The Swamp of Sorrows [D5 LN]

Nanzi

Re: The Swamp of Sorrows [D5 LN]

Post by Nanzi » Tue May 26, 2020 5:40 am

Taochusu wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 5:29 am
"Not really an argument for a place where something is trying to mess with our heads," Taochusu says.
“A samurai does not pick and choose when they adhere to Honor, it is constant and worse spoken even in haste ill framed words are bound by Honor,” he said narrowing his eyes at the giant interjecting himself into a matter beyond his concern.

To Phi he nodded and relaxed, “Then Nanzi sees no fault by the one known as Phi, one must be strong but to be samurai is to be a servant and know that we may have to depend on others to survive what is to come. Nanzi is impressed by your tenacity, he prays that his brother, Bayushi-ue sees it as well.”

“But yes we should return with haste, the powers of Jigoku are at work and seek to impede our progress.”
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue May 26, 2020 5:46 am

Phi relaxed as well and nodded. "I hope he does too," she said before turning back to Miuna and offering her an arm to help get some distance. She wasn't above speaking with the others still, but she wanted distance from the bog and to get this woman back to camp so she could dry off. She leaned in close and tried to whisper to Miuna. "Are you alright?" Still very much unaware of her affliction.

In her mind, she was thinking quite a few things about Nanzi and this whole 'Honor' business, but she'd keep those to herself. She knew better. Maybe she'd try that bowing trick sometime. It seemed to work.
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Jin

Post by Jin » Tue May 26, 2020 5:47 am

Jin nods and turns to Miuna, offering the best smile he can given the circumstance, "Do you feel ready to head back to camp?" His hand gestures don't really match any of the sign language anyone might have seen from her in the past relying more on body language and shared experience to cover what lip reading could not.
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Tue May 26, 2020 5:49 am

"Yes. Let's back to camp. Swiftly."

Dawei shakes himself again. Such of him as shows in the darkness is doubtlessly pale, shaken by the experience.

"If this is what we face...I am concerned for our fellows. We must advise them."
Seppun Dawei
Stag Clan * Bushi * Quiet * O-Iemoto * Experienced
Status 2.0, Glory 2.0, Reputation 4.5
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking
Description from Dawn 1 * Current Description
Player based in Kerrville, Texas

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Tue May 26, 2020 5:55 am

"Well, I'm not a samurai," he says, gesturing in the direction of the camp. He clearly had no concern or care for the concepts Nanzi was bandying about, ready to take up the rear. "I'd really prefer that nobody gets swallowed by the evil, mind controlling swamp."

He moves to take a rear guard position.
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Tue May 26, 2020 5:58 am

The non-samurai did not merit a response as he took a position at the front.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace

Ryoshun Taiko

Post by Ryoshun Taiko » Tue May 26, 2020 6:03 am

Taiko was so swept up in his vision that he wasn't aware of the plights of the others until they had already all been dragged out of the muck.

Glancing around, he saw talk of heading back to camp, so moved to take a point position, torch and sword at the ready.

"The sooner away from here the better." He mumbled to himself in spite of the voice in his head pleading him to stay.

He knew it wasn't her, but the voice was so convincing he had to get away.
Bat Clan * Smith * Bushi * Drunkard * Hears Voices*Bluntly Honest
Description
Disembodied voice only I can hear

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Tue May 26, 2020 6:11 am

Phi wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 5:46 am
Phi relaxed as well and nodded. "I hope he does too," she said before turning back to Miuna and offering her an arm to help get some distance. She wasn't above speaking with the others still, but she wanted distance from the bog and to get this woman back to camp so she could dry off. She leaned in close and tried to whisper to Miuna. "Are you alright?" Still very much unaware of her affliction.

In her mind, she was thinking quite a few things about Nanzi and this whole 'Honor' business, but she'd keep those to herself. She knew better. Maybe she'd try that bowing trick sometime. It seemed to work.
Miuna stiffened as Phi leaned in, not being able to read her lips and sensing only her body language. She didn't understand why Phi leaned close, but relaxed after she realized nothing was happening. She was still trembling from the cold but felt much safer next to Phi.
Jin wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 5:47 am
Jin nods and turns to Miuna, offering the best smile he can given the circumstance, "Do you feel ready to head back to camp?" His hand gestures don't really match any of the sign language anyone might have seen from her in the past relying more on body language and shared experience to cover what lip reading could not.
She smiled at Jin, and under less distraught circumstances she would have complimented his impromptu signing, feeling reassured that there was someone here that could understand her. She nodded at his question, taking Phi's arm and walking closely beside her. What a frightening experience, she thought, I'm very fortunate that I wasn't alone. She would feel indebted to Phi, and hope to repay her selflessness one day.
Ki-Rin • Blessed by Tengoku • Dangerous Beauty • Deaf • Feisty
• Shugenja • Small • Soft-hearted

