Sticks-R-Us (D7, EE)

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Sticks-R-Us (D7, EE)

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Sat May 30, 2020 2:26 am

Black Moonset walked along the tunnels and caverns to a well-known spot within the market of North-North City. Tk'ich'ich the old tradesrat and Rememberer ran a shop of memory sticks. He had quite a few back in the day... but as things had worsened so too had his number of partners.

Black Moonset knew he was off for a perilous journey in the days ahead... and any stories from the past could greatly improve his chances of survival. He walked inside the shop and walked up to the vacant desk and waited for his scent to draw the old man to the front.

---

(OOC: As per convo with birb. Looking for the going rate for a Demon Stick and/or Life Stick. Birb says 1 koku for each stick. Will purchase off-screen if GM don't want to populate simple purchasing thread.)
Ratling | Never Lost | Disturbing Countenance | Painful Bite | Fearless | Favorite Pup
Niche: 4.5 | Chieftain Class
Description
Possessions: Spiked Big Stick (Tetsubo), Yumi, Sturdy Clothes, Light Armor, Traveling Pack

Canary

Re: Sticks-R-Us (D7, EE)

Post by Canary » Sat May 30, 2020 6:47 am

The old rat was long in the tooth, gray furred, and missing an eye, but he still smiled when he saw Black Moonset. "There you are, whippernsnapper. Took you long enough to escape." He let out a chuckle.
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Sat May 30, 2020 6:56 am

Not all of us are as quick as a bowel movement following a night of your cooking!” He said with a smile and a laugh.

Good to see you’re still kicking.
Ratling | Never Lost | Disturbing Countenance | Painful Bite | Fearless | Favorite Pup
Description
Possessions: Spiked Big Stick (Tetsubo), Yumi, Sturdy Clothes, Light Armor, Traveling Pack

Canary

Post by Canary » Sat May 30, 2020 7:07 am

"Careful, there, kid, or I'll invite you and your family over for dinner tonight," he threatened jokingly. "These old bones are still quick enough to escape Tomorrow for now."

"Though I doubt you came by just to enjoy my witty banter. What do you need?"

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Sat May 30, 2020 2:40 pm

"I have been selected to guide these hairless-ones on their trek to the crater... And knowing what lies between us and it... I am here to try and draw on the memories from the past to help in seeing that I make it out alive again."
Description

Canary

Post by Canary » Sat May 30, 2020 2:53 pm

"I suppose since you're familiar with the humans, you're the best man for the job. What did your father think? And T'tok? I know she was looking forward to your return," he asked as he took out some of his best memory sticks. "Your best bets for heading for the Crater would probably be the Life Stick... maybe the Demon Stick if you have to fight. I'll only charge you supplies and labor, so you better be grateful, young'un." The last he said with a wink... which was more of a blink given that he only had one good eye to begin with.

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Sun May 31, 2020 2:12 am

He smiled and held his hands forward making a triangle with his fingers in thanks. “Most grateful. I will kill a big-spirit just for you ya ol’ swindler.
Description

Canary

Post by Canary » Sun May 31, 2020 2:19 am

"Old?! You're still a pup, you brat!" He exclaimed, then laughed. He handed the sticks over. "You kill 'em good. One less enemy at our back. Though you better not die and make me explain that to your father and T'tok. They'd have my ears."

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Sun May 31, 2020 2:23 am

At least I know I got your best work.I wouldn’t want T’tok after my ears.

He laughed and patted the Nezumi’s paw with two gold coins in his fingers.

I’ll dodge Tomorrow as long as I can... and maybe... just maybe... get rid of all the Big-spirits for evermore.
Description

Canary

Post by Canary » Sun May 31, 2020 2:36 am

"No one wants T'tok after their ears. She's fierce," he laughed and tucked away the coins. At his statement, he looked surprised. "You think that's possible?"

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Sun May 31, 2020 2:42 am

These humans have a pair of... special creatures with them. They look like hairless-ones but smell different. Much stronger Names... If they can’t help. I don’t know who can. I think this may be our last chance... Last chance to provide our pups with a life that we knew when we were pups. Not this endless nightmare. I will find a way to close that pit... or we will run far enough to put the hairless ones in between ween us and it...
Description

Canary

Post by Canary » Sun May 31, 2020 3:09 am

The old rat turned more serious, nodded. "Have T'tok give you a Wisdom Stick if she hasn't yet. It's one thing to know theoretically that they can help, but you may want to seek out the Transcendants. Terrifying beings, but you're not known for your fear. Foolish as that may be, it's an advantage here."

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Sun May 31, 2020 4:06 am

He nodded, “I will... If anyone knows what we can do... it would be them.
Description

Canary

Post by Canary » Sun May 31, 2020 4:18 am

"Indeed," he agreed, then waved his hand at him. "Now, go do what you need to do to save us. I have customers to get to. Or I'll keep you here for dinner and ramble for hours about what things were like back in my day."

Return to “The Marketplace”