Day 5 EA: Writing for posterity?

Wu

Day 5 EA: Writing for posterity?

Post by Wu » Tue May 26, 2020 4:42 am

On a large rock overlooking the stream a man with a simple green kimono and bronze armor had an unfurled scroll on his lap.

''Remember your roots...'' he read to himself ''...for they will give you much either good or ill. Whatever they give you, however, is yours to use to help along your path.''

Wu pondered that turn of phrase...perhaps he woul need to rewrite it.
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Ninube

Re: Day 5 EA: Writing for posterity?

Post by Ninube » Tue May 26, 2020 6:52 am

Ninube was planning doing some scouting when she came across the Dragon. "What th-" cough "Oh. Hey. How's it going?" Well, this trip got a little more awkward.
Spider Clan * "Scout" * Unloved By Her Ancestors

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Wu

Post by Wu » Tue May 26, 2020 7:32 am

There was a cough. Curious, Wu raised his head from his scroll to see the odd woman adressing him.

''Good afernoon.'' he said, squinting in half recognition. He had seen this person before...but where? ''You look familiar. Have we met before?''
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Tue May 26, 2020 8:04 am

She could lie, but it honestly, it probably wouldn't be worth it. It's not like Reiko didn't know she was, used to be a thief.

"Uh, yeah. I think so. Name's Ninube. You're Wu right? We met a bit ago when I was kid. Stile some food. You made me work it off." Honest work. Ugh. She made sure not to get caught again. At least until the Spider.

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Wu

Post by Wu » Tue May 26, 2020 8:31 am

''I am Wu'' he confirmed ''This rings a bell, certainly...What village where you caught in?''

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Tue May 26, 2020 8:39 am

Ninube shrugs. "I don't even remember. I remember there was a waterfall nearby. You caught me when I was trying to flee to it."

Wu

Post by Wu » Tue May 26, 2020 8:47 am

Wu frowned, trying to recall...He did see the waterfall and his friend Taro on his right trying to cut a young girl off.

''Yes, that was a long time ago. Tomari village, I think...We caught you for that theft but the locals kept insisting that you had many others under your belt.''

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Tue May 26, 2020 9:11 am

Ninube chuckled. "Yeah." She then shrugged. "Begging gets you spat on and insulted with the occasional kick to the face all for some scraps."

She looked towards the sky thinking of how to phrase it before returning her gaze to the Dragon. "Stealing is a full belly. I know what I did was wrong. But.... well, I am no thief now. I am a scout for the Spider Clan now. My past is behind me." Well, she hoped Wu would accept. She didn't care about her reputation, but she didn't want to embrass Reiko.

Wu

Post by Wu » Wed May 27, 2020 12:29 am

He listened quietly

''It is the nature of all living things to fight to survive. No one can justify holding prejudice on you for trying to do just that. I am glad you have found a home amongst the Spider.''

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Wed May 27, 2020 8:36 am

"Well, um, thanks." It seemed different, not fearing his spear. She thought she heard of a Wu in the Clans, but didn't remember. "And thanks for helping with this. So, are you in Clan? Or are you one of the tribal people who joined us?" Reiko did say to keep an eye out for possible recruits.

Wu

Post by Wu » Wed May 27, 2020 8:48 am

''I am sure she did, she is an ambitious one.''

The blood of the Isawa in her is strong in her

''But yes...I am one of the leaders of the Dragon Clan and serve under Lord Togashi since the tournament. Have you served the Spider for long?''

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Wed May 27, 2020 9:02 am

"Oh. Sorry." She gives a somewhat awkward bow. "Wu-sama. I have been with the Spider about, I dunno, 6 months?" That sounded right.

"Reiko-sama figured that I would make a good scout for this expedition."

After a moment, "Wait. Isn't there a Wu family in the Dragon? So, you're THE Wu. Huh. Well, good for you." He had seem like a decent guy to her before.

Wu

Post by Wu » Wed May 27, 2020 9:06 am

Wu raised a calm hand

''I am the first of the Wu and historians might one day find this to be important but for now I am no greater then those who surround us in this expedtion. You do not need to adress me with honorifics.''

he bowed his head

''The Spider has been treating you well?''

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Wed May 27, 2020 9:13 am

"Sorry. It's a little weird to think of the guy who caught me for stealing some food is now one of the leaders of a Clan. Seems like you never know where fate will lead." Ninube shrugs. "The Spider have been actually pretty good to me. I get fed regularly. And they accept me despite... well, I'm probably not the greatest example of a samurai. I think I have a place here. And a future."

She looks at the man. "What about the Dragon? I mean, what brought you Togashi?"

Wu

Post by Wu » Wed May 27, 2020 9:20 am

The dragon could not help but smile at that

''Indeed, we live in interesting times...at the beginning of a new history.'' he paused hearing the question, mulling it over

''It is hard to say...but I think it is because he was so different from all of his other brothers or sisters.''

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Wed May 27, 2020 10:08 am

Ninube nods. Sounds about as good as a reason as any. "I take it you keep the law in his lands?"

She notices he was apparently, writing something. "What'cha got there?"

Wu

Post by Wu » Thu May 28, 2020 2:52 am

''I strive to keep harmony in the land rather then simple law...but yes, that too.'' he admitted before looking down at his scroll

''I am trying to write down philosophy. Philosophy that I hope will help the Wu in the future.''

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Thu May 28, 2020 11:01 am

"Philosophy? What's that?" Ninube was very curious about this.

Wu

Post by Wu » Fri May 29, 2020 4:32 am

''Teachings, guidelines, questions...words to stimulate the mind and spirit as to not let them become idle''

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Fri May 29, 2020 4:53 am

"Oh. That's interesting." She seemed a little excited. "I am trying to learn more about everything. This seems like a good place to start. So... what is your philosophy?"

Return to “The Stream”