[D5 LM] Bounty of the Swamp

Miyako

Re: [D5 LM] Bounty of the Swamp

Post by Miyako » Wed May 27, 2020 6:58 am

"Glad to hear it: anything that you or I or all of us can do to fill the wagons of fresh meat and game I am sure will be most appreciated. Nothing particularly wrong with trail rations as long as you've had them enough to get over the blandness, but I'm sure a good hearty meal will continue to keep the camp spirits high as long as we have the ability to ensure it is so." She looked past where Reo was standing, leaning slightly to look at something over the shoulder.

"Ahh, there's the tree I meant to find! If we go 'round that and back up that way a couple minutes or so we should hopefully find the stream and some good hunting there," Miyako stated as she pointed at quite a large tree in the distance that stood out from the ones around it in sheer height and size.

(OOC: lending my +1 Hunting for cooperative on whoever among us wants to make a roll!)
Chinsei Tribe * Hunter (Bushi) * Herbalist * Storyteller * Singer * Pleasant-Voiced * Sharp-Eyed? * Talkative! * Night Child
Status: 0.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: Normal / What is Expected

Speaking * Signing
Equipment: Light armor, sturdy clothing, wide-brimmed straw hat, straw cloak, yari, yumi, quiver, water and rations, traveling pack
Profile!

Makime Mineko

Post by Makime Mineko » Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am

Mineko started her search, waving the others to follow her. It wasn't long before she found what was three large Wani (Crocodiles) and 1 large hebi (snake) in a river in the swamp. They seemed to be preoccupied with something.

Mineko merely pointed to where the game was.

((Hunting/Perception + Void & School Tech adding 11: 6d10o10k5 34 adding the 11 makes the total 45))
Makime Minkeo
Lion Clan • Bushi • Tactician • Overconfident

Wears traditional sturdy clothes. Wears light armor when necessary.
Carries: Bronze Sword and Yari (when applicable)

Miyako

Post by Miyako » Thu May 28, 2020 8:29 am

Miyako slowly crept up through some of the thicker brush to stand on the other side of Mineko to see what it was that she was pointing to around the river. "Hmm... that is one of those thick-skin things I have heard about that lives in the swamp, is it not? I haven't seen one before, but I've heard about them," she whispered. "Cousin of mine got some of its skin from a trader, said it was the toughest leather he's ever tried to work with. Don't know if one or two arrows alone will do it..." she assessed as she looked back at the others.

"Any good ideas?"
Chinsei Tribe * Hunter (Bushi) * Herbalist * Storyteller * Singer * Pleasant-Voiced * Sharp-Eyed? * Talkative! * Night Child

Speaking * Signing
Equipment: Light armor, sturdy clothing, wide-brimmed straw hat, straw cloak, yari, yumi, quiver, water and rations, traveling pack
Profile!

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Thu May 28, 2020 11:02 am

"Rain of arrows," Taochusu suggests.
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Reo

Post by Reo » Thu May 28, 2020 9:22 pm

"I've got something that should get through it's skin. And a little something extra." Reo pills out an arrow with a red ring around it. "I don't know if it would be good for eating still, but these were meant to go through Armor."
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan | Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade, 3 uses of jade dust

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Fri May 29, 2020 12:33 am

"Snake you gotta eat quick. It goes bad fast," he says with a nod. "Wasted a few before I realized that. Starts to get a bad smell in about a day. Not sure on crocodile. Never tried to eat that, since I never hunted them."
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Miyako

Post by Miyako » Sat May 30, 2020 7:19 am

"Snake tonight, or tomorrow at the latest then. And for the thick-skins..." Miyako trailed off, looking closely at Reo's arrow. "... yes, that might work. Don't think I have something like that, though. But as Taochusu points out, maybe numbers will. We should go for one at a time perhaps: if we shoot at all three, maybe all three of them swim under and away and take our good arrows with them. If we all focus on one, maybe two get away, but at least we ensure we get one," she reasoned with a nod of her head as she reached behind her to pull out one of her standard arrows.

Speaking * Signing
Profile!

Return to “Hunting Grounds”