[Day 5, Late Evening] There Is Always a Way To Water (Expecting)

Jiyo Sora

Re: [Day 5, Late Evening] There Is Always a Way To Water (Expecting)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue May 26, 2020 2:36 pm

"Did you ask?"
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Tue May 26, 2020 3:24 pm

"No, but who would think to? All I knew was that there was a call to help Shiba on a mission to rescue their brother, who was trapped somewhere in the south."
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil
Bodyguard for Seidou Haruyo

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue May 26, 2020 3:28 pm

"It never occurred to you to ask about the dangers inherent in rescuing a trapped Kami?"
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Tue May 26, 2020 4:56 pm

"Not exactly. I didn't want to come in the first place. My charge though, she can speak to things. And she felt like it was something needed. I just figure the would tell us what we needed to know, but before I got a letter from Ninumbe saying I should have jade, or talking to you, no one had officially said anything to anyone."
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue May 26, 2020 5:01 pm

"Guarding a spirit-talker, hm? Been my experience they're not so good at remembering the mundane details."

A pause.

"I gather your charge is also of the tribe of Seidou, rather than the Crab Clan?"

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Tue May 26, 2020 5:06 pm

"Indeed. Her name is Haruyo. We have been together since we were children. I her protector and her eyes."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue May 26, 2020 5:11 pm

He nodded at that.

"So your charge tells you this mission is important and that she's going, so you go, even though you don't really understand the task and you have no particular love for the Kami, am I broadly correct?"

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Tue May 26, 2020 5:28 pm

"That sums it up appropriately, yes. I suppose there is a part of me that hopes to learn more about these gods, or to find more people who may be opposed to them so we can band together."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue May 26, 2020 5:38 pm

"Well. I wouldn't call what I do opposition, since Shiba's a better leader for me than Chosaku ever was... but we try to give shelter to those who need it. Limit the damage. But as someone who has found happiness in Shiba's household, I would also suggest you gather information so you're certain of your choices."

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Tue May 26, 2020 5:48 pm

"And what is it you do?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue May 26, 2020 6:14 pm

"That which submits rules. The willow submits to the wind and prospers until one day it is many willows — a wall against the wind."

A bland smile.

"I plant willows, Seidou. I find people whose character fits what I'm after, and I offer them my guidance. I teach them the skills they need if they haven't got them, so that if it comes down to it, they can... remove people who are, perhaps, a little too zealous in fulfilling what they think the Kami's orders are if reason and persuasion fail. Or those who use their allegiance to the Kami as an excuse to advance their personal power and oppress their fellow people. Or those who would use resistance to the Kami as an excuse to put themselves in charge."

A shrug.

"Now. In keeping with my own... situation, and what I know of the character of Shiba, I work with the Emperor. I bring the concerns of my peers to him, and he hears them. I also tell him who my operatives are, because potential assassins need to be answerable to someone else or they're simply another set of tyrants in waiting. But that's just me. If you wish to find other forms of... dissent, I can put you in touch with my friends. One is concerned with supernatural threats to humanity. He's on this excursion. One is concerned with allowing people to preserve their traditional ways and let those ways influence the culture the Kami would impose. He's also here, although he can be difficult to track down. And there are others, further afield, with whom I keep in touch."

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Tue May 26, 2020 6:23 pm

"Hmm, many options it seems. I have a feeling I know who I would prefer to be around, but it is not solely my choice. I go where Haruyo goes, and her guidance has never steered her wrong before. I seek to learn as much as I can though and present it to her before having us make any choice."

"Am I understanding that you dislike Shiba, and even tell him, but yet still serve him and let him know your agents?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue May 26, 2020 6:35 pm

"Oh no, far from it. I love Shiba. I value what he wants for the human race. Besides certain... oracular insights into his character which make me certain of his basic motives, he's given me a home, a place I can call mine, duties I enjoy. He's given me trust, trust with the lives of his children, despite the fact that I told him much of this on the first day of his reign."

He exhaled, realizing that he'd been getting a bit worked up.

"Which is why I, in turn, trust him. But serving him, following him, is my choice. I was not pressured, I was not coerced, I didn't join him because I had relatives who joined him. He didn't save me or my tribe from some catastrophe. He simply.... listened when I voiced my concerns. Concerns much like the ones you have. Which is why i do not call what I do opposition. I do not oppose the Emperor. I simply want others to retain the freedom to make their own choices, as I did."

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Tue May 26, 2020 6:38 pm

"I see then. That does make sense. "

She rests her head in her hands, elbow on her knee as she sits cross legged on the rock.

"And what if they turn? What if they force every to either join, or be walked on?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue May 26, 2020 7:33 pm

"Then my friends and I will have to make a considerable mess."

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Tue May 26, 2020 10:14 pm

“Are you not afraid that over time, the Kami and their most devoted followers wouldn’t try to destroy you and your friends? To make it inappropriate to have the thoughts we have? To try to force any who do to either be in prison, chains, or coffin?”

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed May 27, 2020 3:20 am

"Why do you think I make so much of my access to the heirs? Fear is fine so long as you do something about it. We can shape their future as much as they shape ours."

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Wed May 27, 2020 4:38 am

"I see. So, does one just join up with you then? Your own clan or?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed May 27, 2020 4:43 am

"Well. I can put in a good word for you, but you should only join the Imperial Families if that's what you actually want. Shiba does not compel allegiance, and neither do I. As for the other thing, to join my.... willows, the only approval needed is mine. But I would encourage you to speak to others among my Friends, and see if their way of doing things might suit you better. They might not be as frank about their allegiances as I am, but I believe you should have... options."

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Wed May 27, 2020 6:23 am

"I make no commitment to anything yet, I need to see how each of the Kami act, and as you said, speak to others as well. In the end, it will depend on where Haruyo wishes to go, I cannot leave her."

Return to “The Stream”