[Day 7 - EA] Profitable Prophet Punching Presentation

Nanzi

[Day 7 - EA] Profitable Prophet Punching Presentation

Post by Nanzi » Thu May 28, 2020 1:36 pm

The Nanzi daimyo sat and waited for his guest while Jongwun practiced her stance and Jigutsuji did his best to record everything he could of the rat people. Jongwun was noticeably irritable and did not like the sight of the city, it was too big… too imposing, too much.

Nanzi seemed relaxed as he waited for his guest, he had concerns and they would be addressed, one way or another.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Shinsei

Re: [Day 7 - EA] Profitable Prophet Punching Presentation

Post by Shinsei » Thu May 28, 2020 3:06 pm

Among many other things that were attributed to Shinsei, he was also quite capable of punctuality, and arrived on time to the summons he had received without any fuss. He was dressed, as always, in his loose fitting hooded robe and dark colored under clothes, and walked with a steady, unhurried gait.

The crow was sitting on his shoulder, as it was known to.

When he was finally brought before Nanzi, he bowed, knowing it was the way Doji preferred to greet others, but he did not speak, choosing only to stare at Nanzi from beneath his hood, as trying to weigh the man's intentions.
Mysterious Stranger | Ascetic | Enlightened

Run by GM Bakuriel

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Thu May 28, 2020 5:41 pm

Nanzi bowed and then said, "Shinsei-sensei, they call you a teacher, yes? Nanzi of the Crane greets you. Shall we sit and have some refreshments?"
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Thu May 28, 2020 10:21 pm

"They do call me that, yes. I would be pleased to partake of some refreshments, Nanzi-sama, though I must apologize ahead of time for Karasu. One never knows what he'll get up to around food." He took a seat carefully, seemingly well versed in the manners Doji was so fond of, or at least moreso than many others tended to be.

Run by GM Bakuriel

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Thu May 28, 2020 10:23 pm

Jongwun poured tea for them both and placed down some dried fruit in a bowl. He nodded his thanks to the woman and then said, “So what is your purpose here, Shinsei-san? Why risk your life on this endeavor?”

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Thu May 28, 2020 10:43 pm

Shinsei raised one eyebrow as Nanzi went past any pretense, though the motion was probably lost in the shadows of his hood. "I am here, risking my life, because one of the Kami stands literally at the mouth of hell resisting its corruption. I cannot allow him to pass into the grasp of Jigoku, nor can I sit idly by while others take a risk I'm more than willing to take myself."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Thu May 28, 2020 10:50 pm

“Nanzi finds that an admirable goal. Though anyone else here can make such a claim,” he said taking a sip.

“What are your thoughts on the expedition?”

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Thu May 28, 2020 10:57 pm

"Admirable, but not as prepared as we need to be." He mimicked Nanzi somewhat, in that he interrupted himself with a sip as well. "No fault of those preparing the expedition, mind. The hurried nature of the mission, along with the overall lack of knowledge of Jigoku, have put us in a precarious situation. Yet there is little I can think that could have gone differently. I don't believe one can ever be prepared enough for an endeavor like this."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Thu May 28, 2020 11:00 pm

"You speaks as if you know Jigoku," he responded.

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Thu May 28, 2020 11:04 pm

"Some. When the expedition was originally suggested, I came to the edges of its influence to observe what I could. Much of the preparations had already begun by the time I returned. In fact," he sipped again, "I've been traveling nonstop since then, as we left the same day I returned."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Thu May 28, 2020 11:08 pm

"Are you willing to share these insights?" he asked thoughtfully.

"Nanzi enjoys surprises, but he doubts he would enjoy one sprung by Jigoku."

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Thu May 28, 2020 11:19 pm

"I have been sharing what I can with those who I've managed to contact this far. The assistance provided by jade has, rather belatedly, begun circulation, though it is no guarantee against the corrupting influence by itself. As for the denizens of Jigoku..." Shinsei shook his head slowly. "I observed some, but much of what I gathered game from the battered Nezumi, and even then they barely spoke beyond accusations and inspecting me for corruption."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Thu May 28, 2020 11:23 pm

“Where do you come from Shinsei, what were your people like? Many seem to trust you, but Nanzi has not had good experiences with supposed holy and wise prophets, so Nanzi is dubious of wise souls,” he said honestly.

“More often charlatans using cryptic words to cajole the foolish.”

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Thu May 28, 2020 11:40 pm

Shinsei merely smiled at that, and inclined his head casually to one side. "Have I referred to myself as such? I don't quite recall doing so, but many have made the decision to call me wise and seek my council, and I will my deny them what they ask of me. If any were to follow another's words without question, mine included, I might be inclined to consider them foolish, as well. But I really try to refrain from such harsh judgments."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Thu May 28, 2020 11:43 pm

"Again who are your people, where do you hail?" he asked.

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Thu May 28, 2020 11:52 pm

He spread his hands, the smile on his lips never wavering. "I have given up all claims but that of Ningen-do, and all peoples in favor of mankind itself. I place the value of my life in who I am in the here and now. I should think you would respect the notion Nanzi of the Crane."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Thu May 28, 2020 11:59 pm

“Indeed, so you are bound to no one but all of mankind. That is a large family, some very good and some very bad,” he responded.

“What brought you to this path?”

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Fri May 29, 2020 12:08 am

Shinsei nodded very vaguely towards the sky. "In truth I have viewed mankind as my responsibility for much of my life, but ultimately I chose my place when gods fell from the sky and began telling mortal men how they should live their lives. I may have been Shinsei before then, but that day is when I truly took up the mantle."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Fri May 29, 2020 12:15 am

"Man has been telling man how to live since the beginning of time, why so adamant to intervene when the Gods that walk as Men, do so?" he said.

"They did not command, they did not conquer, they bettered the lives of the Seppun. The Seidou. The Kakita. The Goguryeoji. And other lesser tribes of the Protected Lands. Man did a shit job of things as far as Nanzi can see. If anything Nanzi finds it loathsome that so many want to cling to shit covered mud huts and old ways that are inferior to newer and better paths."

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Fri May 29, 2020 12:21 am

"Spoken like a true conqueror, Nanzi-sama. Perhaps not a tyrant, or a fool, or even a man of evil intent. But it matters not whether you impose your will against others by force or bribery or the belief that your actions are bettering the lives of your lessers. By viewing them as lesser than yourself, you have elevated yourself above them, and risen to the position of conqueror as surely as any barbarian wielding an axe and a grudge."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Return to “The Camp”