(D7, EM, Open) The way to a rat's heart is through their stomach

Inga

Re: (D7, EM, Open) The way to a rat's heart is through their stomach

Post by Inga » Fri May 29, 2020 7:01 am

Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 5:14 am

Ayumu followed Inga and asked her in a low voice:

"So?"
Inga pursed her lips. "A few nights ago I woke up in the swamp where this fog was making me think I was hearing a familiar voice." she lowered her head a bit sadden. "Most divination are cryptic messages that one must interpret... and well..." She looked up at Ayumu. "I... I think we should be careful to whom we give our names to... You see my divination was more like... Mind your name."
♧Shoji tribe ♧Bushi ♧Unlucky ♧Daredevil ♧Superstitious ♧Fortune Teller ♧Haunted ♧ Very Unfortunate
♧Glory: 1 ♧Reputation: Untrustworthy ♧Status:1

Equipment: Bow, quiver, Light armor, Finger of Jade, Tanto,

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Fri May 29, 2020 2:32 pm

Inga wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 7:01 am
Inga pursed her lips. "A few nights ago I woke up in the swamp where this fog was making me think I was hearing a familiar voice." she lowered her head a bit sadden. "Most divination are cryptic messages that one must interpret... and well..." She looked up at Ayumu. "I... I think we should be careful to whom we give our names to... You see my divination was more like... Mind your name."
The remark triggered something in Ayumu's mind:

"That reminds me of something. Someone told me about the power of names in recent past. But not as clearly.

I think that was Reiko. Need to check my notes to be sure, but probably her. She wanted to spread the name of Fu-Leng as much as possible. To support his strength. I found the wording strange at that time. Maybe there was more to it that I initially thought."

He tried to focused back on the present:

"Thanks for the advise Inga. I'll be careful.

Maybe you should also talk to someone with the knowledge and the skills to actually understand the full ramifications of this name thing. Dunno who though."

A concerned look at her clean unease:

"Also... Just... Are you alright?"
Imperial | Former Isawa | Bushi | Artisan | Skeletal
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: What Is Expected | Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 29, 2020 3:16 pm

Togashi Saruko wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 5:46 am
"Yes. And I won't stand for slavery, even if it's captured non-humans." At least that's what she assumed the Seidou had done with the captured Rat-Children.
"And that, my friend, is just part of why we get along so swimmingly."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 29, 2020 8:26 pm

"And here I thought it was because I find your brute honesty refreshing," Saruko remarked with a teasing laugh and proceeded to eat some more of her breakfast.
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Inga

Post by Inga » Fri May 29, 2020 9:23 pm

Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 2:32 pm

The remark triggered something in Ayumu's mind:

"That reminds me of something. Someone told me about the power of names in recent past. But not as clearly.

I think that was Reiko. Need to check my notes to be sure, but probably her. She wanted to spread the name of Fu-Leng as much as possible. To support his strength. I found the wording strange at that time. Maybe there was more to it that I initially thought."

He tried to focused back on the present:

"Thanks for the advise Inga. I'll be careful.

Maybe you should also talk to someone with the knowledge and the skills to actually understand the full ramifications of this name thing. Dunno who though."

A concerned look at her clean unease:

"Also... Just... Are you alright?"
She placed her hand on the Jiyo's shoulder and gave a sigh of relief. "Thanks, I think I'll go to that place they call library. I heard there is information there." Inga smiled to try relief his concern letting go of his shoulder. "I am fine... Don't worry... I still live." The girl giggled.
♧Shoji tribe ♧Bushi ♧Unlucky ♧Daredevil ♧Superstitious ♧Fortune Teller ♧Haunted ♧ Very Unfortunate

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Fri May 29, 2020 9:43 pm

Inga wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 9:23 pm
"Thanks, I think I'll go to that place they call library. I heard there is information there." Inga smiled to try relief his concern letting go of his shoulder. "I am fine... Don't worry... I still live." The girl giggled.
Ayumu looked at her with a tiny smile who he hoped was reassuring:

"If you need my help for anything, you know you just have to ask. And if you just need to talk, I'll happily listen."
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver

Inga

Post by Inga » Fri May 29, 2020 9:58 pm

"Thank you." The young woman smiled. "Now, let eat... I sure you made the best food." She walked towards the table not before giving the skeletal man a brief hug. It was not often she was appreciated.

