that," she said, glancing back at Yamadono. "I know supplies were provided, but I wanted to know how much jade the two of you had been given. Where we're going, I don't like people taking chances they don't need to." And deep down a big piece of this was that she did not like the idea of a child taking those chances, however much barely in the cusp of adulthood she was, and however much she felt otherwise. As for Yamadono?

No child should ever have to lose both their parents, and she was not about to just openly say that.

Noriaki no Yamadono

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:07 pm

"I receieved one piece." Yamadono indicated to the length of leather around his neck that disappeared beneath the tunuc. "And Matsu still has the piece I purchased for her from the Seidou." His attention was wholly focused on the masked woman.

"We should be... okay?" There was nervousness, in dealing with something so unknown.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:49 pm

She shook her head and reached into her clothes, pulling out a pair of pouches. "I had rope. Rope is valuable. Pain in the neck to make. Expensive. Traded it to the nezumi for jade." As she said it, she offered it to him. "I got more pieces than I need, and I do not like the idea of your daughter going where we are going with only one piece. I certainly don't intend to." She included the second statement to assuage any wounded pride the girl might have.

"One more for each of you. We do not play han and cho with this place, yes?" Apparently, some dice games were universal.

Canary

Post by Canary » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:50 pm

Phi wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:52 am
Noriaki no Yamadono wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:41 am
She chuckled and smiled up at the mountain of a man. "Determined might be a little better of a word. They'll only ever call us crazy if we fail, which I certainly don't plan on doing." Her dark humor aside, even after some of the rattling she'd experienced lately, she was not giving into hopelessness that easily.
"Good-good to be confident. Be cautious, too. More-more jade good. Turns black-black over time. Dream-of-evil eats. Pay attention when jade darken, mean you're in dream-of-evil."

Noriaki no Yamadono

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:24 pm

Phi wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:49 pm
She shook her head and reached into her clothes, pulling out a pair of pouches. "I had rope. Rope is valuable. Pain in the neck to make. Expensive. Traded it to the nezumi for jade." As she said it, she offered it to him. "I got more pieces than I need, and I do not like the idea of your daughter going where we are going with only one piece. I certainly don't intend to." She included the second statement to assuage any wounded pride the girl might have.

"One more for each of you. We do not play han and cho with this place, yes?" Apparently, some dice games were universal.
Yamadono took the piece of Jade, as did Matsu. The girl quickly fashioned it to her necklace she had been given before. The mountain of a man looked at the piece, then to Phi. His lips pursed, before nodding.

"No, we do not." His voice was serious, a little warmth. He certainly hadn't expected this. "I know this is an act in the best interest of all, but... thank you for considering Matsu in all this. She... wouldn't have stayed home even if I had commanded it."
Canary wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:50 pm
"Good-good to be confident. Be cautious, too. More-more jade good. Turns black-black over time. Dream-of-evil eats. Pay attention when jade darken, mean you're in dream-of-evil."
"Thank you as well, for your guidance." He nodded, bowing slightly to the librarian.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:34 am

She nodded to the nezumi. "We'll take any info that you have. Everything helps." Well, wrong information didn't, but right now she was taking anything that she could get period. As Yamadono and his daughter took the jade, she nodded, glad that there was no argument from either of them. He was a bit of a stubborn, tough bastard, so it was good to see he was taking this all very sensibly, and her pride was... tempered, which was good.

She leaned in a little. "I was young not long once. We're all immortal when we're her age," she whispered. "I... was not ok with the idea of her not having at least two. I didn't like only having one myself when we came. Especially with what we've seen."

Return to “The Library”