D7 EA: Subterranean possibilities

Jiyo Sora

Re: D7 EA: Subterranean possibilities

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun May 31, 2020 3:47 am

"Think I'd rather spend what I have on more jade while I can get it. Can always improve the weapon later, assuming we all make it back."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Wu

Post by Wu » Sun May 31, 2020 9:22 pm

''True enough'' Wu admitted ''While I have you here Sora, may I ask you your opinion on something?''
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:33 am

"Oh, I'm quite free with my opinions, it's getting me to shut up about them that's difficult..."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Wu

Post by Wu » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:23 am

The dragon grinned

''I don't mind critism'' he reached for a scroll in his satchel ''I wrote guidelines for my school but, with Shinsei's help, came to realise they appeared more like orders. Could you have a look?''
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:27 am

"I would be honored!"

He reached for the scroll with genuine curiosity.

Wu

Post by Wu » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:36 am

The scroll read as follows
-The Path of Self-reliance, script received by the students of the dojo of Wu

I have met many man of professed wisdom, both true and false, during my travels but the words of one of one of my old mentors echoed more profundly within me. This is the essence of what he believed in the words of my friend and fellow student Mirumoto. Meditate on these words

1. do not turn your back on the various Ways of the World
2. Do not scheme for physical pleasure
3. Do not intend to rely on anything
4. Consider yourself lightly; consider the world deeply
5. Do not ever think in acquisitive terms.
6. Do not regret thing about your own personnal life
7. Do not envy another's good or evil
8. Do not lament parting on any road whatsoever.
9. Resentment and complaint are appropriate neither for oneself nor others.
10. Do not let yourself be guided by the feeling of lust or love.
11. In all things, have no preferences.
12. Be indifferent to where you live.
13. Do not pursue the taste of good food.
14. Do not hold on to possessions you no longer need.
15. Do not act following customary beliefs.
16. Do not collect weapons or practice with weapons beyond what is useful.
17. Do not begrudge death
18. Do not intent to possess either goods or fiefs for your old age.
19. Respect the words of the wise and the gods but do not depend on them.
20. You may abandon your own body but you must preserve your honour.
21. Never stray from the way of martial arts.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:01 pm

He scanned it over a couple of times.

"Well. Not a code I could ever live by- love has guided me to some of the few actions in my life I consider virtuous- but it seems a sound code for creating a specific sort of order."

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:19 pm

Hanzou listened with interest. It was all beyond him in many ways, but he was curious.
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui
Glory 2 ~ Reputation 4 ~ Status 1

Carries: Yumi, Arrows, Aiguchi, Lantern, Water, Medicine Kit, Jade (4/7)

Wu

Post by Wu » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:49 pm

''The line about love also tripped Shinsei'' he admitted ''We do not think love is bad...but sometimes people are blinded by it. In any case I will need to review the whole thing...perhaps starting with that one.''

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:46 am

"Might want to think about the meaning some of the words have... like, let's talk about love. The love I'm thinking of is the sort that would lead me to die in defense of the Emperor's children without a moment's regret if doing so would save them. Or for my friends. So for me, it's a strange word to pair directly with lust, which I think is a bit more of a problem, since it seldom motivates anyone to do anything but screw. The thing with writing- with getting things down like this- is that precision is vital to conveying intent, because you w0on't always be there to unpack it for your readers..."

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:49 am

"Love is complicated." Hanzou nodded.
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui

Wu

Post by Wu » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:28 am

''Indeed'' he replied to both ''I am not yet sure on how I can put it in writing while being concise''

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:41 am

"Might be you just need to invent a word."

Wu

Post by Wu » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:46 am

''Oh? What do you suggest?''

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:50 am

"I dunno."

He smiled.

"It's not my philosophy that needs it. I just encourage you to think flexibly about how you're expressing yours."

Wu

Post by Wu » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:54 am

''Making words up might overstretch things though...and I am not sure it help with clarity''

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:01 am

"The trick is to teach the words first, so that the concepts can be made clear. For example, if I say, 'jam the tip of your sword into that guy's solar plexus,' it's just a stream of noise unless you know what a sword is, where the tip is, and what the solar plexus is."

Wu

Post by Wu » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:05 am

Wu was not quite convinced

''Mmmh maybe a new expression might be best''

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:26 am

"Wouldn't stab him in the gut steee suffice?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:41 am

Hanzou wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:26 am
"Wouldn't stab him in the gut steee suffice?"
"As a quick and easy way to say it, sure, but it would lack the precision of the other..."

Return to “The Marketplace”