Breakfast Ambush (LM D7)

Ongaku no Ryoko

Breakfast Ambush (LM D7)

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Fri May 29, 2020 11:59 am

Ryoko, full of questions though she was, had made an offer to a man, and she was a woman of her word.

So she stalked the camp, morin khuuru over one shoulder, looking to spot the tall, gloomy presence of Yamadono.

After all, he couldn't be that hard to spot, surely?
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.
Profile :: Themes

Noriaki no Yamadono

Re: Breakfast Ambush (LM D7)

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Fri May 29, 2020 9:42 pm

He absolutely was not hard to find. The large man had a grin on his face, as his daughter delivered a high kick to the man's forearm. The pair had found a place near the wagon to practice. The man leading his daughters blows as she moved from strike to strike, a dance of fists and kicks.

Whatever moodiness he had seemed to be washed away.
Spider Clan | Bushi | Large AF | Blessed by Bishamon and Earth
Carries: Bronze Tetsubo | Fur lined hat and cloak | Bronze Sword | Travelling Pack | Shakuhachi
Accompanied by: Matsu

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Fri May 29, 2020 10:33 pm

That brought a smile to her face, and she settled nearby to watch them practice, patiently observing the two in action. It was an impressive display, and she wondered if maybe she should practice some more, if they truly were marching into danger.
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.

Noriaki no Yamadono

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Sat May 30, 2020 2:50 am

The young woman yelled a kiah as she swung her leg around in a whipping roundhouse, Yamadono moving an arm to block the blow, keeping the girl in her rhythm.

His fur lined hat fell to the ground as Matsu moved into a furious assault of jabs and crossovers.

"Well done, girl!" The large man bellowed, his chest puffed up in pride as Matsu grinned widely, keeping her stance balanced.

Through the corner of his eye, he caught sight of Ryoko, offerint a wave.
Carries: Bronze Tetsubo | Fur lined hat and cloak | Bronze Sword | Travelling Pack | Shakuhachi

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sat May 30, 2020 3:18 am

Ryoko stepped up, and walking casually into the midst of the scuffle, reached for the hat, narrowly dodging several errant kicks and punches.

Straightening, she stepped back, examining the hat thoughtfully, somehow still managing to avoid the errant elbows, stepping quickly away when the pair got too close.

Casually, she observed, "You seem in a good mood this morning, Yamadono. I am glad to see this."

After a momentary pause, she put on the hat, the large thing almost totally swallowing her head.

Pushing it up, out of her eyes, she made a wry expression. It was a bit itchy for her taste, and likely looked comical, given how oversized it was.

Noriaki no Yamadono

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Sat May 30, 2020 9:52 pm

"I am at peace." He responded, stepping back from Matsu, the father and daughter bowing to each other. The young girl grabbed her waterskin, drinking from it, as the father rubbed his hands and rolled his shoulders. "Oddly enough, since the swamp. It felt like it drank some of my burdens."

He moved towards Ryoko, chuckling as the younger woman wore his hat. He towered over her, looking sown at her.

"Good Morning, Ryoko of the Ongaku. I am glad to see you, too."

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sun May 31, 2020 12:41 am

"Perhaps... you gave them up to the swamp. Not so different than the air. I am glad you are free to take on new challenges."

Pulling the hat off, she held it out to Yamadono. "So, have you thought more on the future, then, now that you no longer are fixated on becoming the last of a past thing?"

Noriaki no Yamadono

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Sun May 31, 2020 1:43 am

"The future is Matsu's. I am the present. I will live as long as I can." There was a certain determination. "To give counsel and aid until I am dead. Yet I am still the Last Noriaki. There is no changing that. But perhaps that strength and cunning will live on with the Spider, though her." He gently took the hat back, planting it upon his balding head. The greys in his hair seemed to shine just a little more, the lines in his face cutting deeper. Maybe it was just the light.

"But with her, I am among the first Spider. That means something. Or will. Once we rescue Fu Leng. It will take more than our physical might, or the mystical approach of Reiko. But all working together."

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sun May 31, 2020 3:52 am

"Aye. You may be the last of one thing... but you are also the beginning of another."

That brought a wide smile.

"I would like to avoid being the last of the Takemori, but I am working to learn what path we can take to ensure there will be a future for the tribe. Perhaps we will fade away, and become something greater - if that is so, I wish only to ensure the new thing is worth that cost."

Noriaki no Yamadono

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:16 am

"I believe there will be a place for you, and your people." He acknowledged her concern. Meanwhile, Matsu approached, staring at the two. She reached out, grabbing the grip of Yamadono's sword.

It was a moment, and she brandished it. Stepping away from the two as they spoke, moving through some blade kata.

"It is an uncertain future. How can we protect what we cherish and support each other. However you find you can answer that, I hope you know I will lend you whatever aid I can."

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:16 am

"I appreciate that."

Ryoko laughed as Matsu stole her father's sword.

"Though Matsu seems ready to try and fight every monster in the world - does either one of you keep other hobbies?"

Noriaki no Yamadono

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:17 pm

"Music. She enjoys listening to stories of history." Yamadono smiled on as the young girl moved with a practiced grace with the weapon, but showcased her strength.

"She has been talking to some of these Nezumi. More curious than anything, and not just about their weapons."

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:31 am

"That's good. There is more to life than war."

Ryoko contemplated the practice in silence, and then added, curiously, "Did you teach her to play, or does she just listen?"

Noriaki no Yamadono

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:26 am

Yamadono nodded. "She can play." He reached for his Shakuhachi. "When I pass, this will become hers. As long as she has this, I will always be there for her. At least in music." He chuckled, watching the girl move through sword swings.

"She has her own flute, of course, but I will want her to have this one."

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:26 am

"That's good... though I hope you don't need to hand it over too soon."

She chuckled. "After all, who else could wear that hat of yours?"

Noriaki no Yamadono

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:56 am

"No. Certainly not feeling that need." His laugh was boisterous, echoing around the supply wagon. Then it goes to a grin.

"Well, it didn't look bad on you, Ryoko."

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:04 pm

"I don't know, it was hard to see with it over my face."

Her tone was dry, and she added, thoughtfully, "I suppose I could use one in the winter though - it can get chilly on in the hill country when the wind blows through."

Return to “The Supply Wagon”