Jade Works (EM, D7)

Hantei Kinsen

Jade Works (EM, D7)

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu May 28, 2020 8:34 pm

Insistent. As Hantei often described his lovely wife.

Kinsen was all prepped up with perfume, face painting, polished nails, tightly pinned hair comb that allowed a single flock of hair to fall charmingly over her face. Benten would definitely be proud.

With a canteen filled with the tea she prepared earlier on this morning, and other things to snack, the blond woman calls for the Isawa outside his sleeping tent. "Good morning, Kyosei-san. I hope you have slept well."
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Kyosei of the Isawa

Re: Jade Works (EM, D7)

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Thu May 28, 2020 10:05 pm

"Hmm? Rrr, suppose so. Barely feels it." It quickly becomes apparent that he is not, in any sense, a morning person. "Uh, mornin'. How ya doin'?"
Kyosei of the Isawa Tribe
Shugenja • Earth • Experienced • Jade

Glory 2 • Reputation 4 • Status 1
Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.
When out in the area outside the camps, Axe, shovel, bo staff.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri May 29, 2020 12:09 am

"I am doing splendid, thank you." Kinsen smiles warm like the sun, and mentions, "Some hot tea? I just prepared it. Here." The Stag Champion's wife kneels down and opens up a piece of cloth over the ground to pour him a cup of with snacks.

Then, she lifts them up with both hands, in a thankful expression. "Please, enjoy. I am sure it will brighten your day, too."
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Fri May 29, 2020 8:53 am

"uh? Uh, thanks." He takes the cup, and drains half of it in one quick shot. Then, shaking his head, he pulls out a stool, and sets it up beside the other. "Here, have a seat. Uh, and thanks for the food."

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri May 29, 2020 10:14 am

Kinsen is fine kneeling down, actually. But she does appreciate his care, and moves to the stool. Serving another cup, she asks, "You're welcome. I hope you enjoy it. These are the last servings of the snacks from the brewery at the Crab lands."

She puts her hands on her knees, gently inclining herself just a bit forward, to ask, "Kyosei-san. I confess I came here to ask you about the jade you mentioned a couple of days ago. Yet, I wonder, does any of the Kami have something that you thing relate to your purpose in life?"

TN to be recognized is 0

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Fri May 29, 2020 10:23 am

Her questions run through his mind, in one ear and out the other, without appearing to make a dent or impression.

"Huh? What do ya mean?" He drinks a bit more of the tea, taking a bite of the food.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri May 29, 2020 10:28 am

Kinsen looks to the tea and takes a deep breath. She definitely should have made it stronger. Another smile. "Why don't you join the Kami?"

TN to be recognized is 0

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Fri May 29, 2020 11:26 am

"Too many reasons not to. Had an intended; now mated to her, with 3 children. Niece of our tribe's leader. Wouldn't have been a good idea to leave, if I wanted to mate with her, and I did. She's wonderful. Also, got the mine up there. Mostly silver, a little bronze. Can't move a mine with you, if you leave."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat May 30, 2020 12:15 am

"Fair enough. Family and duty are, after all, where our roots grow stronger." She takes a moment to analyze how contradictory it was for him to be here, risking his life, and questions, "Why then did you come in such a dangerous mission like this one. Shouldn't you be there, taking care of wife, children and the mine?"

TN to be recognized is 0

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Sat May 30, 2020 12:50 pm

"I had made a promise to Reiko. And, whatever else might be said of me, I keep my word. Steady, like the Earth."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun May 31, 2020 12:20 am

"A man of honor. I appreciate that." Kinsen smiles and serves additional tea, if he wishes.

Then, she asks, "About the additional jade. Anything we could arrange?"

TN to be recognized is 0

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Sun May 31, 2020 5:30 am

"I do have some additional jade, yes. What are you looking for? What are you offering?"

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun May 31, 2020 5:35 am

“I’m looking the amount you can provide in surplus. A single one would be ok, yet if you have more, I would also be interested. What you are looking for in return?”

TN to be recognized is 0

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Sun May 31, 2020 6:57 am

"Well, the large piece is not available. I feel there is something... special about it, and am still working on it. Smaller pieces; I might be able to give out, say, 2 of them? Maybe 3? Not sure what I want though."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun May 31, 2020 7:01 am

She nods, “Smaller pieces would do, I guess. It is for protection against, well, what we might find. Would some coins to get surplus food from the Stag do?”

TN to be recognized is 0

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Sun May 31, 2020 7:05 am

"It would seem I have something you want, and really need. But, you have little that I really want. Hmm. How much influence would you say you have on the new Emperor?"

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun May 31, 2020 7:33 am

“Influence?” Kinsen frowns, thinking. “Not sure. I don’t think our Emperor would be influenced by me unless he would want to. I am wife to his brother, managed to get a tribe fall into the Clans and he actually taught me how to defend myself. So...”

The Stag takes a deep breath, “What do you have in mind?”

TN to be recognized is 0

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Sun May 31, 2020 7:35 am

"I can see that this Empire is going to expand. It is inevitable. But, I don't want it overrunning Isawa lands. We are a separate people. Mostly self-sufficient, limited trade, hardy. I am looking for reassurances we will either not get run over, or if forced to join, be able to in a position of some influence."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun May 31, 2020 7:38 am

“The Isawa lands are near to the Stag. I am sure dear husband would agree that having someone true to their word, that trusts family and runs a mine would be a person of influence to help build the Clan.”

TN to be recognized is 0

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Sun May 31, 2020 8:47 am

Kyosei shakes his head. "We do not wish to join the Stag. I actually find your husband one of the most acceptable of the little gods. He and Shinjo, and I have heard good things of Shiba, but haven't really had the chance to speak with him. Curious that they are the ones most interested in this expedition, isn't it? No, I am thinking of something else."

He settles back slightly onto his heels, kneeling beside the woman. "I was not born high in power, influence, or family. It was found I could call on the spirits, and I was brought up and trained in such. So, I have a different view of tribes, and now clans. All clans seem like larger tribes. And every tribe wants to be safe. Not all are. In fact, many are not, which probably leads to them joining clans. Clans would need land to support those tribes, then. Which would lead to them expanding the lands they want."

"So, what I am wondering is if we can, should the day come, either join the Imperial household, or become our own clan, with all the responsibilities and abilities of such. I know this is a new thought, so do not require an answer right away. I also know it is not in your power to promise. But, it is what I am thinking of."

Return to “The Camp”