D7 EA: Subterranean possibilities

Wu

D7 EA: Subterranean possibilities

Post by Wu » Fri May 29, 2020 10:04 pm

Wu was looking at the numerous stalls looking at the various workmanship of the wares offered

He had to admit: the ratling's civilization was very advanced. More so then the human's.
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Hanzou

Re: D7 EA: Subterranean possibilities

Post by Hanzou » Fri May 29, 2020 11:26 pm

Not far away, Hanzou was thinking the same thing. He marveled at much of what he saw, but he was looking for a few specific items. He had very little to trade with, and very little experience with trade, but he could try.
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui
Glory 2 ~ Reputation 4 ~ Status 1

Carries: Yumi, Arrows, Aiguchi, Lantern, Water, Medicine Kit, Jade (4/7)

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat May 30, 2020 3:48 am

Sora was continuing to be something of a cheerful tourist in the inhuman city on the edge of its own doom.

Everything about it fascinated him, and everything he learned increased his admiration.

He spotted Wu first and offered a smile and a bow, then Hanzou, and did the same.
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Wu

Post by Wu » Sat May 30, 2020 5:17 am

The presence of other furless beings near him caught his attention. He offered a bow back when he recognised those present

''Good afternoon, how are you?''
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat May 30, 2020 5:36 am

"Thinking this place will seem like a memory of paradise when we head south."

He chuckled.

"It's pretty damned impressive as it is!"
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Wu

Post by Wu » Sat May 30, 2020 5:40 am

''Indeed!'' Wu nodded with enthousiasm ''The stonework is impressive on it's own but I have rarely seen a market like this one.''

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Sat May 30, 2020 5:40 am

"sneckt Yes, it is." Hanzou agreed, walking closer. "They have many interesting things here, but I kisk haven't found what I was looking for."
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat May 30, 2020 5:41 am

"Think of what can be exchanged here- not just goods, but ideas. Techniques. Hell, words. We need to work on having exchanges like this in the Empire, just think of what it would do for everyone..."

Wu

Post by Wu » Sat May 30, 2020 5:51 am

''Indeed...Although this is perhaps too busy for extensive discussions'' he agreed to Sora before to their other companion ''What where you searching for?''

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Sat May 30, 2020 6:27 am

"Trade of skill and sliss knowledge could be good though." he looked around. "I was hoping I might find some chrit dried fruit."

Wu

Post by Wu » Sat May 30, 2020 6:32 am

Wu's ears twitched in responses to the man's odd speech but tried not to let it show out of politeness

''I must admit I did not see any as i was focused on the weapons'' he perked up ''Speaking of this I suggest both of you look for any additionnal jade you can get.''

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat May 30, 2020 6:36 am

"Ah, my resources are a bit low to ask for it, especially from a people who seem to have need of it."

Wu

Post by Wu » Sat May 30, 2020 6:38 am

''Well...if you can get more there is a way to turn it into a paste to coat your weapon''

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat May 30, 2020 6:45 am

"Now that... sounds intriguing, but doesn't change my basic situation any."

Wu

Post by Wu » Sat May 30, 2020 6:48 am

''Still, information never hurts. I heard from the nezumi that the most dangerous creatures of Jigoku can only be felled with jade.''

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Sat May 30, 2020 7:04 am

He nodded. "Jade was the other thing I was looking for, zrreezzz but I doubt I have anything that would be an appropriate trade. skrip Hopefully, the Kami do."

Wu

Post by Wu » Sat May 30, 2020 8:55 am

''We will have to see. Aside from that, all the gear is up to par?'' he turned to Sora ''If you have some coins for metal I could maybe forge you your metal Dagger-Axe if we can use the nezumi forges''

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat May 30, 2020 4:01 pm

Sora laughed.

"I have one coin. Any blade you made from it might be good for threatening butterflies..."

Wu

Post by Wu » Sat May 30, 2020 10:22 pm

Wu sighed

"No, no. I mean you could buy iron here, not make one out of gold or silver"

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Sun May 31, 2020 1:35 am

"Most of my gear has skeek remained unused, so far." Hanzou said. "Except for the screet food I've been feeding the crow. I do need some more lantern oil, chishss and candles."

Return to “The Marketplace”