[D7 LE] Lullabies

Taochusu

Re: [D7 LE] Lullabies

Post by Taochusu » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:25 am

"Still doing it for someone else. We can't do everything for everyone, but even doing one thing for one other person is a kindness. You're looking out for your people. And with the things people have seen and talked about, you still stay despite the danger. Even if it's just to learn how to protect your tribe if the danger moves further north."
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:56 pm

"Well, I guess that's true."

She smiled, offering a small shrug. "I guess we're both good people. Shame that."
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.
Profile :: Themes

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:33 pm

"Most of the people here probably are. Even the ones that don't think of themselves as good people probably aren't so bad as they think."
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:15 am

"Very true."

She laughed. "I've spoken to several who seemed convinced of their own wickedness, even while they were here on a dangerous mission for little to no reward."
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:45 am

"Yeah. Most folks, I think, are probably more concerned with the stuff they've done, rather than the reasons they did it."
Wanderer • Large

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:35 am

"Well... I guess it's a matter of their own conscience, then. I know my tribe try to make our deals openly - so we don't have to keep track of lies or mistakes - better to own them now than see them grow and become monsters beyond our control."

Ryoko was fairly sure that was a good plan - after all, her tribe did it, and they were smart, as far as she could tell.

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:32 am

"Sometimes people do things they don't like just to survive. Or to help others in their tribe. Hard to judge someone for desperation, but not to hold them responsible. Issues can get complex."
Wanderer • Large

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:59 am

"That's true - but it seems better to say what you've done, to avoid having to keep track of a lie..."

Ryoko sighed. "At least, I can't keep track of lies. The truth itself is hard enough."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:01 am

"Keeping track of which plants will make me sick is the only thing I've ever needed to worry about. No need for truth or lies when there's no people around to tell 'em to."
Wanderer • Large

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:12 am

"True... but it does sound rather lonely."

Ryoko plucked at the strings of her instrument idly, expression pensive.

"I know I would have trouble, all on my own."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:53 am

"Honestly, life alone is nothing but difficulty. You get used to it though. Traveling with this expedition, in comparison, is so much easier. I don't have to wonder about my next meal or even necessarily cook it myself. I still go out and hunt for supplies, but it's more out of habit than necessity."
Wanderer • Large

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:09 pm

"Well... you could get used to it."

With a laugh, she added, "I'm sure all of us, if we make it safely home, will have many opportunities to choose among."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:00 pm

"I'd need to make a pretty big choice to have a home to make it to safely. Otherwise it's back into the wilds for me," he says with a smirk.
Wanderer • Large

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:48 pm

"Well, you at least will have the chance to make that choice, if we make it back."

A small shrug, and she rose.

"It was a pleasure playing alongside you - perhaps we will perform again."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:24 am

"I hope we do. It was fun," he says with a nod. I hope you rest well." He gives her a nod.
Wanderer • Large

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:13 am

"You as well. Good night."

Taking the instrument, with only tinges of her envy lurking in the dark places of her heart, largely chased off by conversation, she left to find her bed.

/exit

Return to “The Camp”