Itsy Bitsy Spiders (D7 EA Private)

Ninube

Itsy Bitsy Spiders (D7 EA Private)

Post by Ninube » Thu May 28, 2020 2:27 pm

Ninube approached Reiko's tent, let her know she was there, and waited for the permission to enter.
Spider Clan * "Scout" * Unloved By Her Ancestors

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Reiko

Re: Itsy Bitsy Spiders (D7 EA Private)

Post by Reiko » Fri May 29, 2020 3:30 am

Reiko was very easy to find; she often sat outside her tent, reading a scroll or two. This time was no different, the champion of the Spider had her nose deep in the reading.
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Fri May 29, 2020 3:48 am

Ninube gives an awkward bow. "Hey, Reiko-sama. Can we talk? I have a few things on my mind."

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Fri May 29, 2020 4:03 am

Reiko peered up, before giving the woman a smile and a bow.

"Ninube-san, it is lovely to see you. How can I be of assistance? Is it something you need to discuss in private?"
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Fri May 29, 2020 4:46 am

"Eh, maybe? Err... yeah. It probably should be. I mean most of it is probably OK, whatever, but some of it should be private."

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Fri May 29, 2020 5:00 am

Reiko carefully folded up her scrolls, before using her walking stick to help her stand.

"Come into my tent, we can discuss there" she motioned into the tent. Inside was two futons rolled out, and a lot of carefully stacked away armours and scrolls.

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Fri May 29, 2020 5:23 am

Ninube followed and sat down. "So, I'll start with the simplest. Phi. We have been getting along and I think she would be an excellent addition to the Clan. She's a skilled scout like me and well, she's the type to make problems disappear. She plans on going to Bayushi, but if he doesn't accept her or he is not the one she wants, I think we should try to recruit her."

Ninube took a deep breath. "I invited a tribe of humans and ogres to visit our lands. I figure we could recruit them or at least it would be useful to have friends in a tribe that travels especially for what I want to do."

Ninube looked down and collected herself. She then looked at her current Clan Champion. "I have been trying to figure out what I will be when this is over. I am thief. Sure, I might make a decent scout now, but what after rescuing Fu Leng?"

Ninube looked up, the nervousness was strange. Why be so worried about talking? She lookwd back at Reiko. "I talked with Shinjo. I wanted to see what Fu Leng was like. So, I could find a way to serve him. A few of the things that stood out to me is his interests in magic, knowledge, and creating magical contlstructs of creatures Shinjo would draw."

Ninube shrugged. "I have no talent for magic. Nor the ability to make things. But knowledge? Well, I admit I am not smart. But I can get things."

Deep breath. "So, I was thinking we could make one a library thing like the Nezumi have. I could travel the land getting knowledge for the library, and if there is some that Fu Leng, or you, or really anyone wants that other people don't want to give..... well, that's when my real talents can still serve the Clan."

Ninube sighs. "And if I need to marry a smart person to run it, I will. I just... like the idea of it being my project. So, a spouse who runs it would make sense. I even have an idea for the name. Seekers of Knowledge."

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Sun May 31, 2020 1:30 am

Reiko listened, nodding along, then went silent for a short while to think before smiling and chuckling.

"You have been thinking and planning a lot Ninube-san. More than even I have! I'll try to answer all of your concerns though."

She crossed her hands in her lap, looking in the direction of Ninube.

"I know Phi-san quite well, and she isn't one to be pushed in a direction. She prefers to walk her own path, and if that brings her to us she'll be welcomed like all of our kin have. We met a few years ago and discussed this trip that we're now on."

She paused a moment, before continuing.

"As for the invitation, it's a wonderful idea. Which tribe is it? Although we'll need some time to help Fu Leng adjust and see what he wishes to do, I see no issue with this. As for your final comment...I'm relieved, truly relieved. Creating a library like what the Nezumi have done is extremely high on my list of things to do, I am an avid pursuer of scholarly interests. Fu Leng has the foremost knowledge on the spirit realms, far beyond even what we can imagine. There will be much to record, and if you wish to form this Seekers of Knowledge you may do so with my blessing. Although with your skills, and how highly you speak of Phi-san, perhaps the two of you would make a good union?" she winked at Ninube, smiling at her "both myself and Fu Leng would be very excited to see a library of knowledge grow within our clan, I hope you'd be ok with myself being quite involved in it?"

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Sun May 31, 2020 4:36 am

"Well, yeah. I have been planning a lot. I... I have been scared of not having a place after we rescue Fu Leng. So, I have been trying to find one. I..." She stops to consider for a moment. "I don't remember having a family. My earliest memories were begging for scraps. I traveled the land because I had nothing. No family. No home. But now... I feel like I can have such things in the Spider. I want to have a place here. I want to do everything I can for the Clan."

