[Day 5, Late Afternoon] Out for a Stroll (Expecting)

Jiyo Sora

Re: [Day 5, Late Afternoon] Out for a Stroll (Expecting)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed May 27, 2020 9:25 am

"Would it help if you were able to ask the Emperor? He's not forcing anyone to leave their tribes or the lands they inhabit so far, and he usually has an ear for the concerns of other people."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Wed May 27, 2020 10:34 pm

"I... suppose so. I doubt he'd want to hear from an Ongaku of a tribe of nomads in the south..."

She took a slow breath. "But if I could convince him not to take all our pastures for his new villages and stone houses... I don't want to see my people lose everything that makes us... us."
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.
Profile :: Themes

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu May 28, 2020 2:01 am

"The thing about our Emperor, Ryoko, is that he wants to hear from everyone. When he met me, I was an even more uncouth specimen than I am now- a bloody-handed ember of the Hikaru who radiated hostility to just about everyone and everything. He listened to me. I confessed certain... details to him on the first day of his reign. His response was to entrust me with the guardianship of his children."

He sighed.

"I can't promise that he will give your people what they seek, but I can promise that he will hear you."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Thu May 28, 2020 2:03 am

"Then perhaps I will try to speak with him, if I can make it to his lands."

She nodded.

"It is a relief... to know that there might be a willingness to let my tribe endure."
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu May 28, 2020 2:13 am

"When this is over, I'll write you a letter of introduction. And if for some reason I don't make it, my name should carry some weight."

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Thu May 28, 2020 6:50 am

"A letter... that is a marking of shapes that means something?"

Ryoko seemed curious. "How will they know it isn't fake?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu May 28, 2020 3:42 pm

He chuckled.

"Who would present a well-written fake she couldn't read? Besides, the Emperor was one of my teachers. He knows my style."

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Thu May 28, 2020 10:01 pm

"Then I'd welcome your 'letter'."

Ryoko beamed, momentarily forgetting her discomfort, and hopped down from the rock.

"Perhaps if I plead my case well, my people won't lose our pastures."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 29, 2020 2:53 am

"Again, it's not my place to make promises for what the Emperor will do with the information, but I can promise that he will hear you out."

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Fri May 29, 2020 2:56 am

"I couldn't ask for more."

With a smile she ducked in, giving the man a hug, and then bounced back.

"I feel a lot better... I mean I still hurt but it isn't so bad. Thank you, Mr. Sora."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 29, 2020 3:14 am

Sora surprised himself by not tensing up at the hug.

The past five years really had wrought some changes on him.

"It is my pleasure, Ryoko of the Ongaku. But if you're in pain... shouldn't you be seeing one of our healers?"

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Fri May 29, 2020 3:23 am

"I doubt they can help... I mean I have no idea what it is. It's a headache, sort of."

She let go the hug. "I'll go if it doesn't get better, but maybe it's just the weather."

Stepping back, she added, thoughtfully, "I suppose I should go get dinner. Maybe we can meet later and you can show me your letters."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 29, 2020 3:54 am

"If you'd like."

He smiled and half-bowed.

"I find the written word is an amazing thing."

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Fri May 29, 2020 4:03 am

Attempting a bow of her own, if a bit clumsily, she added, "Well, I look forward to seeing it. Maybe the other Jiyo, Ayumu I think, can help me understand them too."

Then she turned back toward camp.

"Next time!"

/exit unless stopped.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 29, 2020 4:06 am

Sora smiled and shook his head as she left.

So many young people on this trip... they reminded him of the kids back home.

I'll try to keep them safe too. Best I can.

[/Scene]

Return to “Hunting Grounds”