[Day 7 EE] Independent Study (Expecting)

Reo

[Day 7 EE] Independent Study (Expecting)

Post by Reo » Sat May 30, 2020 8:13 pm

Reo had heard the camp buzzing with rumors for hours when he made his way back to camp, and they concerned a certain redhead he knew about. Curious, he seeks out Satone.

"So I heard you got hit so hard you saw end of creation." The words come out matter of fact. "Did you find what you were looking for?"

Unlike before he now has the mon of Spider on his person.
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan | Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade, 3 uses of jade dust

Seidou Satone

Re: [Day 7 EE] Independent Study (Expecting)

Post by Seidou Satone » Sat May 30, 2020 8:18 pm

Still sitting against a log by her and Haruyo's tent, Satone raises her head to see who addressed her, having nodded off a little.

"Ah, excuse me, just resting. Ren, wasn't it? And to answer you're question, it was certainly a fearsome blow, but it failed to convince me that they are actual gods walking among us. Maybe they once were divine, but now they seem no more than superbly strong humans, or something that looks like human. Or blessed by the spirits. I don't know."

"Plus, they all hold the same stance so far, that we must all join them, for they seek to lift up the world and make it better, but they don't talk about what truly comes when you follow someone. I don't think our ways of life will be preserved. I am at a loss for what to do."
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil
Bodyguard for Seidou Haruyo

Reo

Post by Reo » Sat May 30, 2020 8:38 pm

"Reo." The words once again come out matter of fact, but somehow more distant.

"Well, what is a god? A spirit of sufficient power? Enough to silence whoever says otherwise?" The man shrugs. "It's out of my wheelhouse other than asking philosophical. But yeah, you shouldn't join up with anyone if you don't believe in what they stand for."
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade, 3 uses of jade dust

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sat May 30, 2020 8:46 pm

"My apologize, Reo. My head is still swimming a bit from the blow. I notice you now have chosen a side. Why?"
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil

Reo

Post by Reo » Sat May 30, 2020 9:10 pm

"Honestly?" There is something in his tone that typically isn't there. A wry smile tugs at his lips.

"It wasn't because I believe in the kami. The Spider one is currently stuck in this crater that we are traveling to. For all I know, his "bride to be" is going on an elaborate con. But if she is, I think there's good in it."

"Spider's thing is that they are all one big family. A dysfunctional family of miscreants, and they don't seem to care about how, well, weird I am. They just seem to believe in looking our for each other. They're all extremely different too: a pragmatic old cuss, an exuberant but rougher woman, and a serene romantic lady. All types, and they've never made demand or ask that I change."

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sat May 30, 2020 9:11 pm

"They have said you are not expected to change? What if the Emperor outlaws something you enjoy, or sets a new custom like this Iaijutsu I have heard of to settle disputes?"

Satone sits up a little, a bit more engaged

Reo

Post by Reo » Sat May 30, 2020 9:29 pm

"Huh. It hasn't come up yet."

Reo muses. "I've been so focused on the task at hand I hadn't thought that far ahead. So many of the Kakita had already jumped onto Doji that a clan taking over my own home seemed inevitable."

"Reiko would speak better on that. She's the one engaged to Fu Leng. But I gotta say, odds seem better to set up customs before you get a kami looking over your shoulder."

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sat May 30, 2020 9:34 pm

"That's my biggest concern. No one has been able to assure me that my way of life, and more importantly, Haruyo's, who is a spiritual leader for the remaining Seidou, will be protected and preserved. The Kami all talk about how they are here to enlighten and unify mankind, to uplift us to heights we can't even imagine, but they all expect us to join, or leave. It feels like a polite conquering."

Reo

Post by Reo » Sat May 30, 2020 10:02 pm

Reo pauses. "It's a realistic one. Imagine building an entire debate system over who can draw a blade faster."

He shakes his head.

"I would say that I doubt Spider would enforce it among themselves, but that might be cold comfort. Do you want to find Reiko and ask? She would be the best one to give you am answer...and I want to hear this too."

He cocks his head to the side. "Huh, you had to get punched to get answers about that? You're more inquisitive and analytical than I thought."

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sat May 30, 2020 10:06 pm

"The challenge was for me to know if they were truly gods. I had these doubts before, but now I am more convinced. Mankind can be ugly, and these who have now taken over the land are mere man. Just very, very, powerful men."

Reo

Post by Reo » Sat May 30, 2020 10:19 pm

"I don't know...doesn't that make it better?" Reo shrugs.

"I mean, if we hadn't heard any of the stuff about gods descending, and it was just one hell of a dysfunctional family that was charismatic and potent masters of their skills and they wanted to form their own tribes by marrying into high ranking members of the old, we would have to worry about the same things. And if they're just men, they can be killed. One way or another." There is an edge to Reo's smile. "In fact, that's the story with the Bat clan one. He's dead, innie?"

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sat May 30, 2020 10:57 pm

"If it was just one tribe, it would be fine, but the problem is they are taking EVERY tribe and making them under their thumb. And yes, it is a consolidation that they can be killed. That will help me rest a little better, though it would be extremely difficult to do, as no one is left to oppose them in any sizable force."

Reo

Post by Reo » Sat May 30, 2020 11:25 pm

Reo lets out a mix of a laugh and a cough. "Well, it's like you said, they're like men, or close enough for guessing what comes next. From what I know of families, do you think that each family is going to live in harmony for all eternity? At least in my tribe, each family would hate the other half for something or other: not getting the fields they wanted after their father died, or not getting the woman they wanted. Now, these kami are marrying normal people. What's going to happen to their children, when only one inherits, and their children's children. And when one of these new clans wants to farm into the lands of another?"

"They seem united enough now. But if we are talking about human nature, I doubt it is going to be that way for now."

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sat May 30, 2020 11:28 pm

Satone shrugs.

"Who knows how long they will live."

"I can see a benefit to the Spider though, and why you have joined them. I am certainly a bit more open to them than any other, except perhaps Shinjo, though I do not know if she would even want me around after the display this morning"

Reo

Post by Reo » Sun May 31, 2020 12:00 am

"Well your questions are reasonable ones." Reo nods. "If you want to meet Reiko or any of the others they are rather open. If you don't get answers that don't satisfy you, then no pressure."

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sun May 31, 2020 4:03 am

"I certainly will try to speak with her before this is over. So, I've been nursing myself back to full strength all of today, what have the Nezumi to say? I figured after all the wars between us Seidou and them, we wouldn't have been welcome within a mile of here."

Return to “The Camp”