[D7 LE] Lullabies

Taochusu

Re: [D7 LE] Lullabies

Post by Taochusu » Fri May 29, 2020 1:05 pm

"I haven't learned about all the clans and the gods in charge of them. I don't even know how likely that would be. I wouldn't want to be part of a clan that would do that though."
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Fri May 29, 2020 10:28 pm

"I wouldn't either, but then, who knows what choices we will have in the coming days."

Shaking her head, she leaned back, casting her gaze around the camp. "They make many promises, but I do not kno whow much they can, or will, deliver."
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.
Profile :: Themes

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Fri May 29, 2020 11:32 pm

"Well, I got a different point of view than a lot of others. Most folks in the world have a group they're a part of. So I don't really need all that many promises fulfilled in comparison. Better to follow someone that keeps their promises, but even if I get to make a life that doesn't involve making my way alone all the time it'd be an improvement."
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sat May 30, 2020 1:56 am

"Well... as I said. You'd make a good Ongaku, if you wanted."

Shaking her head, she added, "But enough of that - if you've been so many places, what sorts did you like best?"
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sat May 30, 2020 2:08 am

"I actually like swamps the most. So much always going on and plenty to eat. And the animals there are less likely to approach a fire too, making them a bit safer if you know what you're doing. Lots of interesting noises and flowers. But mountains are a close second. Open fields and forests are a bit more dangerous if they have big predators. They're really good at going unnoticed and less scared of lights and fire."
Wanderer • Large

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sat May 30, 2020 2:31 am

"Ah. Water buffalo like swamps, so we pass through a few."

With a smile, she added, "I don't prefer them, mostly because of the bugs... I like rolling hills and low mountains, we pass through some in summer, and they're nice and breezy."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sat May 30, 2020 2:59 am

"Bugs are great. If you got nothing else to eat they can keep you going. Sure, they can be annoying, but it's worth it for me to have extra chances to eat around if other food is slim."
Wanderer • Large

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sat May 30, 2020 3:13 am

"Can't eat these... they're tiny, buzzing things, and they bite you and it itches."

She shuddered. "Horrible pests. Luckily one swamp is on the fall portion of the route, and it usually is too cold for them."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sat May 30, 2020 5:14 am

"Gotta smoke those tiny ones out. Throw some wet wood on the fire," he says with a nod. "I know the bad of scratching yourself raw."
Wanderer • Large

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sat May 30, 2020 8:03 am

"Wet wood. Huh."

She pondered that. "I always stayed back for clean air, but maybe I was just making myself a target."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sat May 30, 2020 12:58 pm

"Well, it's either deal with the smoke or the bugs. Sometimes the wood you use can smell nice, even if the smoke can be a bit unpleasant to breath. Always a give and take when you're dealing with stuff that's unpleasant."
Wanderer • Large

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sat May 30, 2020 11:00 pm

"I suppose so."

She laughed.

"So what brought you to this crazy journey? Into the land of Nezumi, and toward, apparently, really frightening things?"

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sun May 31, 2020 1:30 am

"Coincidence. Happened to be in the south and visiting the nearest village when I heard about it. Asked if they could use a hunter and warrior on their trip. Mostly I wanted to see what is farther south, but it seemed like a chance to be with people for a bit longer than one or two days too."
Wanderer • Large

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sun May 31, 2020 2:57 am

"Well, sounds like you'll get your wish on that... just try not to get yourself hurt. I'm hearing this trip could get a lot more dangerous, before we're done."

Ryoko shook her head. "I didn't know, but now I'm hearing there may be monsters."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sun May 31, 2020 4:15 am

"Monsters and danger. Whatever comes it'll be interesting. Maybe not pleasant, but there's a lot in life that isn't. I been living with that reality long enough to not let it get me down or scare me off. I'll be doing what I can to keep the danger on me and away from others. Lost enough folks to know that I'd prefer not to lose anymore. May not have known everyone here very long, and may not even know some of the folks here, but I'll fight to protect them all if it comes to that."
Wanderer • Large

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sun May 31, 2020 6:23 am

Ryoko regarded him thoughtfully. Many thoughts turned over, seeking resolution, and in the end she simply said, "You're a good man, Taochusu. I'm sure any clan would be lucky to have such a generous spirit."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sun May 31, 2020 7:38 am

"Thanks for saying so. But in all honesty, it doesn't matter how good or bad I am. One person can only do so much. What we need is for all of us to be good people. Thats how we get through this expedition and save someone from hell," he says.
Wanderer • Large

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sun May 31, 2020 10:35 am

"Very true."

Ryoko laughed.

"But by being one, you start us in the right direction."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sun May 31, 2020 1:16 pm

"But you sound like a good person to me too. You care about your tribe so I'd guess that you are here and not with them because you wanted to help, unlike me that ended up here by chance more than choice. Not that it wasn't a choice for me once I got the chance, but for you there was the choice to return to your people," he smiled at her.
Wanderer • Large

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sun May 31, 2020 11:05 pm

"Perhaps, I'm here because this is my best chance to see what these kami and clans are about, even if it is a danger."

She frowned, and added, softly, "I'm here because I love my tribe, and I want to bring them the best options I can."

Return to “The Camp”