[Day 5, Early Evening] Why's It Called the Chuck Wagon? (Open)

Jiyo Sora

[Day 5, Early Evening] Why's It Called the Chuck Wagon? (Open)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue May 26, 2020 2:51 pm

Beggars couldn't be choosers. It was known. And if eating a bowl of "Expedition Surprise" (What's in it? IT'S A SURPRISE!) let him preserve his own small cache of dried fish, nuts, and the Hikaru secret weapon, pemmican, well, so be it.

But he still eyed the bowl rather critically.

Need to teach the Seidou about pemmican. Clearly.
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Taochusu

Re: [Day 5, Early Evening] Why's It Called the Chuck Wagon? (Open)

Post by Taochusu » Tue May 26, 2020 11:31 pm

Taochusu had eaten much worse to survive in the past. He wasn't about to argue with a free meal. He sat near Jiyo with his bowl and ate.

"Hmm... Okay I guess," he says with a nod. He turns to Jiyo and nods to him.
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed May 27, 2020 3:31 am

"You work with what you have."

He sighed and knocked back the broth.

"Like it or not. Don't think we've met. Sora, of the Jiyo family, formerly of the Hikaru tribe."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Wed May 27, 2020 7:48 am

"Oh, I met someone that was from the Jiyo family back in the village. You guys are part of the Emperor's clan right?" he asks. "I am Taochusu."
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed May 27, 2020 9:31 am

"The Kami like to refer to us as the Imperial Families rather than a Clan- think it's some hierarchical thing I don't much care about. But yes, we serve the Emperor. Glad you're with us, Taochusu. We might well need some strong arms before this is over."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Wed May 27, 2020 9:59 am

"I hope they're just needed for lifting stuff. It'd be better if people didn't end up in danger anymore like that fight with the bandits the other day. But I'm ready to use them for a fight if I need to," he says.
Wanderer • Large

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed May 27, 2020 10:02 am

"It only gets worse from here, Taochusu. I don't know if you heard about the... thing some of us ran into, but it doesn't exactly bode well for the trail ahead."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Wed May 27, 2020 8:07 pm

"No. Hadn't heard anything. What did you see?"
Wanderer • Large

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu May 28, 2020 2:15 am

"We found... a dog. A dhole, poor thing. It was... wrong. All wrong. Eyes everywhere. Couldn't walk properly. Big tentacle, like something off of an octopus, growing out of its side. Mouth ran most of the length of its body."

Oh look. The food's even less appetizing.

"Are you carrying jade, Taochusu?"

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Thu May 28, 2020 4:59 am

"No. Never been one for jewelry or pretty stuff," he says, taking another bite. He seemed quite content with the food.
Wanderer • Large

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu May 28, 2020 3:43 pm

"I'd acquire the taste, were I you. it offers a modicum of protection from Jigoku's influence."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Fri May 29, 2020 12:28 am

"Well, wanting it and getting it are two different things as well," he says with a chuckle. "Not really swimming in trade goods and I never even saw the stuff before this afternoon when I saw someone working it out of it's shell."
Wanderer • Large

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 29, 2020 3:03 am

Sora sighed.

"I expect we'll have to see if the Nezumi have any."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Fri May 29, 2020 4:10 am

He took a bit of his meal and nodded. "I guess if they have some, it would be good for those that have stuff to trade for it. But I got next to nothing to trade for it. So unless the expedition got some and lent it out until we we're finished wouldn't make a huge difference to me."
Wanderer • Large

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 29, 2020 4:11 am

"Depending on the cost, I think we could see about subsidizing some jade. I have a little saved up, I'm sure others here do as well..."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Fri May 29, 2020 4:14 am

"Not even sure what it's supposed to do," he says with a shrug. "What's so special about it?"
Wanderer • Large

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 29, 2020 4:19 am

"You'd need to ask one of the spirit-talkers for the fine details- Kyosei of the Isawa is probably the best-informed- but there's something about the stone that.... keeps Jigoku's inlfuence from corrupting those near it, at leasta little."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Fri May 29, 2020 4:27 am

"Sounds like it would come in handy," he says with a nod. "Next time I talk to him I'll ask about it."
Wanderer • Large

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 29, 2020 5:16 am

"We're all in this together, after all."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Fri May 29, 2020 6:05 am

"Yeah. Been so long since I was part of a group. The team is important so losing a part of it only makes things harder for everyone else," he says with a nod.
Wanderer • Large

Return to “The Supply Wagon”