Curiouser and curiouser (D7 LA)

Togashi Saruko

Re: Curiouser and curiouser (D7 LA)

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:01 am

"Somewhat," she chuckled. "But you can take the badger out of the wilderness, can't take the wilderness out of the badger. In fact he might just become more cranky and irate."
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:19 am

He winked.

"I didn't know that it was possibel to be more cranky and irate."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:22 am

"Give it time~," Saruko retorted in a sing-song tone.

"Are you gonna check out the city some more?"
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:25 am

"As much as I can. That library of theirs... we should have something similar to that, too. So who knows what else we'll find that I want to emulate? These people are a marvel."

Leave it to Sora to get along better with bipedal rats than with many of the humans he knew.
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:29 am

"Mm, I will take a scenic route back to camp myself... trying to see as much as possible and commit it to memory so I can draw it all down when I get back to my tent. I didn't think to bring anything to draw or paint with coming here."

She looked up at the constructions around them some more.

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:30 am

"Well, with any luck, we can come back someday. Pay a visit, repay them for their help as best we can..."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:34 am

"That would be nice. In fact, I think I would like to personally return here someday. To help out, and to have more opportunity to look around and just... take in the sights."

She tapped the side of her head. "But this will have to do for the time being."

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:38 am

"Just so."

He chuckled.

"I kind of want the kids to see this place, though. Meet Nezumi children, so they can start to understand each other while understanding still comes easily."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:22 am

"A childlike state of mind does have many advantages," she said with a knowing smile. "It's a... pure way of thinking, of being. So true to your true self. Children are often so much more accepting of change and differences."

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:23 am

"No bad habits yet, only what we teach them."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:33 am

She thought about something for a few moments, before speaking.

"Seek me out in a couple of days, Sora. There's something I've been working on. Writing, to be specific. Maybe it would be of interest to you? Since everyone's like... trying to write about philosophy, I've been giving it a try myself since my children were born. Lots of time to write for a while there actually."

She just hadn't really showed it to many people yet.

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:34 am

"I would be honored. Actually, that gives me an idea..."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:37 am

"Oho... I'm intrigued now," she mused.

"Shall we agree to sit down and talk again in a few days time then? I think I want to see some more of this place before I return to camp first."

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:38 am

"That sounds like a lovely idea, Saruko."

He batted his eytelashes at her.

"O Light of My Life."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:47 am

"O' my scruffy-looking little rage-filled badger. Even the stars turn away from your... errr... yeah... they turn away."

She covered her mouth as she loved. "Sorry. That was a bit mean."

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:00 am

"Bah, you should hear what Han-Han has to say about me!"

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:28 am

"Probably something like yip-YIP-YIIIP-yip-yip!!" Saruko did her best to mimic Han-Han's more talkative moments.

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:30 am

"And the judgmental looks he uses, too..."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:22 am

"I know those looks well," she chuckled.

"Anyway... I should get going, Sora. Even if it's great to stay here and chat. You stay out of trouble with the locals, though, you hear?"

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:22 am

"Naturally! I find them... Refreshing."

He offered his friend a bow.

"Take care, Saruko."

Return to “The Marketplace”