[D5 EM] Swamped with game

Seppun Takako

[D5 EM] Swamped with game

Post by Seppun Takako » Mon May 25, 2020 8:26 pm

"I'm curious what we can find here. I don't think we'll see many boars." She glanced back at her husband. "I have never seen such a place. It's so..hot, and cold. And the smells..." She shivered. "I hope it won't get colder too much..."
Stag * Bushi * Virtuous * Waifu
Carries: Light armor, yari, iron sword, yumi

Seppun Chisei

Re: [D5 EM] Swamped with game

Post by Seppun Chisei » Mon May 25, 2020 8:36 pm

Chisei was following not far behind, as they'd done so often before. Although he'd finally learned how to keep his eyes on where he was going, and not Takako's walking. Not that he wouldn't treat himself to a glance from time to time...

He smiled as she glanced back at him. "It is curious." He said. "The confluence of elements is a strange one." He frowned. "I think the heat is something of an illusion; this fog is like steam, but cold. We should take extra care to be warm tonight."

His smile grew. "Fortunately, we have extra blankets. And you could always cuddle close to your husband..." The smile flashed into a quick grin. It must be true love, if he wanted to do her in a swamp.
Seppun * Former Isawa * Shugenja * Philosopher * Husbando
Carries: Scroll case, scrolls. Jade.

Seppun Takako

Post by Seppun Takako » Mon May 25, 2020 10:37 pm

"Hai....a strange mix of water and earth, perhaps?" She asked curiously, though she kept her eyes roaming around the area, though she did notice Chisei's own roaming eyes...and hid a smile.

"Oh? I would not wish to be improper Chisei-kun, and invade your space.." she replied demurely.

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Mon May 25, 2020 11:07 pm

"Water and earth, to be sure." Chisei nodded. "But also some properties of air. This strange illusory quality speaks to it."

With an effort, Chisei lifted his gaze, not hiding his smile at all. "Oho." He murmured. "Leaving me with the initiative, which I shall seize to ruthlessly invade your space." His stride lengthened, long grass rustling, as he moved closer... although not too close. It was still a strange foggy swamp, after all.

Seppun Takako

Post by Seppun Takako » Tue May 26, 2020 3:56 am

"Chisei the Conqueror." She murmured back, and slowed down, raising a hand to halt their movements.

"Air...and a lack of fire? Is that usual, do you think?" She eyed around for anything from the wild.

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Tue May 26, 2020 4:09 am

"The conqueror, hmmm?" Chisei echoed, amused. "Perhaps I will be tonight..."

But he stopped moving and flirting both as she raised a hand. He paused, looking around, trying to spot anything dangerous.

"I don't think that combination is unusual." Chisei said, speaking more softly now. "But it is unusual for this time of year. It may be something specific to this area... but it defies my usual understanding."

Seppun Takako

Post by Seppun Takako » Tue May 26, 2020 8:52 pm

Seppun Chisei wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 4:09 am
"The conqueror, hmmm?" Chisei echoed, amused. "Perhaps I will be tonight..."

But he stopped moving and flirting both as she raised a hand. He paused, looking around, trying to spot anything dangerous.

"I don't think that combination is unusual." Chisei said, speaking more softly now. "But it is unusual for this time of year. It may be something specific to this area... but it defies my usual understanding."
Takako smiled. "Hm....strange this time of the year? I wonder how the weather will turn even further south." She frowned. "I think I see something there...something small. What do you think we can expect to find in this area?"

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Wed May 27, 2020 1:13 am

Chisei's brow furrowed as he concentrated. "Amphibians and reptiles. Birds. Some sorts of mammals, although those will tend to be more waterborne or tree-dwelling sorts, if they have to navigate through this swamp. Rodents, monkeys..." He made a vague gesture.

He narrowed his eyes, squinting at the shape. "Your eyes are always better than mine, my doe. But if you flush it out, I shall help to identify it."

Return to “Hunting Grounds”