(D7, EM, Open) The way to a rat's heart is through their stomach

Inga

Re: (D7, EM, Open) The way to a rat's heart is through their stomach

Post by Inga » Fri May 29, 2020 1:53 am

Inga chuckled at the joke. In a sense, she knew that eating when they could was important. So she took a serving of food, after all who knows when will they get something better than trail rations. As for the question about her knowing how to cook. "I cook what I need to survive."
♧Shoji tribe ♧Bushi ♧Unlucky ♧Daredevil ♧Superstitious ♧Fortune Teller ♧Haunted ♧ Very Unfortunate
♧Glory: 1 ♧Reputation: Untrustworthy ♧Status:1

Equipment: Bow, quiver, Light armor, Finger of Jade, Tanto,

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 29, 2020 3:21 am

Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:52 pm
"I didn't know we had people from the Chinsei tribe with us. Oh, maybe you're talking about Chisei, the ex-imperial who got married away?"
"Nah, Shinsei. Smart guy. Hangs out with the Kami a fair bit. Has a pet crow?"
Togashi Saruko wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 12:58 am
"How does today find you all?"
"Awestruck, Saruko, absolutely awestruck."

He gestured to encompass the city.
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 29, 2020 3:22 am

"It's... quite the sight, yes," she agreed, taking a moment to take in the sight once more.

"Imagine what it must've been like before."
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 29, 2020 3:29 am

"It makes me want to help them, truth be told. To have lost so much, through nothing they had done..."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Fri May 29, 2020 3:30 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 3:21 am
"Nah, Shinsei. Smart guy. Hangs out with the Kami a fair bit. Has a pet crow?"
Ayumu checked the frying fish as not turned into a burning fish before answering:

"Ah yes, him. Never really get who he is, what is his relationship with the Kami, and what is his role within this expedition. His crow sure loves to steal our food however."
Imperial | Former Isawa | Bushi | Artisan | Skeletal
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: What Is Expected | Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 29, 2020 3:36 am

Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 3:30 am
Ayumu checked the frying fish as not turned into a burning fish before answering:

"Ah yes, him. Never really get who he is, what is his relationship with the Kami, and what is his role within this expedition. His crow sure loves to steal our food however."
"He's a wanderer who has seen a lot. You might find a conversation enlightening. I found him easy to get along with, and I don't say that about many people."

Inga

Post by Inga » Fri May 29, 2020 3:43 am

Inga slowly nibbled at her food as the people talked. She wondered about this Shinsei guy and his crow. Maybe she should talk to this guy but then again why would he listen to such a humble unlucky soul.
♧Shoji tribe ♧Bushi ♧Unlucky ♧Daredevil ♧Superstitious ♧Fortune Teller ♧Haunted ♧ Very Unfortunate

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 29, 2020 4:41 am

"I wonder how we can help them." And if they wanted help at all.

As the conversation turned to Shinsei, Saruko was eager to chime in. "Teacher Shinsei is a very humble but wise man. I've always enjoyed listening to what he has to say."
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Fri May 29, 2020 4:49 am

Ayumu tasted the sauce and added a bit of this, and a spoon of that.
Inga wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 3:43 am
Inga slowly nibbled at her food as the people talked. She wondered about this Shinsei guy and his crow. Maybe she should talk to this guy but then again why would he listen to such a humble unlucky soul.
"Inga, do you know of Togashi Saruko, here with us? She's... way better at telling stories, including her own, than me, so I won't spoil it for you."
Togashi Saruko wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 4:41 am
"I wonder how we can help them." And if they wanted help at all.
"Isn't rescuing Fu-Leng from the Pit supposed to help them in some way?"
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 29, 2020 4:53 am

"Ideally. But I mean... more. Making peace between them and the Seidou- real peace, not just exhaustion and altered priorities. Lendign them aid if this... problem persists.""

Inga

Post by Inga » Fri May 29, 2020 4:58 am

"It is a pleasure to meet you." Inga nodded. "I look forward to listen to your stories." She looked at Ayumu. "I have something to tell you about what happened the other day."

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Fri May 29, 2020 5:07 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 4:53 am
"Ideally. But I mean... more. Making peace between them and the Seidou- real peace, not just exhaustion and altered priorities. Lendign them aid if this... problem persists.""
"In short, making them part of the Empire.

Pretty sure they'll be very angry if you said that to their face right now though. Most of the tribes still distrust the Kami, and they didn't have their home destroyed by one of them."
Inga wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 4:58 am
"I have something to tell you about what happened the other day."
"Uh? Sure. Let me just tame down the flames a bit... Sempai, Saruko, could you watch the pot time for me to see what this is about? Just scream if it starts making strange noises or bubbles.

Here, I'm yours. Should we walk away a little further for privacy?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 29, 2020 5:09 am

Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 5:07 am

Pretty sure they'll be very angry if you said that to their face right now though. Most of the tribes still distrust the Kami, and they didn't have their home destroyed by one of them."
He shook his head.

"Not what I meant. Tribes before the Empire traded and still stayed tribes. I'm thinking more along the lines of making them allies. Their ways aren't our ways, and we need to respect that."

Inga

Post by Inga » Fri May 29, 2020 5:12 am

She didn't want to be inopportune but this could be a bit weird for others to hear. "Yes some privacy would be good." She looked at the gathered. "If you excuse me we will be right back." She walked over to the side.

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Fri May 29, 2020 5:14 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 5:09 am
Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 5:07 am

He shook his head.

"Not what I meant. Tribes before the Empire traded and still stayed tribes. I'm thinking more along the lines of making them allies. Their ways aren't our ways, and we need to respect that."
"Interesting. I think some human tribes would be interested in such an allied yet not incorporated status.

But I think, they, and the Nezumi will, would be worried about this being a trick to slowly absorb them. They'll need some hard guarantees to be convinced.

Then, if you excuse me."
Inga wrote: She didn't want to be inopportune but this could be a bit weird for others to hear. "Yes some privacy would be good." She looked at the gathered. "If you excuse me we will be right back." She walked over to the side.
Ayumu followed Inga and asked her in a low voice:

"So?"

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 29, 2020 5:16 am

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Inga. I usually tell stories by the campfires each evening, so you are more than welcome to join in then."

It was a bit early in the morning for her to tell a tale now, especially before breakfast. She didn't want it to get cold.

"I... don't think the Nezumi would want to join under the banner of a human Empire."

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 29, 2020 5:21 am

"Maybe we could send some kind of guarantee..."

He thought back to his conversation with their chief Nezumi guide.

"Seidou used to kidnap their children. We'd need to offer one hell of a promise not to treat them as subjects or inferiors."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 29, 2020 5:24 am

She frowned slightly, recalling that she had butted heads with Anjing a few times over slavery.

"Well, that is certainly something we're gonna put an end to."

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 29, 2020 5:32 am

"To put it mildly. You know my views on those who would harm children."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 29, 2020 5:46 am

"Yes. And I won't stand for slavery, even if it's captured non-humans." At least that's what she assumed the Seidou had done with the captured Rat-Children.

Theme 2Profile

Return to “The Supply Wagon”