(D7, EM, Open) The way to a rat's heart is through their stomach

Jiyo Ayumu

(D7, EM, Open) The way to a rat's heart is through their stomach

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Thu May 28, 2020 3:16 pm

Once again Ayumu found himself behind the cooking pots. But this time he was not cooking for the group.

Well, that was a bit more complicated than that. He wasn't cooking directly for the group, but he was preparing a feast for their Nezumi hosts, which should benefit the group eventually if things went right.

First, he had to decide on a menu. One Nezumi had told him they liked fish, so that was as good a base as any. And they seem to have no problem with human food in general, so he could probably keep true to standard recipes.

Just hoped he wasn't going to accidentally poison them. If he limited himself to ingredients he had seen them ingest eagerly at meal time, all should right, right?
Imperial | Former Isawa | Bushi | Artisan | Skeletal
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: What Is Expected | Description

Jiyo Sora

Re: (D7, EM, Open) The way to a rat's heart is through their stomach

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu May 28, 2020 4:16 pm

Sora wandered over to the smell of cooking, blinked, then smiled.

"Good morning, Ayumu. Looks like quite a production you're working on..."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Thu May 28, 2020 4:23 pm

"Hi sempai. Had a good night?

Trying my best here. You wouldn't know what our furry friends like to eat, would you? I've tried to ask the ones we have with us, but they're not always easy to understand."
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu May 28, 2020 4:44 pm

"They're pretty tough. Ch'jak'matt was gnawing on part of a tree when I met him. Good senses of smell, so they might like things with aromas they can appreciate. Pretty sure anything we can eat, they can eat."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Thu May 28, 2020 5:12 pm

"Heavily flavored sounds good. I think we can allow yourself to invest a good portion of our ever-dwindling stock of spices into this.

Do you know where, when and how the others are supposed to meet the Nezumi leaders exactly?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu May 28, 2020 5:15 pm

"Word is, it's at the city's civic heart, and a short time from now."

Sora looked around at their surroundings. Then sighed, happily.

"This city is a wonder."

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Thu May 28, 2020 6:24 pm

"According to them, it used to be even more incredible before the catastrophe. I definitely need to see that.

Have to actually. Reiko said it might be our last opportunity to get jade before things go south."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu May 28, 2020 6:37 pm

Sora shot the younger man a look.

"You didn't manage to get any back in the Crab lands?"

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Thu May 28, 2020 6:49 pm

"No. The local providers were resentful for some reason.

But it's not about me. According to Reiko, JeeGoKoo's influence turn allies against one another. So we need to secure enough for the whole group to be on the safe side."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu May 28, 2020 7:35 pm

"I was talking to Shinsei about sending people back the further we go. After all, we're a small army at present- finding that much jade on short notice seems tricky."

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Thu May 28, 2020 8:52 pm

"I didn't know we had people from the Chinsei tribe with us. Oh, maybe you're talking about Chisei, the ex-imperial who got married away?

As for that solution... Do you really think there is a single person in this expedition that will accept to go back if we ask them too? I feel like we're all quite obstinate here, even we don't necessarily show it the same way."

Inga

Post by Inga » Thu May 28, 2020 8:58 pm

Inga decided to go have breakfast near the wagon. It was where people gathered and probably find the one she is looking for. "Good morning."
♧Shoji tribe ♧Bushi ♧Unlucky ♧Daredevil ♧Superstitious ♧Fortune Teller ♧Haunted ♧ Very Unfortunate
♧Glory: 1 ♧Reputation: Untrustworthy ♧Status:1

Equipment: Bow, quiver, Light armor, Finger of Jade, Tanto,

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Thu May 28, 2020 9:23 pm

"Oh, hello Inga.

Inga, this is my sempai Sora. He is... A lot of things. I think he'll do a far better at presenting himself that I do.

Sora, this is Inga. She is a spiritually trained warrior who has been kind enough to accompany us on this quest.

Inga, if you want breakfast, you better try your luck at the main counter. I've more or less requisitioned this one to prepare some delicacies for our Nezumi hosts."

Inga

Post by Inga » Thu May 28, 2020 10:19 pm

"Hello. I am glad to meet you. I am no spirit talker but but I do know a thing or two about it." Inga nodded to the two imperials. "I'll get some food. But I should prepare the body for scarce food."
♧Shoji tribe ♧Bushi ♧Unlucky ♧Daredevil ♧Superstitious ♧Fortune Teller ♧Haunted ♧ Very Unfortunate
♧Glory: 1 ♧Reputation: Untrustworthy ♧Status:1

Equipment: Bow, quiver, Light armor, Finger of Jade, Tanto,

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Thu May 28, 2020 11:07 pm

Back to hot weather again it seemed. Saruko lamented the unpleasant southern heat as she had shed some of the layers of her robes, which now left her forearms uncovered and with less flowy fabric to obfuscate some of her form, so it was much clearer to see that she had lost her girlish physique of the past and become a woman, and a mother.

"Good morning," she gave a warm smile to those gathered by the wagon for breakfast as she got her own meal. Best enjoy the good food before it would run out and she'd be forced to live on the rations she'd brought. Warm food did beat dried rations most of the time.
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Fri May 29, 2020 12:42 am

Inga wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:19 pm
"I'll get some food. But I should prepare the body for scarce food."
"Don't overdo it or you might end up looking like me."

Ayumu said it cheerfully, so it's probably a joke. Probably.
Togashi Saruko wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 11:07 pm

"Good morning," she gave a warm smile
"Hello milady. Did you have a good night?"

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 29, 2020 12:58 am

"One can't really complain, except for the heat," she chuckled softly and took a small sip of the broth in her bowl to test it out first. "We're out of the swamp for now, so that's a relief."

"How does today find you all?"
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Fri May 29, 2020 1:04 am

"For now, busy. I'm hoping to finish preparing all this food in time for the talks with the Nezumi. Every little bit of good will we can get won't be lost.

Actually...

None of you would happen to be a skilled cook by chance?"

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 29, 2020 1:22 am

"Not... really?" she admitted sheepishly. She could cook well enough to make something edible, but to make something that was tasty and appetizing was another.

"I know how to make some food, but I'm not any good at it."

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Fri May 29, 2020 1:46 am

"Well, was worth a try. Will you be one of our representatives to the Nezumi chieftains, Lady of Many Stories? I feel like they do like tales, but that may be just me misinterpreted their unusual way of saying things in our tongue."

Return to “The Supply Wagon”