Frustration (D5, EM, Open)

Jin

Re: Frustration (D5, EM, Open)

Post by Jin » Mon May 25, 2020 9:57 pm

"Well here is hoping we encounter neither such plants nor such insects. And I suppose remind me that the tale of Old Man Obake is not one to tell you at a late night campfire."
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Reo

Post by Reo » Mon May 25, 2020 10:28 pm

There is a sound behind them, a mix between a rustle and "plorp" in the squelching wetland.

"Oh so someone else was looking for a dry way through."

Reo limps forward a bit more, walking stick digging into the ground
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan | Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade, 3 uses of jade dust

Jin

Post by Jin » Mon May 25, 2020 10:34 pm

"Indeed. I swear this should not have been on our route. I'm worried we may have gone off course... but it doesn't feel like we are." Jin frowns at this, "I do not think we've met. I am called Jin. This is Anjing Xia of the Crab."
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Reo

Post by Reo » Mon May 25, 2020 10:51 pm

"Kakita no Reo. Maybe of Spider?" Reos words come out more like a question.

"It does seem odd. We haven't seen heavy rains to flood it either. I don't think we are close enough to any oceans for there to be a tide either."
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade, 3 uses of jade dust

Jin

Post by Jin » Tue May 26, 2020 4:32 am

Jin nods, "I hadn't made it this far south on my own trips. This is outside the Seidou borders and I did not wish to risk conflict with the Nezumi. But no maps I saw, from the Seidou or from them, suggested a swamp here."

Description

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Tue May 26, 2020 6:11 am

Xia waves "It's nice to meet you Reo maybe of the spider. Do you know swamps well? We've been trying to work out a path through, and exactly how new this swamp is."
Crab • Seidou • Niece of the Daimyo • Surprisingly Literate • A Little Awkward
• Here To Help • Front Line Combatant • Recorder Of History

Reo

Post by Reo » Tue May 26, 2020 7:53 am

"Some marshlands. Mostly by foraging for herbs and practicing not falling in. I wander a lot, so I try to not die in the process." Reo offers a shrug

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Tue May 26, 2020 7:55 am

Reo wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 7:53 am
"Some marshlands. Mostly by foraging for herbs and practicing not falling in. I wander a lot, so I try to not die in the process." Reo offers a shrug
"Me too! Very big on the not dying thing, although Jin-sama sometimes has to remind me otherwise."

Jin

Post by Jin » Tue May 26, 2020 8:45 am

Jin chuckles as he consults one of his maps, looking southward with a shiver then back towards the mountains to the north, "I still believe we have to be here." He gestures at a spot on the map with his stump, "So I think we'd want to be heading roughly... that direction. Your eyes are better than mine Xia can you spot a drier path that way?" Before she can answer he pauses, "This is important. Let me call on the spirits to aid you before you start poking around."

For Xia it was not unusual to watch the daimyo make a small, careful cut into the stump of his right hand. The blood drops turning to water as they fell - then promptly changed direction to circle Xia's head for a moment before disappearing. For a moment, at least, fortune would be on her side.

"Is there any assistance you can grant her, Reo?"

(Jin is assisting Xia's hunting roll - +1 bonus - and casting Reversal of Fortunes on her)

Description

Reo

Post by Reo » Tue May 26, 2020 8:56 am

"Just a few. Keep an eye out for these." Reo pulls a long stalk from his pack. "It only grows where there's plenty of water, and often it gives away that a spot is wetter than it should be.

(+1 for assist)

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Tue May 26, 2020 9:03 am

Hesitantly

"Maybe over there to the east? See that strip with none of the long stalks? I think I see stone underneath. It might be shallow enough for the expedition?"

Day 5 Roll to find a path through the swamp, hunting/perception, +2 from assistance, voided, re-roll from reversal of fortunes if necessary: 5d10o10k4+6 27

Jin

Post by Jin » Tue May 26, 2020 9:28 pm

Jin looks where she's pointing, squinting to see, "It might work. Good job Xia. It will need some testing but hopefully it helps."

Description

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Thu May 28, 2020 7:53 am

Jin wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:28 pm
Jin looks where she's pointing, squinting to see, "It might work. Good job Xia. It will need some testing but hopefully it helps."
Xia beams "Even if it doesn't, I'm sure that Shinjo-Kami will find us a route through."

Jin

Post by Jin » Thu May 28, 2020 8:31 am

"I'll remind you again to not sell yourself short Xia." He smiles, "When I present this route to Shinjo I shall be sure she knows whose eyes found it." He nods to Reo, "And the names of those who assisted as well."

Description

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Thu May 28, 2020 8:34 am

Jin wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:31 am
"I'll remind you again to not sell yourself short Xia." He smiles, "When I present this route to Shinjo I shall be sure she knows whose eyes found it." He nods to Reo, "And the names of those who assisted as well."
"I can see this chapter title in the history now 'How Intertribal Cooperation Can Improve Trailblazing Efficacy'....or maybe something punchier."
Last edited by Anjing Xia on Thu May 28, 2020 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jin

Post by Jin » Thu May 28, 2020 8:37 am

The sorcerer can't help but chuckle, "I do think the Crab might enjoy punchier."

Description

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Thu May 28, 2020 8:39 am

Jin wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:37 am
The sorcerer can't help but chuckle, "I do think the Crab might enjoy punchier."
"Hmmm. 'Two guys and a girl getting dirty in the swamp' ?"

Jin

Post by Jin » Thu May 28, 2020 9:15 am

"I mean it's a little literal I suppose and doesn't really give an idea what happened...."

It seems pretty obvious the innuendo had escaped him.

Description

Return to “The Wetlands”