Miuna | Aono | Description

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue May 26, 2020 6:21 am

Phi blinked, holding the woman's arm as she walked and looking over at Jin's flashing hands. "Wh...why are you doing that, sir?" she said, her eyebrow raising and the confusion very much evident. She was hovering protectively over her as they walked, putting distance with the mire and the bog. Until she had Miuna back safe and sound, she wasn't going to feel comfortable. She personally felt a bit like she'd screwed up here today, after all. If she hadn't gotten caught up, maybe she could have stopped a few of them first.
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Jin

Post by Jin » Tue May 26, 2020 6:38 am

Jin offers a smile at the woman's protective stance, "Miuna, of the Shinjo, was a student of mine. Sadly she is a better learner than I am sometimes. She is deaf and communicates mainly via symbols made by the hands. I fear I am a poor example of the art and not just for obvious reasons." He holds up the where his right hand should be.
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Inga

Post by Inga » Tue May 26, 2020 6:48 am

Inga decided that instead of walking aimlessly in the swamp, she would figure out where the camp was. She looked around for clues on their position and the distance from the camp. "Follow me, I think this is the way to the encampment." She said to no one in particular.

//LN 5 Event Fluff Hunting tracking back to camp: 21
♧Shoji tribe ♧Bushi ♧Unlucky ♧Daredevil ♧Superstitious ♧Fortune Teller ♧Haunted ♧ Very Unfortunate
♧Glory: 1 ♧Reputation: Untrustworthy ♧Status:1

Equipment: Bow, quiver, Light armor, Finger of Jade, Tanto,

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Tue May 26, 2020 6:51 am

Inga wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:48 am
Inga decided that instead of walking aimlessly in the swamp, she would figure out where the camp was. She looked around for clues on their position and the distance from the camp. "Follow me, I think this is the way to the encampment." She said to no one in particular.

//LN 5 Event Fluff Hunting tracking back to camp: 21
"Lead on then," Nanzi said to the woman.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue May 26, 2020 7:07 am

Focusing on support, Phi nodded in thanks as Inga led the way, glancing over at Jin. "I see," she said, a little heat in her cheeks. "Apologize to her, if you could, thank you. The mask... makes it hard to really see my expressions. I'm not taking it off, but there's a price sometimes." It wasn't about making it hard to communicate, after all.

Hand Signs for communication? that's... a thought. Might be handy in the field. Certainly more quiet.

Jin

Post by Jin » Tue May 26, 2020 7:18 am

Jin followed along, "That might be beyond my limited capacity but once we get back to camp Shinjo Aono would be able to interpret for you. Though I am sure Miuna understands the sentiment at least."

Description

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Tue May 26, 2020 9:05 am

Ryoko, seemingly forgotten in all the hustle, sat by the edge of the bog, until Tago tugged at her arm.

She could've sworn... it sounded so her father would have sounded...

As Tago led her back, the pair seemingly forgotten, she kept her head bowed, hiding her face, wondering what on earth she had gotten herself into.
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.
Profile :: Themes

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Tue May 26, 2020 9:24 am

Ryoko hadn't been forgotten. Taochusu had been leaning by a tree just out of immediate notice. He nodded to her as she passed, but continued waiting for Taiko, Kakuro and Yamadono to follow the rest back to camp. He took his self-assigned responsibility as rear guard seriously and he would remain as long as people needed to recover.

But he did hope they would head out soon. He did not like this evil place.
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Tue May 26, 2020 10:00 am

Assuming they get back with little trouble or at least out of the deep swamp and into more familiar surroundings the dark skinned samurai let out a breath he did not know he had been holding. He frowned at how many had been called to the waters to most likely die and perhaps become something worse… he was thankful that no lives were lost.

Seeing the lights of the camp he paused and waited for others to pass to make sure that everyone made it back safely.

OOC: Just going to assume we can get back safely, so if people wish to speak they can do so in relative safety or just get out of dodge.
Last edited by Nanzi on Tue May 26, 2020 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Canary

Post by Canary » Tue May 26, 2020 10:11 am

Ooc: Yes. You can assumed to be back safely, and continue the thread from there here or not as you wish.
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Return to “The Deep Swamp”