Gathering Dragons (D7, Early Evening)

Togashi Saruko

Gathering Dragons (D7, Early Evening)

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 29, 2020 6:50 am

(Expecting, but it's camp so not private. Please ask if joining though :) )

Having returned from the Nezumi City, Saruko was at work drawing and illustrating as much as possible of what she had seen. On the parchments next to some of the illustrations there were little notes written.

She was sitting cross-legged outside her tent where the Dragons had set up theirs, fingers stained with charcoal and a couple of smudges elsewhere on her as she worked. The dinner she had brought from the kitchen was next to her and slowly turning cold, as it seemed she had had ideas of eating while working.
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Wu

Re: Gathering Dragons (D7, Early Evening)

Post by Wu » Fri May 29, 2020 6:56 am

''You might want to eat while it is still edible''

The voice familiar came from the edge of the camp and coming closer. Wu had been reviewing his and Mirumoto's writings a few hour, only returning now from a brisk walk.

''It is no time for waste.'' he finished before sitting not to far
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 29, 2020 7:03 am

"Hm?" she looked up, at first confused, then quickly saw who it was. "Oh. Right... thank you." There was a brief, sheepish laugh.

"I was just so caught up in... everything I've seen today. I never thought we'd see anything like this!" Even as she was pretty excited over the city, she put away her drawings for now and picked up her bowl of food.

"Did you get a chance to look around too?"
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Togashi Nadare

Post by Togashi Nadare » Fri May 29, 2020 8:21 am

"Quite fascinating, wouldn't you agree?" Nadare appeared from somewhere. Or had he been there the whole time?

"The architecture. The...giant rats." He smirked and took a seat. "Oh I meant to say, those mushrooms you picked are perfectly safe."
Dragon ClanEarthTattooed • Herbalist • Sane • Enlightened
Samurai Without Borders (Co-founder)
Tattoos: Lion (Chest); Balance (Back)
Equipment: Yumi, knife, sturdy clothing, travel pack.

Wu

Post by Wu » Fri May 29, 2020 8:28 am

Wu could not quite hide the surprise in his face when the monk manifested from the void

''Ahem...yes, yes indeed. The exterior structures are quite beautifil and the tunnelwork in impressive.'' he said with a nod ''I did not see many ogres or goblins, however. I would have liked to talk with them.''
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 29, 2020 8:31 am

"Ah, that's a relief to know, Nadare." She seemed relieved, before quickly scooping some food into her mouth.

There was a moment of silent chewing as she looked to Wu. She swallowed and asked, "You wanted to talk to ogres and goblins?"

Theme 2Profile

Wu

Post by Wu » Fri May 29, 2020 8:58 am

''Correct. I was curious about learning from them'' he clarified ''About their treatment and their culture''

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 29, 2020 9:03 am

All she knew about ogres were sadly that they were big brutes who often attacked Seidou and Ratlings alike. Of the goblins she knew very little.

"Hmmm... maybe the Nezumi might know more about them, and what they're like? I'm afraid I don't know much about them, and they're not spirit-walkers either so I've never met any of them there." A shame. Had they been from another realm, she might've known something.

"Have you both remembered to eat today too?" Saruko asked, and took another mouthful of food herself.

Theme 2Profile

Wu

Post by Wu » Fri May 29, 2020 9:37 am

''I do not know much myself except they were kept as slaves by the nezumi.'' he admitted ''The more reason to speak with them''

He glanced at the bowl

''I did. How were the negociations?''

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 29, 2020 9:40 am

She sighed. "Slavery sadly seems to be a thing of the south..." were the Nezumi and Ogres existing in a cycle of hate and rage against eachother?

"They went... well enough. I guess it was a good thing that I came along, as I seem to be the closest thing we have to a diplomat?"

Theme 2Profile

Wu

Post by Wu » Fri May 29, 2020 9:44 am

''Hmm'' came as an odd comment ''What deal was struck?''

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 29, 2020 10:35 am

"The Nezumi have agreed to help, and it would seem that we are being allowed to stay here tomorrow as well. It should help some of our resources... water, food, hopefully jade as well. Most of them don't seem to be able to speak our language, but they seem interested enough in trade from what I observed."

It would've been nice if the Nezumi had mobilized too, but she couldn't blame them too much for their choice.

Theme 2Profile

Wu

Post by Wu » Sat May 30, 2020 5:14 am

''Ressource are good, jade is a great addition. If everyone is protected we can grind the jade we have in surplus to coat our weapons'' he said with a nod

''That could make a huge difference.''

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat May 30, 2020 6:27 am

"There was some talk of drawing up borders and such too, as well as accepting a Nezumi representative in the Emperor's court... which I think is a good idea."

The mention of grinding up jade was a curious one. "But ground up jade will be powder, no? How will you coat a weapon with that?"

Theme 2Profile

Wu

Post by Wu » Sat May 30, 2020 6:34 am

''By mixing it with a sticky, oily solution to turn it into a paste.'' he said ''The nezumi warrior Ch'jak'mat explained that they use this against their most dangerous foes. Only jade can pierce their skin.''

Togashi Nadare

Post by Togashi Nadare » Sat May 30, 2020 7:11 am

"Borders? I am sure that will work out well." Perhaps the Clans would be different to the tribes, but he doubted it. With the talk of Jade weapons Nadare looked at his hands and then back at Wu with a grin. "I suppose I shall have to come up with an alternative."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat May 30, 2020 7:47 am

She tapped her chin in thought. "Sticky oily substances should be easier to procure than jade anyway." If jade was the only thing that could hurt some of these, perhaps she would give up one of her jade stones to make sure that the warriors would be able to fight to the best of their abilities. "Sounds like a good idea to make such a substance. Have you told the other warriors about this?"

Saruko looked a little surprised at the Togashi disciple. "Are you going to... punch... the enemy, Nadare?"

Theme 2Profile

Togashi Nadare

Post by Togashi Nadare » Sat May 30, 2020 9:14 am

"Well. Possibly my friend, but only if they refuse to listen to reason." He nodded seriously. "And all other options have been exhausted."

Wu

Post by Wu » Sat May 30, 2020 9:25 am

Wu looked at the monk, at his fist.

''Hmmm'' he frowned ''Gloves...rough gloves could be coated...maybe with riveted joints...''

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat May 30, 2020 9:53 am

She shook her head, although with amusement.

"I don't know how you would do that, but that's more your strength than mine, Wu. I just hope you will both be careful - and if there's anything I can do to help, let me know."

Theme 2Profile

Return to “The Camp”