[D7 LN] Ox Hour Samba (Closed)

Nozomi

Re: [D7 LN] Ox Hour Samba (Closed)

Post by Nozomi » Sat May 30, 2020 5:21 am

Phi could see the two of them move into melee with the creatures. For the moment the fact that they had focused on the armored woman until she went down was an advantage for her. She could maneuver slightly to keep a clear shot, more or less, as the only one in range with its claws was the one that was still held back slightly by that spear. Rather than get in close and further muddy this mess up, she decided to take a shot and help whittle the foul, green-skinned thing down.

Without the protection of armor, this one fared far less well than its compatriot had. Besides, Phi had no compunctions shooting a green skinned whatever-that-is in the back, and she doubted anyone would fault her for it.

============
Stance: Maintain Attack
Free Action: Maneuver to keep clear shot
ATN: 20
Attack: 26 v 20, Hit
Damage: 15 after Reduction
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Sat May 30, 2020 5:28 am

The remaining bog hag screams in fury as an arrow struck it cleanly in the shoulder. It turned, fury in its eyes, and lashed out at Sora, but drew back too quickly, letting concerns about the dagger axe temper its attack.

[Regular Hag 15 wounds, +5

Attack against Sora, Wounded, TN30: 4d10o10k2 16 ]
I am the GM that posts while you're at work, I am the plot line that freezes before day change, I am... The Underbirb!

Shinjo Koyama

Post by Shinjo Koyama » Sat May 30, 2020 5:35 am

The battle thrill, Koyama was never old for this. If anything, the thirst for killing what ought to be killed surged in him like an appetite would after fasting. He noticed the satisfying demise of the first monster and didn't lose time, simply striking the second in the same way, this time way more precisely as he was getting into his groove. There were reasons why mountain-folk were legendary, and feared.

LN7. Attack on Bog Hag. 3 Raises for Called Shot. VP. Highlander. FA. YET. AGAIN.: 10d10o10k6+1 55

However, for some reason, the impetus this time was nothing like the last. Was he running out of his special juice?

LN7. Damage. Highlander: Stamina for Strength. Killer.: 7d10o10k3+5 21

[Cutting Reduction by 2]
Once known as Kozan of the Hikaru

Ki-Rin Clan ʭ Highlander ʭ Dragonborn ʭ Froward ʭ Frank ʭ Fierce ʭ Focused
Status: Shinjo's Guidman Glory: Bairn of the Earth Repute: 'Freedom!'

hatchet, spear, studded club, leather-and-bone armour, bear hide cloak
beer skin, dice, xun, cowrie shell strings

Xiao Bao, the sarcastic raccoon dog

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat May 30, 2020 5:40 am

At least somebody's hitting the damn thing. Phi's right, I've gone soft!

His strike hit home this time, taking the thing in its midsection, landing with a satisfying thunk.

Or maybe not. This is actually fun, killing something that has it coming!

[Attack roll- 30-frickin'-eight
Damage roll: 31, so 29 after reduction ]
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Sat May 30, 2020 5:50 am

The hag's neck crunched and turned against the ferocity of Koyama's attack, the axe biting and chipping bone, but not quite severing the neck. Before it could recover from the shock, Sora's strike took it in the back and drove the creature to the ground, the heavy blade cleaving through flesh and pinning it to the ground. Ichor began to spread across the ground, its eyes glassy, but still half focused. Air rattled in its chest, the vile thing still clinging to the last vestiges of life, but only just. Pure hatred bubbled to in its throat, as a string of curses were issued at each of the Hikaru in turn. Whatever fight was left in the creature was gone, and there were many answers about its existence yet to be had, but this thing, whatever it was, certainly would not cooperate easily.

[[Kill the Hag]]======OR======[[Intimidation(Torture) TN30]]
I am the GM that posts while you're at work, I am the plot line that freezes before day change, I am... The Underbirb!

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sat May 30, 2020 5:55 am

Phi didn't take the shot. She looked at the others and snarled, yanking out the finger of jade she'd had with her. "Find out if that thing has friends here," she snarled. "If you need to borrow this to see if it hurts her kind, be my guest." She wasn't skilled at ... interrogating others, but oh she'd offer the tools to do it with.

While they made the call, she went onto overwatch. There could be more of these fucking things, and she didn't know what was going on.

