[Day 5, Late Evening] There Is Always a Way To Water (Expecting)

Jiyo Sora

Re: [Day 5, Late Evening] There Is Always a Way To Water (Expecting)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed May 27, 2020 9:22 am

"Indeed. And I will not presume to make any choices for you."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Wed May 27, 2020 10:50 am

“Can you tell me more of what you do, or have done, over the last five years?”
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil
Bodyguard for Seidou Haruyo

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed May 27, 2020 11:23 am

"Well. When I'm not looking after the Emperor's kids- including killing anyone who even THINKS about doing them harm, something I've only had to do about three times- I help train recruits to the Jiyo family in polearm techniques, I convey concerns that reach me to the Emperor, and I have twice... dealt with people who were using the Emperor's name for their own advantage. They will hopefully learn from the experience."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Wed May 27, 2020 11:29 am

"So it's pretty clear to say that you would be the arm that kills for the kami, but also would kill the kami themselves if they got too power hungry?"
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed May 27, 2020 11:32 am

"I'd rather not kill anyone, to be honest. Dead people don't learn anything. But... essentially, yes. Up to a point."

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Wed May 27, 2020 11:39 am

"I don't think I would be a good fit for that occupation, truth be told. I am good at being a bodyguard but..."

She motions to herself

"I'm a bit...big...to sneak places. And.."

She pats her hammer

"This isn't quiet, or clean"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed May 27, 2020 12:07 pm

"If you have the eyes and the will, then you have what is required. But don't worry, I'm not insulted if that path doesn't appeal to you."

A pause.

"And I strongly recommend looking into what Shiba has to offer, in any event."

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Wed May 27, 2020 12:10 pm

"It is certainly something I will discuss with Haruyo. What does your clan think of spirit speakers?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed May 27, 2020 12:23 pm

"Well, the Emperor married one, for a start."

He half-smiled.

"Many Ayakashi joined Shiba, and they're a people who deal with spirits far more than most. I'm actualyl fairly atypical for one of the Emperor's servnts in that my own touch of the spirit realms..."

He gestured to his eye.

"... is of such a... finite character."

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Wed May 27, 2020 12:35 pm

"I see. So, it would be safe to say that they are free to practice as they see fit?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed May 27, 2020 12:36 pm

"I haven't heard of any particular restrictions, although I imagine anything involving human sacrifice wouldn't go over terribly well."

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Wed May 27, 2020 1:19 pm

Satone lets out a laugh.

"No, I imagine not. "

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed May 27, 2020 1:31 pm

"But with that little proviso... Shiba is very much open to the concerns of those who can speak to spirits."

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Wed May 27, 2020 1:37 pm

"This is good to know. I was not sure how a god would take to people speaking with other gods. "

"I am still hesitant to follow anyone. Were it my choice, we could all just be our own, without need of anyone to rule over us. Have basic rules that all follow such as do not steal or murder or rape.. but perhaps that is impossible now. People have tasted what it means to follow and not have to make hard decisions, and to allow those above them to handle things they feel they cannot."

She spits on the ground.

"It makes us weak."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed May 27, 2020 2:10 pm

"Well. My door is always open, Satone."

The half-smile was back.

"Have you spoken to Shinjo?"

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Wed May 27, 2020 2:15 pm

"I have not, the only other I have spoken to is Nanzi, and his Doji seems..."

She struggles to find the word for a moment and then just gives in to her baser instinct.

"Useless."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed May 27, 2020 2:22 pm

"Don't underestimate them."

But his tone was far from fond.

"Those who follow Doji would have reshaped our culture a lot more thoroughly than they already have if not for Yuzuru's influence. They are very, very dangerous. All those bland smiles and courtesies are their weapons and armor."

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Wed May 27, 2020 2:40 pm

"It's the reshaping of culture I find useless. New words, customs, and what is right or wrong. It seems too much change, and many of it frivolous."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed May 27, 2020 2:46 pm

"And yet, they are making great inroads. After all, they can produce things of great beauty, and beauty always draws its share of admirers."

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Wed May 27, 2020 3:32 pm

"Sure, I agree, as a crafter myself. But it seems a bit self aggrandizing to tell everyone theirs words and customs are wrong. We can all appreciate art without being told how we can talk about it."

Return to “The Stream”