[Day 7 - EE] Sweet Bayushi of Mine

Nanzi

[Day 7 - EE] Sweet Bayushi of Mine

Post by Nanzi » Thu May 28, 2020 1:51 pm

The tents of the Crane were orderly and of course Nanzi’s was replsendnet if only for the blue flag with the proto-mon of the Crane upon it. He sat in his armor, it gleamed, thanks to Jongwun making sure it was cleaned and taken care of as part of her daily duties. Jigutsuji prepared a light meal and there was tea for their evening guest, Courtesy was always first and foremost for the Crane.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Bayushi Umeno

Re: [Day 7 - EE] Sweet Bayushi of Mine

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Fri May 29, 2020 1:01 am

Resplendency wasn't Umeno's sort of thing. She was a simple woman all said and told, and the tents of the Crane were rather... well, they were certainly fancy. Umeno didn't have anything fancy to wear, but considering they were in unknown territory (for humans), she didn't feel out of place keeping her armor on, even if she left both hammers back in her own tent.

Going over things in her head as she approached, she gave a nod, then remembered that bowing thing and did so to those she passed. Finally, reaching the tent she was told to go to, she waited. Umeno didn't want to burst in, but considering people were going in and out all around, she doubted she'd wait long anyway.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Former Kawagaya | Stand-Oafish | Blessed
Carries: Armor, Dai Tsuchi, Tetsubo, Tanto, Hat and Cloak, Pack

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Fri May 29, 2020 1:06 am

Nanzi rose and bowed, "Thank you for joining me, Bayushi-san. Water or tea?"
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Fri May 29, 2020 1:20 am

So that was her lord's brother in law. Made sense she supposed; her was what most would consider the 'best dressed'. She gave a small grunt, then remember a stiff sort of bow. Was that right.

"Ah, well... water's fine... Nanzi... san." All that stuff wasn't something she was quite used to yet, much to Bayushi's exasperation. Copying seemed safe.

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Fri May 29, 2020 1:23 am

He poured water for them both and said, "It has been too long since Nanzi shared words with Bayushi or his followers. How has the journey found you?"

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Fri May 29, 2020 1:28 am

Ah, pleasantries. Just like back in Kuwagaya lands. Umeno gave a sigh and forced a slight smile. "All things considered, I have my health, all my limbs still, and safety. I'd call it dull if anything, though the scenery keeps things novel at least."

She paused to sip the water, a bit surprised water in rat lands could be drinkable, let alone quite... pleasant. She guessed it was a Crane thing. "And what of you? I'm certain Bayushi would appreciate if I made certain his brother in law was safe and well."

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Fri May 29, 2020 1:35 am

"After the incident with the baby and the goat... And Hida, he should be," Nanzi mused.

"How long have you been in my brother's service?"

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Fri May 29, 2020 1:45 am

Goat? Baby? No, she wasn't going to question.

"About a year now. Well... mostly. Took a bit to travel home and get my affairs in order and return, but more or less that. Mostly clearing out bandits from Scorpion lands in that time, until he sent me down here."

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Fri May 29, 2020 1:46 am

"What brought you into his service?" Nanzi asked.

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Fri May 29, 2020 1:49 am

Umeno gave a faint smirk. "Happenstance. I wouldn't presume to say otherwise what made him ask me to follow him. He asked, and I did. Ask him next time you see him if you want a story, assuming he'll share. He's not really the story sort."

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Fri May 29, 2020 1:50 am

"He asked you? Just said excuse me join my clan? No preamble?" He retorted.

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Fri May 29, 2020 1:53 am

"Oh I never said that. No, we had... experience together first. There was a touch of conflict of interest, a weighing of duty, a test of loyalty... didn't ask me until after all that." Umeno shrugged. "Doesn't mean I know the particular reason he asked still. I wouldn't have asked myself if I were in his position."

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Fri May 29, 2020 1:59 am

"Then share with him the tale in full, Nanzi would be honored to hear it as he knows Bayushi well," he said kindly.

