Curiouser and curiouser (D7 LA)

Togashi Saruko

Re: Curiouser and curiouser (D7 LA)

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun May 31, 2020 3:33 am

Saruko chuckled. "That is true, but when things get dire... I can hold my own somewhat in a fight, but nothing compared to most of you."
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun May 31, 2020 3:36 am

"Just stand behind Koyama if it gets bad. I think that man could survive the sun falling on him."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun May 31, 2020 6:11 am

"Him or Yamadono, I suppose," she snickered briefly. "They're both like... mountains of men. You know, first time I saw Yamadono, I thought he was one of the Kami because he was so tall."
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun May 31, 2020 6:33 am

Sora chuckled.

"I honestly never really interacted with him. Even when Reiko came calling, he kept to himself."

A frown.

"Think I saw his daughter in a vision, though. It was... well. Better for her than it was for me."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun May 31, 2020 6:35 am

"A vision?" her eyes widened with curiosity. "Care to share it, or is this a secret...?"

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun May 31, 2020 6:39 am

"Oh, that stone everyone in camp was soon keen on? I went and had a look after Jin suggested my eye might... turn something up."

He shivered.

"Safe to say, it did, but it wasn't pleasant. I saw myself, consumed by Jigoku, slaughtering everyone I came across, a puppet to the Realm of Evil. And then... Matsu, her name's Matsu, right? Anyway. She struck me down. Kindest thing to be done, really."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun May 31, 2020 6:53 am

"Hmm..."

Rather than being shocked or horrified, Saruko seemed very thoughtful.

"Strange. I wonder why it gave you such a vision. When I found it, I thought, maybe it was a marker for a path to another realm, but... when I tried to get a feel for it, it felt distinctively like this world. Like, you know fire is hot when you sit near it, right? Then you realise how hot it really is when you hold your hand right over the flame. That's kind of how strong it felt - no connection to any other realm that I could sense."

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun May 31, 2020 6:56 am

"It was warning me. Whatever we do here, on this mission, a war is coming. It has happened before, and if we win, it will happen again. The Ogres and the Five Ancient Races fought- and won- the last time. Now it's our turn. Well."

He grinned.

"Hopefully us, and the Kami, and the Nezumi."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun May 31, 2020 7:07 am

"This is a bit beyond my knowledge, and meager expertise." She laughed, almost like a scoff, though it seemed more directed at herself.

"What do you know of this war? Of what they fought? I've heard stories of the ancient Five Races of the land, but nothing about a war..."

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun May 31, 2020 11:36 am

"Jigoku's forces. It wasn't much more specific than that."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun May 31, 2020 3:21 pm

"... So it has happened before that someone had to fight Jigoku." But how did one fight an entire realm of power?

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun May 31, 2020 4:00 pm

"I think it was a case of armies... but the ogres somehow... stopped it."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun May 31, 2020 8:57 pm

"Hmmm... if you learn more, I'd like to hear it. This could be important to us, and... well, I'm starting to see a bigger picture. I think."

She looked off in the distance for a moment. "Maybe... Maybe I should try to reach my husband."

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:09 am

"Be careful. That swamp found us well north of here, no telling what other traps might be in place."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:00 am

"I'm wary of traps too, but I promise you I won't do anything that dangerous without thinking it through."

She sighed. "I guess I just really miss his calmness and insight these days as things look more uncertain for us on this mission."

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:25 am

"I know what you mean. I miss the kids."

He chuckled.

"They're so sure I'm unstoppable, and that I always know what to do that it helps me believe it."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:29 am

She wasn't sure if Sora quite understood how much she missed her husband. For the past five years, he had been such a constant presence in her life, it was like suddenly not having her shadow anymore. Or having lost a sense.

"And here I thought you were unstoppable, Sora. I've never known anything to stop you before," she teased with a laugh. "Not even good-natured rumors or pranks."

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:31 am

"Most adversity just goads me on. The way it was in the mountains. But this business we're engaged in now, this mission... is beyond me in most ways, and if I let myself think about that too hard..."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:55 am

"Perhaps, but you've been an asset so far on this mission. At least, in my opinion. We all need an angry badger to rage at us from time to time and tell us when we're being dumb."

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:58 am

"And here I thought I'd mellowed in my old age."

Return to “The Marketplace”