[D7 EE] I Saw the Sign (open)

Miyako

Re: [D7 EE] I Saw the Sign (open)

Post by Miyako » Sun May 31, 2020 8:25 am

Miyako continued to practice her signs, the addition of addressing groups and people adding much to the way she could converse, so much so that in her head she spun out a story about an impending marriage ceremony in her village as a story for her to use as practice, the spirits of the forest coming to offer their blessings and all.

How are you tonight? I am very good. We went at the forest and hunt stag and rabbit. Hunt very good today. They over there did not hunt. They went to mountain to get much rock for make new rock hut in village for new man and woman together. Soon man and woman together much time, village very happy, village cook and eat much rabbit, drink much drink, be happy for man and woman that they be together. Much hope in village that fate for man and woman is many happy children. Many spirit come from forest to visit village for happy over man and woman: no eat food, no drink, but they much happy and be happy and sing and dance for man and woman too!
Chinsei Tribe * Hunter (Bushi) * Herbalist * Storyteller * Singer * Pleasant-Voiced * Sharp-Eyed? * Talkative! * Night Child
Status: 0.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: Normal / What is Expected

Speaking * Signing
Equipment: Light armor, sturdy clothing, wide-brimmed straw hat, straw cloak, yari, yumi, quiver, water and rations, traveling pack
Profile!

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Sun May 31, 2020 8:47 am

Seppun Dawei wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 1:03 am
Dawei continues to practice, miming motions and having a somewhat goofy grin return to his face again and again.
Aono smiled, watching him. He must be practicing frequently outside of the lessons, she thought. He didn't need any correcting and he was actually forming coherent phrases.
Hanzou wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 1:40 am
Hanzou's eyes were more on Miuna than her signs, but he managed to follow the lesson. The discussion at hand was an interesting one. He'd never given much thought about languages or his ability to understand spirits the way he did.
Miuna kept stealing glances at Hanzou, delighted that every time she looked at him he seemed to be looking ar her as well. She smiled warmly at him the next time she caught his gaze.
Miyako wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 6:01 am
(Snip)
Miuna signed, "Well done!" and Aono shared the sentiment. "Outstanding, a very beautiful name, Miyako-san."
Kyosei of the Isawa wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 7:02 am
Kyosei continued to observe. He wasn't really trying to do the moves himself, just watching, observing. Absorbing.
Aono nodded to the man, appreciating his presence, whatever form it took.
Miyako wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 8:25 am
(Snip)
Miuna clapped her hands together happily. "Wow! What a great story!" She signed. Aono said, "That was such a lovely story, and very clearly communicated. I can tell that you've been practicing." The pair of sisters beamed at Miyako with pride.
Ki-Rin • Blessed by Tengoku • Dangerous Beauty • Deaf • Feisty
• Shugenja • Small • Soft-hearted

Miuna | Aono | Description

Miyako

Post by Miyako » Sun May 31, 2020 9:54 am

"I've certainly been trying! I think when I can tell one of my stories with my hands fully rather than with my words, that will show that I have got it!" the tribeswoman beamed, but in a moment she felt a twinge of pain in her right hand and winced a little before she shook both of her hands out in front of her.

"... but after some time it starts to hurt a little bit. I imagine for you both it comes easy as you've been doing it all your lives. I hope over time to be able to do it for longer - I think the hand strength will help with my bowmanship and other things as well," she commented as she squeezed the fingers of her hands into her palms a couple times.
Chinsei Tribe * Hunter (Bushi) * Herbalist * Storyteller * Singer * Pleasant-Voiced * Sharp-Eyed? * Talkative! * Night Child
Status: 0.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: Normal / What is Expected

Speaking * Signing
Equipment: Light armor, sturdy clothing, wide-brimmed straw hat, straw cloak, yari, yumi, quiver, water and rations, traveling pack
Profile!

Return to “The Camp”