Food stalls (day 7 early evening)

Yoshitsune Nori

Food stalls (day 7 early evening)

Post by Yoshitsune Nori » Fri May 29, 2020 6:00 am

A man in blue robes strode through the marketplace, sampling the wares from a variety of food stalls. Curious about Nezumi cuisine, Nori was willing to try a taste of almost anything. Some of it was terribly bland, but some of it was surprisingly good.
Crab Clan • Shugenja • Fire • Caravan Guard • Cook • Medicine Man
Status 1.0 • Glory 2.0 • Reputation: As Expected
carries: scroll satchel, cook pot, yarrow sticks, tetsubo, flute

Hantei Kinsen

Re: Food stalls (day 7 early evening)

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat May 30, 2020 1:04 am

In the other hand, even though Hantei wasn't fully aware, Kinsen was there trying to find some extra jade to exchange with the Nezumi. The odors, though, fill her nostrils with a weird sensation. Looking for someone familiar, she bows.
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Yoshitsune Nori

Post by Yoshitsune Nori » Sat May 30, 2020 1:35 pm

"Ahh, Lady Hantei, isn't it?" the Crab said, upon recognizing Kinsen. "I'm Yoshitsune Nori. Have you tried the fried melon rind?" He waved around a crescent-shaped piece of fried food acquired from a nearby stall.

"Really, it's not something you'd normally think to eat, but it's ... well, not bad. Good, even, with some pepper."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat May 30, 2020 11:38 pm

The tall Hantei maiden laces up another set of green stones she acquired from the Nezumi around her wrists, and looks to Yoshitune to reply. "An honor to meet you here, Yoshitsune-san. I... have not. I was actually looking for jade."

She does lift an eyebrow to the mention of spice. "Pepper? I like pepper."
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Yoshitsune Nori

Post by Yoshitsune Nori » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:39 am

"Jade?" Nori queried. "Ahh, yes, of course we'll need jade for protection and such. I haven't seen any in the market so far, so I'm not sure if the Nezumi have much jade at all. But then they do seem to like shiny baubles, so who knows."
Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 11:38 pm
"Pepper? I like pepper."
"Pepper and other spices really help with some of the Nezumi, ahh, cuisine," Nori gushed. "They have quite a lot of unusual foods here, but some of them are, shall we say... difficult to stomach. A bit of seasoning helps immensely."

Return to “The Marketplace”