[Day 5 - LA] The Manliest Hunt (Closed)

Nanzi

[Day 5 - LA] The Manliest Hunt (Closed)

Post by Nanzi » Tue May 26, 2020 7:47 pm

Nanzi was in battle kit, but still of course looking resplendent as usual. Jongwun was near as they walked the vibrant Hunting Grounds with his erstwhile companion and brother who is also a god… but who kept track of such things.

Nanzi did, he liked knowing he was a powerful man now.

Powerful men had things to discuss even with the horrors of Jigoku ahead, the politics of the emergent Empire did not stop and there were things that the future would bring that Nanzi, and by association, the Crane needed to be involved with.

Hantei was the perfect person to speak with as his vision was very much aligned with that of the Crane. Nanzi broke the silence as they found a good spot to string their bows and prepare for the hunt, “The game here is good, Nanzi suspects we will have much success. Yet the keen wit of Hantei surely knows Nanzi not ask him here simply to shoot good game. There are things… things we should discuss about the future, the Empire, and how we can affect a course that is amenable to the Stag, Crane, and the Empire as a whole.”
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Hantei

Re: [Day 5 - LA] The Manliest Hunt (Closed)

Post by Hantei » Wed May 27, 2020 1:07 am

Hantei also wore some light armor as they moved through the woods his steps light and his eyes sharp. Hunting may not have been the sole reason for this foray into nature but it didn't meant he couldn't still give it an earnest go.

Hantei listened to Nanzi and nodded "Of course Nanzi-san, I expect our families to be close allies in the coming years. What matters in specific did you wish to speak on?" He asked
Kami | Paragon of Honor | Leadership | Virtuous | Irreproachable

Honor: 10.0, Status: 9.0, Glory: 10.0

Played by GM Tyrus

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Wed May 27, 2020 1:14 am

“You had a vision of the future; it was one that had samurai in service to an Emperor and administering a grand Empire. A vision that the Crane believe in, but Emperor Shiba, Nanzi cannot glean what it is that he seeks to build. Those that surround him do not share this grand vision and in fact may seek to seed chaos or disorder into something that should be a reflection of the Heavens,” he said quietly.

“Nanzi wishes to know what direction you wish to see things go, and how we can make sure that we have an Empire that best suits the needs of Heaven and Earth.”
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace

Hantei

Post by Hantei » Wed May 27, 2020 1:22 am

Hantei sighs a little thinking on Nanzi's question "It is true, I had a clear and present course ready in my mind. I sought to turn this empire into as close of a reflection of heaven as possible. But your people are very resistant to change even if its for the better, very prideful you humans are. Many almost arrogant in their steadfast belief that things are fine the way they are. But thats because they are short sighted, they haven't seen what is possible, they can't even comprehend the magnificent Empire I saw for them. I had the will to make that reality."

He paused for a moment "My brother, the chosen son of amaterasu, is a great man. He is kind and compassionate, he is the smartest creature I have ever met. But I do not know if he possesses the will to do what needs to be done, I believe he will be more easily swayed from the path. But I plan to council him as best he will listen and hopefully lead by example, turning my family into the vision I had before and maybe when others see how we live they will decide they want it to."

Played by GM Tyrus

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Wed May 27, 2020 1:34 am

Hantei wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 1:22 am
Hantei sighs a little thinking on Nanzi's question "It is true, I had a clear and present course ready in my mind. I sought to turn this empire into as close of a reflection of heaven as possible. But your people are very resistant to change even if its for the better, very prideful you humans are. Many almost arrogant in their steadfast belief that things are fine the way they are. But thats because they are short sighted, they haven't seen what is possible, they can't even comprehend the magnificent Empire I saw for them. I had the will to make that reality."

He paused for a moment "My brother, the chosen son of amaterasu, is a great man. He is kind and compassionate, he is the smartest creature I have ever met. But I do not know if he possesses the will to do what needs to be done, I believe he will be more easily swayed from the path. But I plan to council him as best he will listen and hopefully lead by example, turning my family into the vision I had before and maybe when others see how we live they will decide they want it to."
"You do not stand alone in pursuit of that vision, it is my plan to mold the Crane to be the model of that vision, as Nanzi and Doji sees it," he said calmly.

Hantei

Post by Hantei » Wed May 27, 2020 6:01 am

Hantei nods "well that gladens me to know I will have others looking to reflect Tengoku's glory in this mortal realm." He said and then paused briefly.

"But you are right, there are many who wish to view Shiba-Heika as a form of advice and wish that the world remain unchanged. I have not yet figured out how to enlighten these people who wish to wallow in their tradition."

Played by GM Tyrus

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Wed May 27, 2020 6:25 am

Hantei wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 6:01 am
Hantei nods "well that gladens me to know I will have others looking to reflect Tengoku's glory in this mortal realm." He said and then paused briefly.
“You do not labor alone, brother, as you said we must be the example that the others will follow. You cannot enter a man’s home and tell him his roof leaks and his stores are foul, you build a better home and invite him to see how you live and show him what could be and they will come to you. Out of envy or knowledge it matters not,” Nanzi replied calmly.

“To that end we should reach out to the Lion, Nanzi learned much from Akodo-ue and feels he would be amenable to what we are proposing and hewing to the glory of Tengoku. Our three clans aligned in such a way would show solidarity and shine as examples of what the others could be.”
Hantei wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 6:01 am
"But you are right, there are many who wish to view Shiba-Heika as a form of advice and wish that the world remain unchanged. I have not yet figured out how to enlighten these people who wish to wallow in their tradition."
“You don’t, at least those that I speak of, they cannot be reached, these individuals have found their hill they wish to die on, as it is said. They have too much wrapped up in keeping things as they are or espousing paths that would lead to chaos and insurrection to good order,” he said calmly.

