Curiouser and curiouser (D7 LA)

Togashi Saruko

Re: Curiouser and curiouser (D7 LA)

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 29, 2020 6:39 am

"Easier said than done," she chuckled. "Sometimes what is clear to one is unclear to another. As I try to tell Reiko, there are many perspectives to keep in mind when given someone's version of a story."

She gave Sora a wink. "I should know, being a storyteller and all."
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 29, 2020 6:40 am

"Yes, you tell all kinds of tales."

He arched an eyebrow.

"In fact, I'd say you have a distinctive style, Saruko-chan."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 29, 2020 6:52 am

She blinked, a little taken aback by the sudden use of such an affectionate suffix. "I... do?" Saruko had no idea what he was hinting at now.
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 29, 2020 7:24 am

His grin became malevolent

"Now, now that I know you've seen the loneliness in my heart, I can confess the truth... I have loved you since the day we met, and dream of you nightly. I... I had Jiyo help me with this poem..."

He took a deep breath.

"There once was a girl, Shirayuki,
With whom I desired to make whoopee..."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 29, 2020 7:34 am

She supported herself by pressing her palms against her thighs, as she almost buckled over with containing her laughter.

"Oh Sora..." Saruko laughed. Or wheezed. Something in-between. "Se... serenade me some more," she managed to ask between tears of contained laughter.

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 29, 2020 10:10 am

"Her strange monkey ways
Attracted a Dragon's gaze,
So now I must pine with no nookie."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 29, 2020 10:20 am

"Oh," she chuckled. "You snooze, you lose, Sora. Maybe you would've had a chance before a mighty Dragon snatched me away!"

She was for sure teasing him!

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 29, 2020 3:13 pm

"Nah. Besides, Hikaru courtship customs would have finished the job my good looks and charm began!"

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 29, 2020 8:29 pm

"Now you've piqued my curiosity of what exactly those customs are..."

Goodness she had needed that laugh.

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat May 30, 2020 3:42 am

His eyes went wide and he pointed over her shoulder.

"Bishamon's balls, what's that?"

A pause.

"And then when you look, I whack you on the head."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat May 30, 2020 7:34 am

"I was afraid of that being the case," she laughed. "Not surprised, considering your good looks and charms, Sora."

Saruko snickered a little.

"Maybe the Nezumi have some good advice for you in courtship?"

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat May 30, 2020 7:36 am

*Hm, you know, I have been spending a lot of time around former Ayakashi..."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat May 30, 2020 7:58 am

"Mm, that is true. Now I'm curious about how much you've learned from Tsubo, Kara, and Yuzuru about our ways." Like, had they told him that Ayakashi did not nescessarily mind fur, she wondered. Or tails.

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat May 30, 2020 4:11 pm

"Enough to know that Shinsei's crow is the least unusual thing about this trip."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat May 30, 2020 6:58 pm

"Apart from... the obvious, like the animal we found, what else has been unusual in your opinion?"

Maybe there was stuff going on that she didn't know.

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat May 30, 2020 7:13 pm

"Take your pick- Swamps coming out of nowhere, a bunch of people sleepwalking into them, two Kami venturing out to rescue their trapped brother with all of us in tow, only we note their presence mostly when we present ourselves to them... magnificent cities of nonhuman make that we're allowed into- even welcomed into, despite the bad history between our peoples. And that's before we get into the fact that our little band contains everything from devoted fanatics in the Kami's service to people who have only the haziest idea of who the Kami even are."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat May 30, 2020 11:48 pm

"Ah."

Well, when one put it like that...

"I think Hantei-Kami and Shinjo-Kami are doing most of the logistics and leadership for our group, but it seems they listen to Teacher Shinsei when he has advocated that it is in the power of humans that we will succeed. But I suspect they probably just want to rush ahead and try on their own." At least Shinjo. She understood the two siblings had been very close.

"As for this city... successful diplomacy, with some thanks to yours truly. But your last point? I don't get that one either... why would someone join in on this if they didn't have a vested interest in helping the Kami?"

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun May 31, 2020 2:59 am

"The big guy... Taochusu? Seemed to think it was just a neat way to see new things."

His tone was mildly incredulous.

"I mean, Kinsen may not have prepared properly, but I get why she's here. She's family."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun May 31, 2020 3:04 am

"Yeah..." she shook her head. "At least Phi, of your tribe, knows what she's getting into it seems, even if she's not part of the clans yet."

That Kinsen seemed so ill prepared concerned her. And she worried greatly of the possible fates of the Stag if Hantei or Kinsen were lost during this mission.

"... Though now I wonder if people think I don't belong here. The closer we reach our goal, the less useful I will be, I fear. Spirit-walking to Jigoku is... too dangerous."

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun May 31, 2020 3:15 am

"Eh, someone needs to tell our story, and it's always more convincing if you saw it yourself."

Return to “The Marketplace”