[Day 5, Early Evening] Why's It Called the Chuck Wagon? (Open)

Jiyo Sora

Re: [Day 5, Early Evening] Why's It Called the Chuck Wagon? (Open)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 29, 2020 6:13 am

"So, what made you decide to join this little endeavor?"
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Fri May 29, 2020 6:15 am

"I wanted to see what was farther south than I've ever been. Curios I guess. Been wandering so long and seen so many different places, so I wanted to see more," he says with a shrug. "When you got nothing to do other than take care of yourself, new experiences are worth a lot."
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 29, 2020 6:17 am

"This... is one hell of a new experience."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Fri May 29, 2020 6:26 am

"Best kind," he says with a nod. "What's the point if it's boring?"
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 29, 2020 6:34 am

"Living to learn from it, mostly."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Fri May 29, 2020 6:40 am

"Tomorrow isn't guaranteed. Gotta do what you can to survive it, but I can't let that stop me from trying new stuff. You don't learn anything new if you don't experience anything new."
Wanderer • Large

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 29, 2020 6:43 am

"Ah, but one crawls before one walks..."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Fri May 29, 2020 6:45 am

"Done plenty of crawling in my life. Probably gonna do a bunch more before it's over, assuming I come back from this. Nothing wrong with a bit of crawling if it keeps you going forward."
Wanderer • Large

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 29, 2020 7:18 am

"My point is that an expedition of this sort is being undertaken on long odds and precious little experience."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Fri May 29, 2020 7:27 am

"Ever since my tribe died my life has been long odds. No reason to stop now. And getting to see something new for that risk... well, that's just the kind of thing I'm up for. It's just my way of living life. So far it's only been for myself because nobody else would have me. May as well live for something else for a little while at least and see what that's like."
Wanderer • Large

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 29, 2020 4:04 pm

"Nobody else would have you, hm? Well. I don't know if you've noticed, but we have eight free Kami, the wife of one trapped Kami, and the family of one dead Kami all keen to add to their ranks. Have you approached anyone along those lines?"

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Fri May 29, 2020 10:09 pm

"Talked to different folks about it," he says with a nod. "Still learning about the different kami though. Wouldn't mind meeting one personally too. Hoping to do so on this trip. Just to take a measure of what the gods are like. See what this divinity is all about."
Wanderer • Large

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat May 30, 2020 3:41 am

"Well, we have two here, and they're different enough I think it's actually a decent sample size. I thought about following Shinjo for a time before I got to understand Shiba."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sat May 30, 2020 5:15 am

"If I'm lucky I'll get the chance eventually to talk to them. Who knows though. Never see them walking around camp or anything," he says with a shrug.
Wanderer • Large

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat May 30, 2020 5:16 am

"Well."

He sounded amused.

"That's because any time they come out of their tent, there's usually someone like me bothering them."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sat May 30, 2020 5:20 am

"Yeah. Busy and getting bugged with stuff. Makes sense they'd want some time to themselves."
Wanderer • Large

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat May 30, 2020 5:21 am

"But that said, nothing stopping you from going over and introducing yourself."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sat May 30, 2020 5:29 am

"Bit late tonight. Maybe when it's lighter out on another day," he says with a nod.
Wanderer • Large

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat May 30, 2020 5:35 am

Sora nodded.

"When you're ready. But youy might as well meet the family you're marching into a collapsed nonhuman empire riven by incursions from the Realm of Evil to help."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sat May 30, 2020 5:51 am

"Probably couldn't hurt. At least let them know that I'm happy to have a chance to help out. Wouldn't have gotten a chance do so if they weren't here probably. Likely would have just been wandering around still."
Wanderer • Large

Return to “The Supply Wagon”