To punctuate he stuck his finger in the dirt and wrote in the divine tongue a single name of the Imperial babysitter. He nodded to Hantei and then wiped it away and continued, “Surely they are not alone, but doubtless they will use their position to poison the minds of the impressionable.”

“Do with that knowledge as you will, but the others that stand on the fence they do so out of fear. We are simple creatures, this includes you brother, but us lesser men we do not see what we gain but what we believe we will lose. But if we show them as examples that they can grow fat by better farming, by providing protection and stability, then they will come.”

“We must be united in this, and for that I have a more interesting proposal for the House of Hantei,” Nanzi finished as he turned to look for game.

OOC: Looking for game.

Hunting: 5d10o10k2 18

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Wed May 27, 2020 8:48 am

(With free raise the area grants to hunting checks that gives you a 23.)

Nanzi spots a pair of Hare's not too far away seemingly undisturbed by the conversation happening nearby.

TN 20 ranged attack
Assistant to the GM - Panda - Occasionally wise - Often Capricious

Hantei

Post by Hantei » Wed May 27, 2020 8:54 am

hantei nods thinking about Nanzi's words "well Akodo-san is an upstanding individual he believes very strongly in the importance of honor and the celestial order. He would be an ally in this though he is much like Hida where every problem is a nail that needs hammered." Hantei said with a pensive look.

As Nanzi wrote a name in the dirt the Kami had a serious expression on his face and nodded saying nothing further but understanding the implications of his words.

"So Nanzi-san, what designs do you have for me and my family?" He asked after some time while Nanzi looked for game.

Played by GM Tyrus

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Wed May 27, 2020 9:19 am

Nanzi took aim and it was near perfect as the arrow knew the way.

He then said, “Sometimes we need a hammer, not every problem can be cut cleanly with precision. A mighty hammer to deter future unruly nails can be useful.”

Nanzi then added, “Nanzi speaks of children, it will be prudent that we unite not only ourselves in deed but those that will come behind us. Nanzi advises an exchange, fostership so that our children understand the varying ways of our Clans and families, and obviously Nanzi does not speak of heirs or firstborn but it would be valuable for the long term.”

To emphasize the last bit he slipped into the divine tongue, “We have time to work out the details if you find it amenable. The foundations we lay out today will bring about a better future for our respective clans and the Empire. Even if our future generations quarrel they will know that we are bound by our Duty to see the Empire mirror Tengoku’s virtue, and remember what is truly important.”

OOC: Kyujutsu TN 20: 8d10o10k3 32 and hit a hare.

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Wed May 27, 2020 4:20 pm

Nanzi's arow indeed speared its target alerting the other hare who made to bound away as its companion died on the forest floor.

Hantei

Post by Hantei » Wed May 27, 2020 5:14 pm

With supernatural reflexes the golden god made man's bow was up and the arrow loosed from it less than a second after Nanzi's and and speared the other hare mid jump its body landing on the ground with a dull thump. He never stopped looking at Nanzi's with a pensive expression on his face.

"Yes a hammer is indeed necessary sometimes though not how I typically like to deal with problem, I do not shy away from doing what needs to be done." he thought again for a moment "My brother Bayushi-san also might be of use. He cares nothing for honor and while I can find him.....distasteful at times" Hantei's mouth turned as if a foul taste were in his mouth but his features smoothed as he continued "They can be undeniably effective in many different avenues."

He returned to the normal tongue as he continued "That sounds agreeable to me. Fostering or even marriage traditions could be fruitful for both our clans. I will talk with Kinsen-san about it later."

------------------------------

Shooting the rabbit 4 raises to shoot without looking tn 40 kyu/ref: 10d10ro1o10k7 66

Played by GM Tyrus

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Wed May 27, 2020 6:13 pm

Nanzi nodded in appreciation of the preternatural skill of Hantei and then said, “His methods are unconventional but the light cast shadows, and for all things that must be done in the light, there are things that must be done in the dark.”

“That gladdens my heart, and a sense of some small relief fills Nanzi’s soul.”

With that business done he added, “What are your thoughts on the one known as Shinsei, he seems to be very popular in the camp.”

Hantei

Post by Hantei » Thu May 28, 2020 2:20 pm

Hantei did not answer for a moment, his eyes scanned the forest around them as he thought. His eyes returned to Nanzi "He is a wise individual, that much is certain. He is knowledgeable as well certainly a blessing to have on an expedition like this. I have only spent a little time with him but I believe him to be an overall positive. Though he is also quite mysterious so." Hantei shrugged "Only time will tell his true motivation."

Played by GM Tyrus

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Thu May 28, 2020 5:44 pm

"I have met many wise men and women who speak in cryptic words over my life, all have been found wanting," he said to Hantei.

"Nanzi is amused how these so-called wise people are also always mysterious, one would think they would be rather straight forward."

Hantei

Post by Hantei » Fri May 29, 2020 12:34 am

Hantei chuckled a little "My brother Togashi is very similar, he has told me it is because it is better for someone to arrive at a conclusion after gentle guidance rather than being delivered there. The journey to knowledge and enlightenment is as, if not more, important than the destination. At least so he says." he finishes with a smile that has a hint of mischief to it, an uncommon display to be sure.

Played by GM Tyrus

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Fri May 29, 2020 12:36 am

"Perhaps that is true, come let us not tarry and see what else we can stir up, honored brother," Nanzi replied with mirth.

/scene?

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Sat May 30, 2020 2:19 am

/scene

Return to “Hunting Grounds”