Go With the Flow (D5, LA)

Hantei Kinsen

Re: Go With the Flow (D5, LA)

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue May 26, 2020 6:04 am

Her stance makes her movement remain quite the same, as Taochusu, faster, finds time to try again.

--
No action on Kinsen's turn due to Full Defense.
Initiative: 11
ATN: 30 --> 10 (Ref) + 5 (Armor) + 15 (Full Defense Roll)
Stance: Full Defense
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Tue May 26, 2020 6:12 am

This time, when he goes in for the grab, he does get a hold of the woman's armor. And despite his lack of technique he has a great deal of power that he uses to try and hold her in place.

D5 LA, Sparring w/ Kinsen Round 2, Initiate Grapple, Full Attack, Jiujutsu / Agility Untrained, TN 30: 6d10k5 26

D5 LA, Sparring w/ Kinsen Round 2, Control Grapple, Full Attack, Jiujutsu / Strength Untrained: 4d10 30
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue May 26, 2020 6:18 am

Kinsen utters a soft squirm as Taochusu uses as his power to hold her. With a sly smile, she widens her eyes, and flips his arm around, managing to secure a lock. With another powerful swing, Bishamon's blessing in her specially strong body yeets the giant of a man at one of the nearby trees.

--
Spar: Round 2 Jujutsu/Strength TN 30: 8d10o10k5 35
Initiative: 11
ATN: 15 --> 10 (Ref) + 5 (Armor)
Stance: Attack
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Tue May 26, 2020 6:24 am

When he bumps into the tree he does it with force, not really doing anything to ease or reduce it. Mostly because he doesn't know how. The thing shakes and he takes his time finding his feet. "You got a lot of power there," he says with a smirk, brushing off bark and moist earth.
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue May 26, 2020 6:27 am

She bows to him, "Well, thank you, Taochusu-san. You're one of the few that actually managed take a tight hold on me. You do have a way for combat. Also, a fast learner."

TN to be recognized is 0

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Tue May 26, 2020 6:32 am

"Well, you gotta learn fast or you end up dead in the wilds," he says with a nod. "But this is something I'll have to practice a bit more to get good at. Instinct can help you survive, but skill is what lets you live. I'd be a lot hungrier if I didn't learn to shoot or make arrows. One of my arrows is from my original village. The only one I got with a metal tip. I use it to help me make new arrows right, though I have to rely on stones and bone to make new arrowheads. Lost all the old ones."
Wanderer • Large

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue May 26, 2020 6:41 am

Kinsen pouts her lips in tought, looking up for a while. "There are some very talented blacksmiths and bowyers serving the Stag. Seppun Dawei-sensei. There are people in other Clans, too, with that knowledge. Dear husband has this special sword, made out of the strongest metal. You should try meeting them, if you're interested."

TN to be recognized is 0

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Tue May 26, 2020 6:47 am

"I mean, how do you meet a god. Just walk up to them and say hi? They get their own special tent area and seem to like their privacy," he replies. "I have met a couple of the Bat folks. They both make weapons. And Mai seems to think I'd do well enough with them. Met a lot of people, well more than I have since I was a boy at least. I don't know what a lot would be for everyone else."
Wanderer • Large

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue May 26, 2020 6:51 am

"Well. First time I've met a Kami, it was when Akodo-kami-sama slapped me off my conscious self in the battlefield. Later, I was a guest at the Seppun. Dear husband made sure I was taken in, and not beheaded like a common bandit." She recounts while smiling grateful. "I only got to marry dear husbsand by defeating the Noriaki chieftain. Bishamon-kami gave me his blessings and the tribe dismounted, joining in with the Kami."

She shrugs. "Just be bold, brave and avid to learn their ways."

TN to be recognized is 0

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Tue May 26, 2020 7:02 am

"I guess so," he says with a nod. "Makes sense. Honestly, I haven't had any formal training in anything since I was much younger. Almost everything I learned til now has been on my own. If they've got lessons that can help there's not reason not to learn them."
Wanderer • Large

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue May 26, 2020 7:14 am

“Well, the sense of serving the greater good of the Kami is something we all need to understand, and then embrace to be able to evolve, not only as people, but whitening our souls. Being disciplined enough to follow the strict methods they teach, though, is not something for all of us. Many are not enlightened enough and could potentially need more than a lifetime to get where they stand today.”

He takes a deep breath, “In all their might, they are not so cruel. If they see worth, they’ll strive to teach others how to become a better version of themselves.”

TN to be recognized is 0

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Tue May 26, 2020 7:18 am

"Maybe for the most part. But the Bat god is dead and the Dragon god seems to like letting people find their own way from what I've learned. Probably a bit less teaching from them. And I'm less concerned about the greater good of the gods and more about the greater good of everyone. Which I hope is their concern too. After all, why try to lead everyone if you aren't trying to make life better for everyone, no?"
Wanderer • Large

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue May 26, 2020 7:30 am

“Everyone has their own way of learning. The same should apply to the Kami. The Ninth Brother is not here, but he’s surely teaching us some important hardships need our united effort to get it addressed.”

Kinsen extends her arms, “The greater good of the Kami is not without trials, nor it is given freely. I believe one can make others lives better by making their own life, and those that are family, better. This fashion, such goodness can be shared. But never to those that stay idle, or fight against the light the Kami bring.”

TN to be recognized is 0

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Tue May 26, 2020 7:52 am

"Well, I definitely got no fight with them. My only fight has ever been against the things that want to see me dead before now. Sometimes that's bad decisions on my part but usually it's a bandit or dangerous animal. If there is one thing I learned from my tribe dying though, it's that I'd rather try to protect people. I couldn't do anything for them, but I can do something for others hopefully. Just... no tribes ever let me in to do it for them. I maybe got a chance to now though."
Wanderer • Large

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue May 26, 2020 8:01 am

Kinsen nods. “I believe you have some chances, yes. There are many different Families here, all of them serving under one of the Kami and their Clans. I pray the Fortunes help you in finding yourself into one of the Clans, if that’s your intention.”

TN to be recognized is 0

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Tue May 26, 2020 8:06 am

"Still not sure what my intention is completely yet. But I do like the thought of being with people again," he says with a nod. "Something to work for and protect."
Wanderer • Large

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue May 26, 2020 8:15 am

“That’s a good purpose to start following. Find what it is, and let me know. Until then, let’s get these logs chopped and back into the camp. Unless you want more lessons in...”

She giggles a bit to add, “...whooping.”

TN to be recognized is 0

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Tue May 26, 2020 9:16 am

"We can practice when the work is done. We'll have plenty of time but someone might need these sooner," he says with a nod.
Wanderer • Large

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue May 26, 2020 9:21 am

“Good!” She nods. “Got an axe there?”

TN to be recognized is 0

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Tue May 26, 2020 9:32 am

"I've got a hatchet and a hammer, but I also know some tricks from years in the wilderness," he says with a chuckle. "You can split off a few decent sized chunks of wood in wedge shape. Then you just make a crack in the trunk, put the wedges in and use a hammer to split it long way. Do that to split the trunk into four and it becomes much easier to move them or break them down into more manageable pieces with the hatchet without having to go through the entire tree with a small hatchet."

He starts showing her his technique, which takes a little time, but much less than trying to haul full trunks of fallen trees.
Wanderer • Large

Return to “The Stream”