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Fri May 29, 2020 11:32 pm

Ayumu noded and returned to the makeshift cuisine just in time to save the sauce from a dark fate.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat May 30, 2020 3:50 am

Togashi Saruko wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 8:26 pm
"And here I thought it was because I find your brute honesty refreshing," Saruko remarked with a teasing laugh and proceeded to eat some more of her breakfast.
"Well, that's part of it too. And besides, admit it, you're madly intrigued by the dark side of my nature."

He adopted an expression of comic severity.

"So dark."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat May 30, 2020 7:42 am

"Aw, but I know that you're secretly a ray of sunshine behind it all, Sora," Saruko teased as she finished her breakfast quickly. The Saru Daimyo certainly didn't waste time picking at her food.

"Oh, by the way, if you want to bring something back to the children, I've been pressing the flowers I've found so far on this journey. It's not as nice as fresh flowers, but it preserves much of how they look like."
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Inga

Post by Inga » Sat May 30, 2020 7:54 am

Inga took a seat where she was munching on her breakfast.

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Sat May 30, 2020 8:01 am

Togashi Saruko wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 7:42 am
"Aw, but I know that you're secretly a ray of sunshine behind it all, Sora," Saruko teased as she finished her breakfast quickly. The Saru Daimyo certainly didn't waste time picking at her food.

"Oh, by the way, if you want to bring something back to the children, I've been pressing the flowers I've found so far on this journey. It's not as nice as fresh flowers, but it preserves much of how they look like."
Cheerfully, voice a bit coarse from the very spicy smoke of the cooking:

"Oh, so it's you Kinsen was referencing when she said we should become beacons of light. Are your hair going to turn sun-colored too?

For the children, a piece of Nezumi craft might be interesting too. Do they make toys?"

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat May 30, 2020 8:06 am

"Ooooh... Nezumi craft of some sort is a good idea. I should look into that too." She figured her own children might be more interested in that.

"I don't know if Nezumi children have toys... I will have to look into that."

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat May 30, 2020 4:08 pm

Togashi Saruko wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 7:42 am
"If nothing else, they'll appreciate the variety, although I'd be wary of trying to evenf ind any flowers from here on out... damn things might have teeth."

At Ayumu's mention of Nezumi toys and Saruko's taking up the idea, he nodded.

"See, that's why Ayumu's the brains of the Imperial operations on this mission. I'm just the winning smile and diplomatic grace."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat May 30, 2020 7:01 pm

She shuddered a little at the idea of flowers with teeth.

As Sora proclaimed himself the social butterfly of the Imperial duo, Saruko looked at Ayumu. "Be very afraid."

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Sat May 30, 2020 7:09 pm

Togashi Saruko wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 7:01 pm
As Sora proclaimed himself the social butterfly of the Imperial duo, Saruko looked at Ayumu. "Be very afraid."
"I've had to deal with Han-Han and the imperial kids at the same time once. Since then, I haven't known fear."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat May 30, 2020 7:13 pm

"We Jiyo have to be tough indeed!"

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat May 30, 2020 11:27 pm

Saruko looked very seriously at Ayumu. "Does Han-Han steal your breakfast too?"

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Sat May 30, 2020 11:37 pm

"Wouldn't be Han-Han if he didn't.

Though, as far as food-stealing go, Shinsei's crow could give it a good run for their money."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat May 30, 2020 11:39 pm

She laughed warmly. "Ah. Yes. Karasu is quite the clever little food-thief too."

"I just can't bring myself to be mad for long at either of them though... especially Han-Han since I haven't seen him in so long. The children must be very happy with him around?"

Theme 2Profile

Return to “The Supply Wagon”