(D7, LN, Open) Watchers of the stars

Jiyo Ayumu

Re: (D7, LN, Open) Watchers of the stars

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Sat May 30, 2020 3:51 pm

Ayumu took a bit of time to think before answering that question:

No. I want good enough to help. Hard explain silent words. Hard explain noisy words too.

No need be very good if enough very good persons already here.

Need be good at things not enough people here good at. I must..."

What came next was hard to understand. He mimicked pouring something into a bowl. Then pointed at the bowl, and signed the bowl was actually the opposite of a thing. Or the opposite of everything. Not quite clear.
Imperial | Former Isawa | Bushi | Artisan | Skeletal
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: What Is Expected | Description

Miyako

Post by Miyako » Sun May 31, 2020 5:45 am

Miyako stood there for a few moments, trying to figure out what Ayumu was saying without saying it. She wasn't quite so sure that she understood it all, but she nodded believing she got the gist of it.

I hope you succeed in that. I know you will succeed in that. The tribeswoman smiled, pleased at her use of the "hope" hand-phrasing successfully that she learned earlier in the evening.

I like use spear. I much like use bow. But if I think, I think I want be good tell story, sing song... talk much. Be known for very good talk. Say much, say little. Some times story, some times song, other times just talk words. But I hope one day I talk and sing and tell story all very good and many people listen. She paused a moment to give her hands a brief rest, still getting used to stringing together everything at a decent pace.

Maybe still be very good with bow too - cannot hurt. She nodded her head in agreement with that and grinned.
Chinsei Tribe * Hunter (Bushi) * Herbalist * Storyteller * Singer * Pleasant-Voiced * Sharp-Eyed? * Talkative! * Night Child
Status: 0.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: Normal / What is Expected

Speaking * Signing
Equipment: Light armor, sturdy clothing, wide-brimmed straw hat, straw cloak, yari, yumi, quiver, water and rations, traveling pack
Profile!

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Sun May 31, 2020 6:57 am

Stories always good. You want go to people far away to tell stories? Or you want people from far away go to you for stories? Who movement?
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Sun May 31, 2020 7:55 am

Seeing the furious and constant hand signing, the Crane daimyo had surmised this was more than mere battle sign and that they were somehow communicating.

How curious.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Miyako

Post by Miyako » Sun May 31, 2020 8:13 am

Some times one, some times other, she signed back, pausing a moment again to rest her hands that were getting a little tired, but also to think more on the question he asked.

I not walk much of land. See and know much of forest of my people. Big city where this journey with people start? First time I in big city. See some grass, see some plains - no time in big mountains, no time in deep swamp. Want walk this land, learn of land, meet and see people and tell story and song. Talk of my people. Learn of other people. Talk of all things. Then in time people come from far to listen to story. But I listen too, listen their story and song and talk of all things. Again she paused, considering things further.

Talk as if I tribe clan, talk for tribe clan. Other people talk as if they are tribe clan, talk for their tribe clan. After much talk, maybe we have common story and song and talk to share. We talk... together. On that last part, she put her hands wide on either side of her before slowly bringing them to just in front of her chest where she folded her hands into one another and then lightly pumped them twice to mimic a handshake between two people.
Chinsei Tribe * Hunter (Bushi) * Herbalist * Storyteller * Singer * Pleasant-Voiced * Sharp-Eyed? * Talkative! * Night Child

Speaking * Signing
Equipment: Light armor, sturdy clothing, wide-brimmed straw hat, straw cloak, yari, yumi, quiver, water and rations, traveling pack
Profile!

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Sun May 31, 2020 4:24 pm

Interesting. Lot of people talking about messages and stories going all around. Good for together. Good for peace.

Maybe we should talk more later. See if I can help you about stories around. Do you know read and write?

Miyako

Post by Miyako » Sun May 31, 2020 11:02 pm

Again Miyako put out her hand and waved it slightly in a so-so motion.

I know some read and write. I have no book, village have few book, so I learn before from one that teach but no good practice read because not many book to read. Some time cousin in Scorpion clan tribe come village and bring new book and I read, but many day since last book. I have write stuff that I use to practice read and write. Get better over many days, have others read my write and help make read and write better. She paused, thinking.

I write with burn wood. I see some write with brush. Write word with brush really... pretty. Really pretty. It took her a moment to find the right word for pretty, one of those abstract concepts they had learned to sign that evening. Want learn write really pretty like that some day. An emphatic nod after that.

Speaking * Signing
Profile!

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:12 am

I write good. But I write pretty no good. Think a few here do. But don't know who.

Never enough books. Should make world with more books. Or world with books easy to get.

Also I'm not happy not can read big rat books. Love if can do that too.

Miyako

Post by Miyako » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:49 am

Maybe one day I write books of story and song when learn write better. Make book, book walk land faster than I walk land, share story and song across land. Help make more book. I ask around and see if one of people teach pretty write.

On his last statement, she had a look of surprise before she continued to sign.

Rat have rat books? I no know rat can read and write and have book. You see rat book? Rat have lots of book?

Speaking * Signing
Profile!

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:18 am

Could start write now. Even if not pretty yet. Write good training for write.

Rats have weird piece of wood. I think same purpose. But don't read with eyes. With... Touch? Smell? Not sure. Mystery now. No more mystery tomorrow after tomorrow maybe.

Miyako

Post by Miyako » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:58 am

I see rat wood stick before. Not know what rat wood stick do. Stick like book for rat but with smell and touch in same way we see book? Very... interesting.

I think about what write. Find very good story, write to book. If I make book, I make sure you get book. She grinned wide at that.

Speaking * Signing
Profile!

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:06 am

And I'll make sure to read it.

"/scene?"

Miyako

Post by Miyako » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:42 am

Hand tired. Thank you for practice! Very good fun time. And Miyako, still grinning, bowed her head in appreciation.

/scene!

Speaking * Signing
Profile!

Return to “The Camp”