Day 5 EA: Writing for posterity?

Wu

Re: Day 5 EA: Writing for posterity?

Post by Wu » Fri May 29, 2020 5:05 am

Wu repositionned himself

''I am not sure I am a good teacher, or writer, but if I could put it simple way I believe in the paradox of all things: One's greatest strength will be one's greatest weakness and one's weakness will be one strength.''
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Fri May 29, 2020 9:06 am

"I understand." She did not, in fact, understand.
Spider Clan * "Scout" * Unloved By Her Ancestors

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Wu

Post by Wu » Fri May 29, 2020 9:42 am

''You do?'' Wu was quite surprised
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Fri May 29, 2020 10:01 am

"....." Ninube clears her throat." Well, not really. Well, sorta, a little. Things can be more than one thing even if they don't make sense. Like the Kami being gods and mortal."

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Wu

Post by Wu » Sat May 30, 2020 5:23 am

''That is true'' he said ''But this philosophy is more a warning against hubris and apathy...say what would you consider to be a strength?''

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Sat May 30, 2020 8:50 am

".... Thievery?"

Wu

Post by Wu » Sat May 30, 2020 9:02 am

Wu was quiet for a second, stoned faced, but ended up smiling.

''I shoulp perhaps have expected that.'' he replied, nodding. ''Thievery... agile fingers...these are very useful to survive or get what you want, yes? I know for a fact, however, that thievery can put you in trouble if caught. Reliyng on that talent can give you something quickly...but can end you just as well with a reverse of fortunes.''

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Sat May 30, 2020 9:05 am

"Yeah, but what I do, err, what I did was illegal. So..." Ninube shrugs. "I mean being a bad a thief is obviously a weakness. One I know all too well. Maybe it would help if you used yourself. Like what is your strength and how is it a weakness."

Wu

Post by Wu » Sat May 30, 2020 9:23 am

Wu nodded at the idea

''I lived as a warrior errant for a few years, it was during this time we first encountered each other. The band and I were trying to do good and we came to be good at what we did. We were organised, knew how to work together and were disciplined enough to be able to fight what was thougth to be stronger then ourselves. I gained a good sense of tactics and a good mastery of the spear.''

He paused

''But the instincts and methods used to survive are not adapted for life outside of combat. Discipline can often become stubborness, years of rationning sometimes still create the feelings of contempt towards those who live good enough not to be troubled by waste. Mastering the spear left me not as agile as I want with my words''

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Sat May 30, 2020 9:52 am

Ninube thinks for a long moment. "So, like relying on any one thing will harm you in other areas." Ninube puts her hand on her chin, considering. "I think I like that."

Wu

Post by Wu » Sat May 30, 2020 10:15 am

The dragon nods

''Something like that yes. In addition to this, being cocksure of your own talents in one area can make you overconfident...even perhaps lazy...leading to a downfall.''

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Sat May 30, 2020 10:34 am

Ninube chuckled and rolled her eyes. "A lesson I know all too well."

Wu

Post by Wu » Sat May 30, 2020 11:44 pm

Wu smirked and nodded

''I do not believe this to be great wisdom but I am always surprised how much people are blind to what seems obvious.''

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Sun May 31, 2020 1:55 am

"I find people are too happy to ignore their flaws. In fact, my former job benefited from that quite a bit."

Wu

Post by Wu » Sun May 31, 2020 9:33 pm

''That ignorance is not always willfull. Not many people wishes to look inward.''

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:01 am

Ninube nods. "I get where your philosophy can be useful. Teach people to look at their own flaws." Ninube ponders. "I think that might be a good idea for me to do. I have been considering my future. I think reflecting on my flaws may help..."

Wu

Post by Wu » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:20 am

''I am sure you will serve your clan quite admirably. Have you been taught meditation?''

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:01 pm

"A little. Though I'm not very good at it." Ninube shrugs. "I mean I can be super quiet. But it's a bit hard to clear the thoughts in my head."

Wu

Post by Wu » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:53 pm

''I understand.'' he remembered his own tribulations years ago ''Then I suggest choosing a focus...it could be your breath or a place. Anything that ou can focus on to drive the other thoughts away.''

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:15 pm

"My feet?" She knew that sounded stupid. "When I first started sneaking food from the other villagers, I would practice paying attention to my feet listening only to make sure I didn't make a sound as I walked. Like that sort of focus?"

Return to “The Stream”