(Vote is for Torture if one of the others can make the attempt. Her best roll is 4k3-5.)
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat May 30, 2020 5:57 am

[Sora has no ranks in Intimidate, a Disturbing Countenance that this thing wouldn't care about, and an awareness of 2. I'd like info, but I doubt we'd get any if he tried.]

"Phi, see to their prisoner. And keep an eye on her in case it's a trick."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Shinjo Koyama

Post by Shinjo Koyama » Sat May 30, 2020 6:03 am

Making sure all others were fine, Koyama grabbed back his spear and targeted it at where the genitals would normally be, poking. Whatever this was, he felt it wise to not approach it without a pole.

"Ye'll answer aw queries." The Decapitator of Bog Hags said simply, and the gravity was in his calm for it couldn't have been more apparent what he was capable of. "Lik' me friend's 'ere." He gestured at Sora.

LN7. Torture. No Rich Experience But I Can Try.: 5d10k5 36
Once known as Kozan of the Hikaru

Ki-Rin Clan ʭ Highlander ʭ Dragonborn ʭ Froward ʭ Frank ʭ Fierce ʭ Focused
Status: Shinjo's Guidman Glory: Bairn of the Earth Repute: 'Freedom!'

hatchet, spear, studded club, leather-and-bone armour, bear hide cloak
beer skin, dice, xun, cowrie shell strings

Xiao Bao, the sarcastic raccoon dog

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Sat May 30, 2020 6:06 am

The creature stared daggers into Koyama's eyes, but they were blunt and rusted. It nodded, slowly, once.

[[Players may ask the hag 4 questions before it bleeds out. It will answer honestly, if it knows the answer]]

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat May 30, 2020 6:10 am

[In the interest of speeding this up so it's not post, wait, post wait-

"Were there others, or was it only the two of you?"

"How long have you been among us?"

"What did you do to the supplies in the wagon?"

And for our fourth... I dunno, what do we want to know, guys?]

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sat May 30, 2020 6:14 am

(If the answer is "More than 2" - "Where are the others."
If it's just them, I recommend either a question of "Why?", "Who sent you" or "What are you?")

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat May 30, 2020 6:29 am

[Over PMs, we have refined this a bit, and have three, with the fourth conditional on answers to the others:

"Were there others, or was it only the two of you?"

"What did you do to the supplies in the wagon?"]

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sat May 30, 2020 6:34 am

(Just checked with Baku. Since we have a good idea of our first questions, we're asking these In Character. Phi will take the first, since the follow up is very much something you guys are deciding if it's "more than them")

Phi took the directive from the others and strode up within spitting distance, pulling her veil up so that her clipped, nasty tone was nevertheless clear as a bell. She nodded in approval of the stab to that things crotch... or was that it's knee? Who knew, who fucking cared. It was going to die, and before it went to whatever hell it came from, it was going to answer some questions.

"Were there others, or was it only the two of you?" she spat out acridly, her blood-red eyes a merciless sheen as she motioned for Sora to come over and hear this creature's answer.

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Sat May 30, 2020 6:38 am

It blinked slowly up at Phi, its ragged breath coming out with the foul stench of swamp gas. "F-four of us..."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat May 30, 2020 6:40 am

Two more...

"And where are the others?"

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Sat May 30, 2020 6:43 am

"Among the... guards..." It wheezed. "They are..." The hag provides descriptions of the skins stolen by the others, allowing them to be dispatched quietly off screen at a later time.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat May 30, 2020 6:43 am

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Sat May 30, 2020 6:46 am

"Since the...swamp..." It laughed coldly. "We wanted...stronger skins..."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sat May 30, 2020 6:47 am

Phi had to control the urge to vomit. It was obvious how pale her complexion was. "What exactly did you do to our supplies and how much of them are affected?" She was in control... but barely.

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Sat May 30, 2020 6:55 am

The creature scratched the ground, flexing its claws. "Disease... don't know how far... but substantial." It laughed again, this time coughing up ichor. "Meant to kill you...or else let us... get closer...to...Reiko......." The last word came out as a gurgling belch, and the light died in its eyes.

[This event is now concluded. Players may continue to RP as if this were a normal thread from here.

Results:
-5 Purity for the use of torture
??? Decay has been removed entirely due to the removal of hags and damaged supplies
One player involved in this event gains a Servant after the woman wakes up and swears a life debt to them]

Return to “The Supply Wagon”