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Fri May 29, 2020 2:21 am

Well, if he just wanted a tale... not like she could share her actual story.

"Not really a storyteller Nanzi-san, but I can give a it a try at least, if you really want. I was a member of the Kuwagaya tribe. As I understand it, lots from my tribe went to join your wife in service, so I imagine you know a good bit of stories from my people, how they are and all that. My parents were both fisher people, not an uncommon thing among the kuwagaya in the least, but not my sort of thing."

"In truth, I didn't really know my purpose where I was. I'm a bushi, which isn't unheard of among my former tribe, but most saw it as a sort of side thing to art, or fishing, or trading. Picking up a weapon and fighting was always a last resort for the Kuwagaya, which is why so many welcomed the protection the Kami provided to them from bandits and marauders. A good number went to the Lion for that reason, but it wasn't my sort of thing. The Crane weren't either, no offense. I thought of the Crab for a bit, but in the end, I was still too young five years ago to realize I was just being stubborn and insular, thinking I could handle myself, that I didn't need anyone lording over me like I thought the Kami seemed to want to do."

"It was I suppose the nature of Bayushi that had us meet. As I understand it, most Kami found their lands and followers came to them. A lot gathered many from their tournament, which is how I understand you met your wife. Togashi, Shiba, Hida, all found their homes and stayed, at least as far as I understand. Bayushi seemed to wander for a while after the tournament however, or at least, something brought him to travel through the lands of the Kuwagaya. I don't know if he came through looking for followers, or if he was just traveling looking for something else."

"Regardless, I was young and cocky. I didn't aim to impress him or to try to get him to ask me to do so. No, I thought that I would show one of the sky children what sort of woman I was, that they weren't all that special, that I was a mighty warrior that could more than handle myself. I suppose it was a sort of bitterness that others had left so readily to follow the Kami, a feeling like I was better than them, that I didn't need a lord like they seemed to."

Umeno paused. "...Needless to say, I was wrong. While it's true that Bayushi may not be a strong, powerful Kami, like I understand Hida is, he was more than ready for all I brought. I didn't attack him, have no worries there, but I suppose you could say we sparred and that he won rather decisively. It made me feel ashamed, but all Bayushi said was that he was leaving the next morning, as if it were nothing."

"The next morning I went to the place he was staying to find he was already gone. Dunno what made me do it, but I followed. It was a bit of a game of cat and mouse for a while, like he was avoiding me just enough to see how far I would seek him out, follow him. Ended up following him all the way to Scorpion lands, and... well, he seemed to believe I should follow him as a vassal. Didn't quite think I should at first, but after a bit of a talk, I agreed and... well, the rest is me being here with his name tacked on mine I suppose."

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Fri May 29, 2020 3:20 am

"My wife can easily lift Nanzi over her head, they are mighty indeed," he replied calmly.

"What did you learn from the encounter?"

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Fri May 29, 2020 3:33 am

"Learned? Well, I suppose I learned humility, as well as a bit of discipline. Caution perhaps, though I've always had some." She paused. "And I learned to allow myself to depend on others more. After all, what else is serving a lord but depending on their good judgement?"

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Fri May 29, 2020 3:34 am

"Nanzi assumes you know what a samurai is?" he asked.

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Fri May 29, 2020 3:38 am

That took her a moment of thought. "...I think it's what the Kami have started to call their followers? I think I remember Bayushi mentioning something about that a few times."

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Fri May 29, 2020 3:50 am

Bayushi Umeno wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 3:38 am
That took her a moment of thought. "...I think it's what the Kami have started to call their followers? I think I remember Bayushi mentioning something about that a few times."
"It means servant, our primary role is to serve others for the betterment of the Empire," he responded.

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Fri May 29, 2020 4:00 am

"I suppose that's a different way of saying a vassal. I serve Bayushi, and I trust him enough to say the things he has me do are for... the good of the Empire, as you say." Umeno shrugged. "The title of it doesn't really matter to me. I've made my bed, as they say, and I'll just have to trust all goes well."

Return to “The Camp”