[Day 5, EA] On the Hunt

Hanzou

Re: [Day 5, EA] On the Hunt

Post by Hanzou » Wed May 27, 2020 10:19 am

Once he had seen enough, Hanzou turned to Kinsen. "sritck I am not well versed in the Fortunes of Isawa, but I was taught some of the rites to invoke their blessings. I also know several koumori chireesht meant for cleansing after banishing malevolent spirits."

He said a few words over Kinsen and her blade.
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui
Glory 2 ~ Reputation 4 ~ Status 1

Carries: Yumi, Arrows, Aiguchi, Lantern, Water, Medicine Kit, Jade (4/7)

Canary

Post by Canary » Wed May 27, 2020 11:20 am

Togashi Saruko wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 6:59 am
"I... don't think it is something that lingers in inanimate objects..." she said, but wasn't fully sure. "Perhaps a priest can cleanse it or restore it."

Carefully, she approached closer and poked the deformities on the creature with the end of her staff. It was the first time she actually saw what the corruption would do to those touched by it. "Poor creature... it must've been in a lot of pain." But how did it become so deformed? They were still so far away from where they were headed, and already it would seem the corruption had spread.

A wrinkle formed on her forehead as she regarded the scene with a serious face.

-----

D5 EA Investigation/Perception to examine the beastie. +1k1 Void (last).: 6d10o10k4 32
There wasn't much more to be seen for now. Tentacle was muscular, but lacked any sort of bones within it. The eyes that littered it were opened and glassy, staring blankly at the sky. The blood from the wound from Kinsen's blow was black, though.
Hanzou wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 7:07 am
"I can ask the sreess water spirits to examine the blade." he offered as he walked up with a stick and prodded the carcass.

He looked the body over, looking for signs of where and how the corruption may have started.

- - -
[Day 5, EA] On the Hunt, Looking over the creature, Investigation/Perception, 2 CR for any extra information, Water Kami's Blessing, VP for +1k1: 10d10o10k4 49

[Day 5, EA] On the Hunt, Looking over the creature, Medicine/Intelligence: 5d10o10k3 21
Looking at the legs, it looks like it may have started from there and spread up the creatures body from the wounds there. It seemed as though the dhole had been walking around in something. There was black gunk in its stomach and lungs, too, though, not blood.
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed May 27, 2020 11:28 am

"Well, that's something to populate my nightmares for the rest of my days."

And we're just getting started.
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Wed May 27, 2020 11:35 am

"It started snink in the legs. Something it was in, or something in whatever it cleerk was in." Hanzou advised.
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed May 27, 2020 7:54 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 9:54 am
"You... the wife of Hantei.... haven't got jade on you?"
Kinsen surely doesn't like the way that sounded and gives him an inquisitive look.
Togashi Saruko wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 10:08 am
"Your sword is just a sword, but carry this until we get back to camp. And when we do, you will go straight to your husband and tell him about this." And then he can do his duty as a husband to protect you like he most likely has vowed when you were wed.
She takes the jade in hand to see if anything happens, and should hold as advised until they are back to camp. "I haven't seen dear husband today. But should do so later, as we get back."

Now that she thinks of it, Kinsen did over-react to the situation a bit. Of course, understandable, since this is the first time they see something like this. Noticing the harm it could cause, she nods to herself and takes a mental note of other people's perception.
Hanzou wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 10:19 am
He said a few words over Kinsen and her blade.
Kinsen bows, "Thank you, priest-san. I am Hantei Kinsen, from the Stag."
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Wed May 27, 2020 8:08 pm

"Hanzou. sweek my name is Hanzou. It's skist nice to meet you all."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed May 27, 2020 9:40 pm

"Togashi Saruko of the Dragon," she joined in with the round of introductions.

She looked back to the dead creature. "... We should probably burn it. In case the corruption spreads if anything tries to eat it." Pity the place was so wet, it'd be hard to start a fire. A controlled fire especially.
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Wed May 27, 2020 11:08 pm

"It's a chirk good idea." he agreed. "I'm going to see where it came from sneeet, and make sure there aren't any more."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu May 28, 2020 2:09 am

He shook his head at Kinsen.

"I may need to speak to your esteemed husband about... sharing information in a timely manner."

And then the introductions started happening.

"Jiyo Sora."

This was directed purely at Hanzou, since he'd known the others for quite some time.

"With permission, I'll go with you. If nothing else, we should try to avoid whatever this poor thing wandered into."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Thu May 28, 2020 2:20 am

Saruko gave Sora a look... it seemed like she thought something similar.

"Lady Kinsen and I can return to camp to report the finding, if you intend to go further in to the swamp."
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Thu May 28, 2020 2:22 am

He nodded. "I crik would appreciate the company."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu May 28, 2020 2:29 am

"Hope you're better with your bow than I am, Hanzou."

Still, he unlimbered it and strung it.

"If we find more, I think killing them at range is probably the safest."

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Thu May 28, 2020 2:39 am

"I'm a kleetch fair shot." he nodded as he began looking for whatever trail the beast had left.

- - -
[Day 5, EA] On the Hunt, Following the creatures trail, Hunting/Perception: 5d10o10k3 19
Forgot FR for better results.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu May 28, 2020 3:01 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 2:09 am
He shook his head at Kinsen.

"I may need to speak to your esteemed husband about... sharing information in a timely manner."
Kinsen squints her eyes at Sora, feeling this issue was starting to get over the board with this urgent necessity to talk with her husband.
Togashi Saruko wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 2:20 am
Saruko gave Sora a look... it seemed like she thought something similar.

"Lady Kinsen and I can return to camp to report the finding, if you intend to go further in to the swamp."
Agreeing to keep the pendant until they returned to camp, she says nothing about the shared look to the Imperial. Kinsen simply nods while ready to walk back, grateful for the assistance. Even if bothered with all the frowning around.
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Canary

Post by Canary » Thu May 28, 2020 8:33 am

TN 10 Earth Roll for all participants to avoid Taint by proximity to a heavily Tainted creature.
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Thu May 28, 2020 8:38 am

The jade kept Saruko protected, as did her connection to Tengoku as it infused her soul with a fraction of its purity.

---

D5 EA Earth to resist Taint.+2k0 from Tengoku. +10 from Jade. TN 10: 4d10o10k2+10 24

Theme 2Profile

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Thu May 28, 2020 8:48 am

Hanzou remained focused on the creatures trail. Fortunately, he was safe from its corruption.

- - -
[Day 5, EA] On the Hunt, Resisting Taint, Raw Earth TN 10: 3d10o10 30

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu May 28, 2020 8:49 am

Luckily Kinsen managed to get some jade vibes into her Earth and passes unscathed.

--
Earth Roll TN 10: 3d10o10k3 18

TN to be recognized is 0

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu May 28, 2020 3:40 pm

Sora likewise avoided any corruption... this time.

[OOC: 28]

Return to “Hunting Grounds”