She gives a soft smile as she thinks back what was about half a year ago but seemed a life time ago. "I remember what you said when I accepted the offer to join the Spider Clan. 'You're home now.' I thought at the time, you were putting a nice face on a prison sentence. But I realized over time that you were genuine. I was a Spider not out of punishment but because you wanted to give me a home. I want to repay that. You said I had a destiny. I find it hard to believe, but if I do, let it be in service to the Spider."

After deep breath, Ninube moves on. No need to stat too emotional. "I think they are Takemori tribe, though the woman I met was named Ongaku no Ryoko."

Ninube smiled. "Thank you for approving my idea." She felt like she had a path to follow now. "I have been trying to learn more things, but any help would be appreciated. I know my limits. So, thank you in advance for helping. I also think we should have a second, secret library for knowledge that is too dangerous for most people. Reserved only for those approved by people like you and Fu Leng."

She looks at Reiko, thinking. She was surprised by one idea Reiko had brought up. "As far as Phi goes, like you said, she walks her own path, and that path seems to be leading her to Bayushi. I would be surprised if she doesn't join the Scorpion, but just want to leave the door open for her. As for marriage... well, I hadn't consider that. I was thinking of someone who could complement my weaknesses. Someone who is better at handling the knowledge than getting it like myself. I mean, I wouldn't oppose the idea. Just hadn't considered." Marrying her friend? That did seem pretty weird to Ninube. Her approach to marriage, like most things, was fairly in the realm of what is the benefit?

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:16 am

"It does seem to surprise people when I am entirely genuine with what I say" Reiko said, a small teasing smile on her face "I'm not sure what people were expecting of me, although i accept that perhaps the tribe of Isawa is not the best viewed tribe. Still, I'm glad you now feel at home. I have foreseen great things from you, Ninube-san. Even if you don't see it now, I believe in you. I believe in all of my kin, and I know when Fu Leng is home he will too."

She nodded at the suggestion. "There are many things in this world that are dark and evil. Keeping the knowledge of those will be important, even if such knowledge is not openly shared. I'll be cataloging all of that mentally, as I was wary of writing it down for the moment, in case it fell into the wrong hands. This will be something we can work to put together once we return, like your union. I was not entirely serious about Phi-san, just if such a thing was of your interest I would do anything I could to sort it. Someone intelligent? Hmm, I may know a few that have followed me from the Isawa. There is also one or two from other clans, such as the Bat."

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:57 am

"Well, it was less that I thought you weren't genuine and more that you had just caught me stealing from you." Ninube gives a soft chuckle and since she has a hard time processing positive nurturing emotions, she moves on.

"I will be happy with whoever you decide. I mean, I never consider really consider marriage before and well... I mean," She blushed before she got ahold of herself. "I lived a life of travel. A child... alone... yeah, best I ignore any interest like that. So, um, I leave that to you. I, um, dunno what to, uh, look for. I mean other than someone who can look after the library." Ninube was still quite embarrassed about this talk and quite annoyed at herself since she brought it up in the first place.

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:46 am

"Life is unpredictable. It was only five years ago that my life was likely just to remain as a prophet of the Isawa tribe. Now, I am a clan champion, having to learn how to guide those and run a clan. It's fascinating how the times change, ne?"

Reiko reached over, placing her hand on Ninubes shoulder.

"One thing I will say, is no matter who your union will be with, it will be a good one. I'm sure of it. Call it a seers hunch."

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:33 am

Ninube gave a smile. "I know Reiko-sama. I trust you in that and all things."

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:27 am

"Good" Reiko smiled and nodded "is there anything more I can help with, my friend? I do somewhat feel useless on this expedition, with my obvious issues, however from a knowledge standpoint I believe I can offer something."

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:07 am

"Useless? You're why we are here. You're a leader. I haven't had someone like that for a long time, if ever. Maybe the village chief when I was a kid. But he mainly told me to stop doing stuff and I ignored him anyways. But it's good to know there's someone who can lead. I feel like we know where we're going thanks to you. I feel.... safe. As terrible as some of the things ran into. As terrible as the things we will run into. I feel safer with you leading than when I was on my own."

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:07 pm

Reiko blushed at that, looking down at her hands.

"You're too kind, Ninube-san. I have done everything I can to prepare and guide everyone, and it's wonderful that it's helped. From here on out though we will need those who are strong and perceptive. I'm wary of taking too much of that away because of a need to protect me. However, I won't give up. I'll continue to give everyone my support as best I can. We must save him."

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:25 am

Ninube nods. "We must." She smiles at her mistress. "Well, I think I have taken enough of your time. I will be on my way if you do not need anything of me."

Return to “The Camp”